What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- Sebastian Su’a and Cody Hopwood will both be in the top 30 next year as already known. Toohey talks about Su’a as being DSaf’s replacement.

- Mat Croker, Brodie Jones, Enari Tuala and Tom Cant are all likely to be offered new contracts. Krystian Mapapalangi sounds less likely but could change that with good form.

- Peter O’Sullivan says Sean O’Sullivan will not be on the radar.

- Gamble will be back next week and Toohey says Pryce will need a big game to keep his spot.

- There’s speculation Gardner could retire as CEO as soon as next year with Parr stepping into the role. Gardner confirms there has been discussions of him retiring in the foreseeable future but next year might be premature. Knights are setting up junior academies on the Central Coast, Upper Hunter and Mid North Coast, as well as building a boarding house for young players in Lambton.

Loose Cannon

Bench
- There’s speculation Gardner could retire as CEO as soon as next year with Parr stepping into the role. Gardner confirms there has been discussions of him retiring in the foreseeable future but next year might be premature. Knights are setting up junior academies on the Central Coast, Upper Hunter and Mid North Coast, as well as building a boarding house for young players in Lambton.
This is what we need.

Yosh

Coach
Toohey's News

- Sebastian Su’a and Cody Hopwood will both be in the top 30 next year as already known. Toohey talks about Su’a as being DSaf’s replacement.

- Mat Croker, Brodie Jones, Enari Tuala and Tom Cant are all likely to be offered new contracts. Krystian Mapapalangi sounds less likely but could change that with good form.

- Peter O’Sullivan says Sean O’Sullivan will not be on the radar.

- Gamble will be back next week and Toohey says Pryce will need a big game to keep his spot.

You sure this is Newie Knights News? Sounds like news about a well run and organized club and organization. Doesn't sound like the sort of moves the club I have been supporting for the past 30 years would be making...

Nuke

Staff member
You sure this is Newie Knights News? Sounds like news about a well run and organized club and organization. Doesn't sound like the sort of moves the club I have been supporting for the past 30 years would be making...
Funny, I was thinking something very similar as I was reading this too!

'Is this the Knights? The NEWCASTLE Knights. In the NRL. From Australia. This is the same club I've been supporting since I we 7yrs old? Coz it sure doesn't sound like my club. This sounds like a club that has its act together.'

Woody90

Juniors
Funny, I was thinking something very similar as I was reading this too!

'Is this the Knights? The NEWCASTLE Knights. In the NRL. From Australia. This is the same club I've been supporting since I we 7yrs old? Coz it sure doesn't sound like my club. This sounds like a club that has its act together.'
IMG_9318.jpeg

Knight Tales

Bench
After O’Sullivan’s appointment we set up an Academy. Do you think he is having a big say in pathways as well given he signed a five year deal? It could be a case of he will only go to market when he needs to and will look to prioritise juniors.

aqua_duck

Coach
Theres a certain old crusty poster here who said years ago this was a must do for us and got roundly lambasted.
For years we were just hoping to win a genetic lottery and hope the best juniors would come from our catchment area and many folks seemed to be happy with this approach.
I know everyone likes to bash the roosters but they essentially have next to no local catchment area so have been proactive in setting up academies, scouting and junior development. They’ve got such an extensive junior scouting network in SE Qld where we’re seeing 4 or 5 Qld under 19 players coming from the roosters every year, they’ve got an absolute stranglehold now on the central coast and they’re also picking the eyes out of the GPS rugby comp and they’ve got heaps of apartments in the eastern suburbs where they house their out of towners.
It’s all well and good we’ve recruited O’Sullivan but teams like the roosters, broncos, storm, etc have such vast networks and infrastructure that it doesn’t matter who the recruitment manager is.

Burwood

Bench
After O’Sullivan’s appointment we set up an Academy. Do you think he is having a big say in pathways as well given he signed a five year deal? It could be a case of he will only go to market when he needs to and will look to prioritise juniors.

I daresay it was the other way round- the academies etc have been in the pipeline for quite some time and were likely a big selling point to luring O’Sullivan to the club.

Theres a certain old crusty poster here who said years ago this was a must do for us and got roundly lambasted.
The news is like watching Air Crash Investigation series, after the forensic analysis investigators make a series of recommendations, and you catch yourself saying out aloud
" you mean they don't do that already" WTF

Yosh

Coach
No to any player the Storm don't want. I want to see more English lads come over and have a go here. All 3 we bought over have been pretty good.

Latest posts