What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Glendale

Juniors
Just out of interest......

How would have people rated Mullo and Pearce against each other?

Who would you have had in your side if you could only pick 1?

Here’s another question- swap Mullen and Pearce’s careers... put Pearce at the Knights and put Mullen at the Roosters.

Does Pearce do a better job then Mullen at the Knights and does Mullen acheive at least the equal of Pearce’s club success at the Roosters?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Here’s another question- swap Mullen and Pearce’s careers... put Pearce at the Knights and put Mullen at the Roosters.

Does Pearce do a better job then Mullen at the Knights and does Mullen acheive at least the equal of Pearce’s club success at the Roosters?

In a better system Mullen could have been anything. Shame for him he remained loyal to the Knights.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Let's not forget that Mullen's career was plagued with injuries as well. The last 5 or so years especially were diabolical and he probably only played about half the games that he could have during that time.

Pearce on the other hand has played almost injury free over that time and the last 5 years he's been in career best form.

As many people have already said, purely on best form I would take Mullen but if you're asking me to pick between them based on their actual career performances then Pearce wins that hands down.

It's widely known that Mullen getting picked for NSW so early on and then being snubbed for the rest of his career really damaged his confidence because he was never the same player after that. I just wish that the selectors had half a brain and let him develop his game for a few more years before picking him, or at least sticking with him for a couple of series before kicking him to the curb like they did. He could have been absolutely anything with his level of talent but he'll always be remembed as a one hit wonder who played for a bottom-feeding team his whole career, such a shame.

Burwood

Bench
Another one of Mullen's biggest hurdles was that he came into first grade at the same time that Johns was going out. If he played 2-3 years earlier or later, there wouldn't have been as much added pressure on him to be a direct replacement for Joey.

Old dog

Bench
It's nice to see some positive comments about Mullen, I personally loved what he could do, was exited when he ran, covered the ground like Lockyer, seemed to glide along.
I believe he was extremely underrated and if he was at a strong club, such as Pearces Roosters we would be remembering him more for what he achieved. Unfortunately his injury consistently held him back over the last few years, I remember him as a loyal knight that did his best during a bad period.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
So let's say the Roosters do release Pearce, obviously Manly are the front runners to get his signature but we do have a couple of things that count in our favour.

1. It's thought that the Roosters will not release him to a club they see as a competition threat which means we could be the preferred choice of club for them to release him to.

2. We have Guerra, SKD and Watson on our roster already which could help sway Pearce to join us, hopefully those three guys are already having a chat with him about it.

Yosh

Coach
Man... I wish Joey had stayed fit for 2 or 3 more years... Not that God level but fit enough to show Mullen the ropes and give him more time to develop. Joey and Bedsy grooming Mullen for 2 or 3 more years and he could have been a world beater.

At the Roosters, I reckon he would have gotten in with the wrong crowd and done a whole lot more stupid s**t. Real pity his career went down the drain.

Frederick

Staff member
At the Roosters, I reckon he would have gotten in with the wrong crowd and done a whole lot more stupid s**t. Real pity his career went down the drain.
He did his fair share of stupid shit at the knights by sharing a house with Mason then using a banned substance.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thats why I like what Brown has done with this young team. He has cleared the decks of pisstakers and wankers and sorted the culture issue in 2 years.

The signings he has made have been a mix of players with a lit of football ahead and older players from winning clubs. I often wonder how Mullen would have gone in the current squad as opposed to the team we had when he started out.

I would like to see Lamb be given the chance to lead this squad around the park for another season but get the comments re Pearce.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Nathan Ryan reporting Mocoidreke from Souths has interest from a non Sydney or QLD side.

Hope it is us. He's a decent player from what I have seen. Can play any position 1-6

Tom155

Coach
SHHHHHHHH II
Who is on the verge of signing South Sydney utility Sitiveni Moceidreke?

Able to play wing, centre, fullback and five-eighth, Moceidreke is currently representing Fiji in the World Cup.

Here’s a hint - this club is not based out of Sydney. They aren’t based out of Queensland either.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
I have a bridge to sell you.

Are you one of the few who believe Cooper Cronk only made his mind up re playing on in 2018 and beyond just the other day?

Guess I'll take a look at that Bridge now huh?

Sometimes the people who believe everyone is pulling a swift one actually miss the reality of a situation based on their own cynicism.

I guess Mitchell is not going to Manly next week

Burwood

Bench
SHHHHHHHH II
Who is on the verge of signing South Sydney utility Sitiveni Moceidreke?

Able to play wing, centre, fullback and five-eighth, Moceidreke is currently representing Fiji in the World Cup.

Here’s a hint - this club is not based out of Sydney. They aren’t based out of Queensland either.

With rick stone as a past coach, and mick Potter currently an assistant coach, you’d think that Newcastle would be full of guys from Fiji looking to break into the NRL.

Latest posts