What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
Interesting mention that Mullo knocked back an offer from Catalans. Hope that means he's got a bit of a point to prove. Not getting injured would be a solid start. Kinda suggests he's not being pushed out at all, either... you would think he'd take it if he were.

Johns Magic

Referee
I am keen to see how Mullen goes at hooker. Sort of hoping he gets a run there. The elephant in the room of course being Levi who I am also hoping comes good.

perverse

Referee
I am keen to see how Mullen goes at hooker. Sort of hoping he gets a run there. The elephant in the room of course being Levi who I am also hoping comes good.
I'd like to see 9. Mullen 14. Levi, with Levi gradually taking more minutes as Mullen ages. Not sure where that leaves Kostjaysn.

Reports from preseason training suggest he's training there and in the halves, so we could see it. Not sure where Brown stands on Levi these days, but I think he had a lot of faith in him coming into the job. We're certainly not chasing a gun hooker at this stage, so reading between the lines I think Brown still has plans for him.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I would like to see Mullo start next season at hooker, I can't remember us ever having a dummy half with a good long kicking game so I think that will add an element to our attack and take some pressure off the halves. Also he's still nippy around the ruck so he could make good runs from there too. We would also be able to bring Brock Lamb up and give him an extended run at 5/8 too.

If Brown goes this way then either Levi or Rory are on the bench and one will be in NSW cup

I don't think Brown has brought Kostjasyn here to play reserve grade, I expect he'll either be starting hooker or coming off the bench if Mullo gets the gig. He's an experienced premiership winning player so I think it's a must that he plays NRL every week and helps our younger guys. It probably wouldn't hurt Levi to play a bit of NSW cup to start the year either so he can work on his game a bit more without the pressure of being in the 1st grade team, then when injuries inevitably strike us mid year Levi can come back and try and re-cement his position in the team.

Spot On

Coach
We've never had a 9 with a kicking game. Been a gripe if mine for years. Just don't get how that can happen in the modern game.

Swarzey

Bench
Clydsdale had a fair running game from hooker too. All round seemed to have the tools the modern game ask for.

Seemingly, it didn't fit Bennett's plan.

JohnDoe

Juniors
Now this is peak smearing and baseless journalism.

Enjoy.

Aren't the Knights run by the NRL? So if there was any problem with the contract the NRL could simply veto it which they haven't. Everybody keeps on banging about the amount of $$$. But when you look at it's not really that much in proportionate to what the cap will be in 2018 rumored to be $8-10million by the time his contract is up the salary cap will be even much higher potentially 15million.

The fact is in the near future $600k a year will be what it costs to get 'journeyman' type players. It will cost clubs $1million+ a year to get or retain Origin/test players.

This is a great get for the Knights and I do not believe they have paid overs or somehow skewed the player market.

Glendale

Juniors
Clydsdale had a fair running game from hooker too. All round seemed to have the tools the modern game ask for.

Seemingly, it didn't fit Bennett's plan.

Unfair blaming Bennett for Clydsdale IMO. He was developing OK under Wayne is his first full season in firstgrade. He didn't do enough the year after under Stone and Bedsy and Browny got rid of him because he was on too much money.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Unfair blaming Bennett for Clydsdale IMO. He was developing OK under Wayne is his first full season in firstgrade. He didn't do enough the year after under Stone and Bedsy and Browny got rid of him because he was on too much money.
Who signed him on too much money? Bennett or stone i cant remember

steven p white

Juniors
It seems Bennett as has been stated before trashed the joint before he jumped ship, Stone struggled to keep the players & supporters awake let alone motivated, so how would he have any idea about the salary cap. This leaves Hagan who seems to think throwing tons of money at really ordinary footballers will turn them into stars.There is a common denominator through all of this CEO on training wheels Gidley, at the end of the day he is the top of the food chain & its plain to see that the joint has been a mess since he has been in charge.What has he managed before the Knights(School canteen maybe) & he may have the right paperwork(degrees etc) but he's like a lot of coaches with all the credentials & not much ability. He was appointed as a local, which in theory is great but this club needs a smart operator who has lots of experience & a network of contacts. Just look how the sponsorships have gone backwards in the past few years(except for NIB coming to the rescue this year) Gidley obviously had nothing in place if or when Tinklers house of cards collapsed, only 2 positives in recent memory since he took over 1) Nathan Brown (board appointment) 2) Darren Mooney(no chance Gidley would have thought of him), lets hope if a new owner is ever found they have the good sense to find a smart operator rather than someone who is always off the pace !

Burwood

Bench
It seems Bennett as has been stated before trashed the joint before he jumped ship, Stone struggled to keep the players & supporters awake let alone motivated, so how would he have any idea about the salary cap. This leaves Hagan who seems to think throwing tons of money at really ordinary footballers will turn them into stars.There is a common denominator through all of this CEO on training wheels Gidley, at the end of the day he is the top of the food chain & its plain to see that the joint has been a mess since he has been in charge.What has he managed before the Knights(School canteen maybe) & he may have the right paperwork(degrees etc) but he's like a lot of coaches with all the credentials & not much ability. He was appointed as a local, which in theory is great but this club needs a smart operator who has lots of experience & a network of contacts. Just look how the sponsorships have gone backwards in the past few years(except for NIB coming to the rescue this year) Gidley obviously had nothing in place if or when Tinklers house of cards collapsed, only 2 positives in recent memory since he took over 1) Nathan Brown (board appointment) 2) Darren Mooney(no chance Gidley would have thought of him), lets hope if a new owner is ever found they have the good sense to find a smart operator rather than someone who is always off the pace !

Gidley gets a free pass at times because of the circumstances in which he was originally hired- to be Tinkler's public face and voice. I could excuse his ineptitude while Tinkler was still around, but in the years since he moved on I don't really see much that makes me want Gidley to stick around.

I get the feeling that there might possible perhaps maybe be an NRL standard administrator developing there somewhere- I just wish that our club didn't have to suffer through him the last 5-6 years while he had his training wheels on.

Knight76

Juniors
I think it's fair for gids to be given Brown's tenure at the club as his timeframe for employment. If Brown works out and turns the club around with on field performances and we return to being at least in the hunt for the top 8 the thats the pass mark. Anything below this and gids needs to go and we should be holding up signs at home games until he is gone.

But, who replaces him? What salary do the good clubs pay their CEO's and can we match those dollars?

GetUpstandup2k

Juniors
I think it's fair for gids to be given Brown's tenure at the club as his timeframe for employment. If Brown works out and turns the club around with on field performances and we return to being at least in the hunt for the top 8 the thats the pass mark. Anything below this and gids needs to go and we should be holding up signs at home games until he is gone.

But, who replaces him? What salary do the good clubs pay their CEO's and can we match those dollars?

One guy said to me on Facebook that the only way that Matt Gidley and the management to resign is to boycott all Knights games for next season if they can't field a first grade team or lower ticket prices, he even agreed to other Knights fans saying that they will never buy tickets again....

I still think that's a pretty geniused move, not a true fan.