What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

steven p white

Juniors
Just shows the relevance of under 20s,glorified touch football,with cricket scorelines, non existent defence & lots of show ponies who can't make the jump to 1st grade. Sounds like a few of our players doesn't it?

Ponga is looking at $500,000 a year long term after 2 NRL games.
This is the sort of thing we have done in the past and have regretted it.
I'd rather regret not signing him than repeat the same deals that got us into this position.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ponga is looking at $500,000 a year long term after 2 NRL games.
This is the sort of thing we have done in the past and have regretted it.
I'd rather regret not signing him than repeat the same deals that got us into this position.

I think this kid is an exception and he's in a key position. The type of player that could turn the club around, and 500K is not that much let's be honest. I suspect he will get a bit more than that.

Arnold

Juniors
No one. Sio and Gagan on the wings.

So we have picked up a first grader on a second-tier contract. Not sure what the big risk is ?

That he won't play. You get no value out of him in the stands regardless of what grade he is lined up for. He is unfortunatly made of glass.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
All clubs have a few injury prone players on their roster, hopefully he has a bit more luck with injury in future and can have a decent first grade career. From what everyone's saying though he's a capable first grade winger and would get a spot in front of Elliot which I think most people on here would agree is a good thing.

perverse

Referee
We've gotta take a risk sometime. Ponga is as good as risk as any in the game at the moment. Pretty happy with the Gagan and Sio pickups, too. These are all great targets for us. I'm much more optimistic about recruitment than I was a month ago. I still think we'd be well served by a middle forward leader.

I think this kid is an exception and he's in a key position. The type of player that could turn the club around, and 500K is not that much let's be honest.
500 k is a hell of a lot when it comes to Uate.
Uate was credited as being one of the top wingers in the game when we threw money at him and look where it got us.
Mullen was to be our next god when he joined the comp and look what has happened.
Stockwell, Simms, ... all have had periods where they performed and were locked in.
If we start paying a prospect $500k in the backs then what are the guys we have going to ask for next negotiation.
You reckon Sione is on $500k? He might be close. Here's a kid who played for Australia and hasn't realised that form since.He has, however, ground it out.
We could have easily seen Sione as someone who could turn the club around
Hodkinson and his experience and $600k hasn't done it.

If we want a kid like this then lets nurture young talent up through our own ranks and pray nobody else grabs them.

Everyone talking about Gagan being injury prone? He missed a lot of 2015 with a season ending injury but according to Jets facebook page he played 23 games plus semis this year.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
500 k is a hell of a lot when it comes to Uate.
Uate was credited as being one of the top wingers in the game when we threw money at him and look where it got us.
Mullen was to be our next god when he joined the comp and look what has happened.
Stockwell, Simms, ... all have had periods where they performed and were locked in.
If we start paying a prospect $500k in the backs then what are the guys we have going to ask for next negotiation.
You reckon Sione is on $500k? He might be close. Here's a kid who played for Australia and hasn't realised that form since.He has, however, ground it out.
We could have easily seen Sione as someone who could turn the club around
Hodkinson and his experience and $600k hasn't done it.

If we want a kid like this then lets nurture young talent up through our own ranks and pray nobody else grabs them.

What other options do we have though? we don't have anyone near Pongas talent coming through right now. We desperately need a strike fullback and I'm not convinced Ross is that. There are no decent fullbacks on the market now and with Barba dumped from the Sharks we are 1000 -1 odds of getting Holmes

We need to take a punt on a strike player in the backs. Ponga is the best option available

What other options do we have though? we don't have anyone near Pongas talent coming through right now. We desperately need a strike fullback
Both Ross and Sio are being given a go.
I'm not convinced with Ross either but he is keen and shows he'll put the effort in.
It was mentioned that Ross is one player who asks questions about what he can do better and then acts on it.

Ponga might turn out to be a gem or he might be just another player who can't realise his potential with what he have.
He's not going to be the club's saviour- nobody is.

We had players this year that were in a NSW Cup team that won the premiership. They came out firing at the start of the season before the reality of playing at NRL and our deficiencies kicked in.

I don't think we'll get Ponga. A few clubs are apparently chasing him. I reckon he'll do better in a team that has developed some structure and where he has experience around him. That's the way to get the best out of young guys and let them develop.

I agree it feels like a couple of months ago we look in dire straights as a team and now we sign some descent players and supporters still complain.we have to have a crack and aim at a big signing.im with caped crusader on this one.its gonna take time for a rebuild and im supporting knights thick and thin.we need to be more optimistic then pessimistic! Its been tough but we will come good

Latest posts