What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Macca deserves a far better end to his career. He can look back with pride as having played 2 origins. A very underrated footballer.

perverse

Referee
It seems a rarity that a deserving Knight finishes their career in an appropriate fashion.

knightsarmy

Juniors
Jennings to parra .... man I would love a headline like that very quiet on any recruitment - even would go for lloyd perrett as well

Jono078

Referee
McManus will retire.

He wouldn't even be cleared to play a game of football right now.

Not sure why it hasn't officially been announced or anything like that.

Brown said in the press today Macca's career still up in the air. So while it may seem inevitable there has to be an element of hope for him.
Brown also said we are looking at one or two players. No names as per usual.

perverse

Referee
Good, he'd be a great investment... and starts to make our pack look reasonable over the next few years if he fulfils at least some of his potential. Just need one of the Saifitis and Tapine to kick on and we're not looking too bad. Still a lot of hypotheticals... but hypotheticals are the only chance we have of building a good roster long term given the way the salary cap functions in the current marketplace.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This is very true, we aren't in a position to buy established talent without paying massive overs at the moment so we should stock up on a few less experienced guys and hope that some of them fulfil their potential.

Jono078

Referee
Never heard of LLoyd Perret.

Just seen that Tim Grant has been released by the Rabbitohs though.

Spot On

Coach
Unfortunately Tim Grant would have actually looked good in our side. That's no compliment though. Bloke played all right off the back of the Burgess boys last year but really doesn't offer a great deal.

No idea of how Perrett will go but the Dogs signed him for 4 years last season so they had a bit of an opinion of him.

Herald article discussing Gids view on the salary cap inequalities states we are interested in Lloyd Perrett. If Brown can show this club is willing to give young fellas a go at first grade it could be a major strategic breakthrough. Naturally there is always people who will find fault in everything both here and outside of this forum. I have great belief this side can go places.

aqua_duck

Coach
Unfortunately Tim Grant would have actually looked good in our side. That's no compliment though. Bloke played all right off the back of the Burgess boys last year but really doesn't offer a great deal.

No idea of how Perrett will go but the Dogs signed him for 4 years last season so they had a bit of an opinion of him.

Dogs are shopping Perrett around, probably a result of Hopoate's signing and the assize upgrade given to M'bye

Spot On

Coach
leilua put something on his Twitter that seems to indicate Joseph tapaine is going to raiders

Yeah, nah. I'm not sure how anyone interpreted what was written as Tapine going to the Raiders. If true, he must be showing Brown absolutely nothing in preseason to be released early.

Last edited:
Yeah, nah. I'm not sure how anyone interpreted what was written as Tapine going to the Raiders. If true, he must be showing Brown absolutely nothing in preseason to be released early.

I couldn't see brown releasing a prospect like tapine unless as you said, he's having a shit off season.

PhilGould

Bench
I take the Leilua comment with a grain of salt. Though, if he did sign with the Raiders (or anyone else) I'd say it would be starting in 2017