What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frederick

Staff member
I've seen on Twitter that Moylan to Sharks

So out of Maloney and Pearce who would you prefer?
You would imagine they would be offered about the same.
But how many years could you get out of either?
What would be best for the club going forward?
Pearce. Younger, more talented, better organizer, less of a grub, gives away less penalties, and better defender.

Burwood

Bench
I'd take Pearce for the fact that he can tackle and doesn't give away thousands of penalties. Though he does shag dogs. But he doesn't throw opponents shoes. Tough decision...

I've seen on Twitter that Moylan to Sharks

So out of Maloney and Pearce who would you prefer?
You would imagine they would be offered about the same.
But how many years could you get out of either?
What would be best for the club going forward?

It's sounding like it's going to be a straight swap between Maloney and Moylan

Bartwah

Juniors
Maloney -> Panthers
Moylan -> sharks
Pearce -> roosters/manly
Green -> Warriors
Hayne -> eels

Think we might love missed the merry-go-round this time around.
I’d be pretty happy if we signed the centre that played in the panthers reserve grade grand final last year, he looked to be a beast

Knight76

Juniors
I love the optimism of you guys talking about players like Maloney, Pearce like they would consider coming to Newcastle, seriously!

Those players are about their legacy and wanting to play at a team with a genuine chance to win the comp. We are not that team.

We attract players who are young and looking at breaking in to a full time spot at NRL level, or forwards that are on their way out of the game, or again, trying to get more NRL game time.

As if we were ever a chance of signing Pearce, or Maloney, Bird lol, showed interest in us whilst we were about the only option publicly. Behind the scenes though I'm sure deals were being done. We were just the public avenue to drive up his price elsewhere.

Until we build ourselves up to making the 8 consistently, we are not going to attract that sort of talent.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I love the optimism of you guys talking about players like Maloney, Pearce like they would consider coming to Newcastle, seriously!

Those players are about their legacy and wanting to play at a team with a genuine chance to win the comp. We are not that team.

We attract players who are young and looking at breaking in to a full time spot at NRL level, or forwards that are on their way out of the game, or again, trying to get more NRL game time.

As if we were ever a chance of signing Pearce, or Maloney, Bird lol, showed interest in us whilst we were about the only option publicly. Behind the scenes though I'm sure deals were being done. We were just the public avenue to drive up his price elsewhere.

Until we build ourselves up to making the 8 consistently, we are not going to attract that sort of talent.
Well you might want to put the " Big Boy Panties" on for next season, because by the end of it we will have made our Marquee signings.

Alex28

Coach

Aren’t you sunshine and lollipops?

If one of those players wants a real legacy, grow some balls and come to the Knights, get us deep into the finals. Heck, maybe win it.

Knight76

Juniors
Aren’t you sunshine and lollipops?

If one of those players wants a real legacy, grow some balls and come to the Knights, get us deep into the finals. Heck, maybe win it.

Would be great and whilst it would be admirable to go help a struggling team, another factor is that players future contract value. Any top player now who is commanding very good coin, to come to us is risking their future earnings as if they arrive here and we are not in contention for the title, their value will drop. They won't get seen on TV virtually at all, all season, all up hurting their rep chances.

I'm just saying it's too big of a risk for players of Maloney and Pearce's calibre to sign here at the moment.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Knight76 isn't saying anything all of us were not saying 12 months ago. At the end of the day we go into next year with some handy signings, a lot of potential and a season of 5 wins and 3 spoons in a row.

No matter how you look at it a marquee is taking a risk to come here now. If we land one great, but easy to understand if we dont.

Bottom line is we need to prove ourselves next year as the last 3 years have not been good enough.

I think we can and will. But lets not bash a fellow supporter for stating the obvious.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
The Roosters aren’t re signing Johnny Tuivasa Sheck. If we’re looking for a young guy as outside back depth he would be great imo. Was really good at the Roosters u 20 and played well for Wyong this year

JohnDoe

Juniors
The Roosters aren’t re signing Johnny Tuivasa Sheck. If we’re looking for a young guy as outside back depth he would be great imo. Was really good at the Roosters u 20 and played well for Wyong this year

Back in N.Z. living with RTS would expect him to sign with the Warriors, if he hasn't already.

Bartwah

Juniors
Reading the Lurkers column today (because we know there’s a lot of truth in it), and he reports that dylan Napa was told he’s free to explore his options. Even though the eels are reported to be close to signing him, would you guys be interested in having a crack?

PhilGould

Bench
We did have a crack at him last time he was available and he didn't even bother coming to town to meet with Brown & Mooney. Would obviously take him but doubt he's interested.

mozza91

Coach
Raises an interesting question, how do you not perform at club level but get picked in QLD origin side.
It's pretty slim pickings to be honest. They have plenty of quality in their 17 but no depth. For every Greg Inglis or Billy Slater there's a Dane Neilson or Justin O'Neill. For every Matt Scott there's a Tim Glasby.

Burwood

Bench
It's pretty slim pickings to be honest. They have plenty of quality in their 17 but no depth. For every Greg Inglis or Billy Slater there's a Dane Neilson or Justin O'Neill. For every Matt Scott there's a Tim Glasby.

Slim pickings? Umm, not even KORBIN Sims can get a run for Queensland. That just goes to show how insanely deep their playing talent goes.