What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Silent Knight

First Grade
Sandow? Two spoon years in a row and the way forward for our club is to recruit the halfback that Souffs (huge emphasis on SOUFFS) rejected? I'd rather offer Plodko a contract extension than have the stench of Souffs hanging over our club.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
A big no to Sandow, his attitude is terrible and he's not a consistently good enough player to be worth the risk of the potential drama he could bring.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Sandow? Two spoon years in a row and the way forward for our club is to recruit the halfback that Souffs (huge emphasis on SOUFFS) rejected? I'd rather offer Plodko a contract extension than have the stench of Souffs hanging over our club.
Pretty sure Souths didn't reject him. Wasn't there a blow up from Russell Crow over him leaving?

Joel-22

Juniors
As I said, I really rate Cogger. Many on here don't. However, he has a heart like pharlap and runs to the line and passes in the face of defenders. The last half we had who did that was Joey
Hodko didn't show a single thing all 2016 bar one 40/20. I don't want to be a negative nancy but I have a feeling this will be Mullen's last year. I can't see him playing long before suffering another devastating injury and believe me, I'm the last person who wants to see it happen. However, it's clear his body is shot.
By 2018:

1.Kalyn Ponga
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jack Cogger
9.Danny Levi

Jesus Christ that's a young spine. Hodko will still be here but I think the kids will be consistently outplaying him by that point if they continue to progress.

Knight Vision

First Grade
As I said, I really rate Cogger. Many on here don't. However, he has a heart like pharlap and runs to the line and passes in the face of defenders. The last half we had who did that was Joey
Hodko didn't show a single thing all 2016 bar one 40/20. I don't want to be a negative nancy but I have a feeling this will be Mullen's last year. I can't see him playing long before suffering another devastating injury and believe me, I'm the last person who wants to see it happen. However, it's clear his body is shot.
By 2018:

1.Kalyn Ponga
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jack Cogger
9.Danny Levi

Jesus Christ that's a young spine
. Hodko will still be here but I think the kids will be consistently outplaying him by that point if they continue to progress.

If all 4 of those players live up to their potential and throw in Sione, Barnett, and the Saifiti twins and we're looking at another golden era in a few years.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Reading the QLD Cup gains and losses and have seen Krys Freeman and Ken Tofilau have both signed for the Central Queensland Capras. I can understanding letting Freeman go as we have Randell as NSW Cup hooker but surprised we let Tofilau go without atleast giving him a second tier contract

Bartwah

Juniors
So surely the 10 day cooling off period has passed for Ponga? Fingers crossed for an announcement tomorrow?!

Swarzey

Bench
Fingers crossed there hasn't been an eleventh hour offer that trumped ours.

But I believe it's 10 business days, not normal days so we should get an official announcement tomorrow.

rabble1

Juniors
Hope so, even though he's young, I feel he's exactly what we need. Reckon he's a combo of Marshall and Milford. Just hope he's defence is at least ok. Haven't seen any of it in the vids I've seen.

Knight76

Juniors
So surely the 10 day cooling off period has passed for Ponga? Fingers crossed for an announcement tomorrow?!

Will we see an announcement at all? From what I understand Ponga has signed a letter of intent. Which doesn't mean he is coming exactly. He could have signed a contract but the NRL won't register that contract until after round 13 of the year in which his contract with the cows ends.

If this is still how it works, Ponga is clear to negotiate and renege on our deal up until that time.

Latest posts