What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Bench
Pearce to Roosters, Moylan to Penrith, Green to Manly, Maloney to Cronulla, Lamb to Knights.
Cronk makes a million or two and nothing else changes, but wait there's more???? Then again maybe not.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
One thing about Lamb & Warson I'd love to see improve and something that would naturally come from any of Pearce or Maloney is early cutout pass to centers. Our centers never saw early ball last year or had a lot of room to move.

Jono078

Referee
Man that's a tough one.

Hayne on his day is greatness. We haven't seen many of those days in the last few years though.

I don't know if he fits the culture we're building either and he could be the thing to break what we're going for.

5 years ago this would be huge.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Hayne is probably a 400k player these days. So I’d take him for that. But he wouldn’t fit into our culture, if we did look at him i would want the contract 2 years max.

If he stays in Aus no club would be in a position to pay the $1mik he’s on now, nor do I believe any club would release players to fit him in.

Bartwah

Juniors
Pretty sure browny got asked if he was interested before Hayne signed his extension with the titans, definitely no interest there I don’t think

Yosh

Coach
Hayne for $1m now would be a huge waste and seems to be different from what the club has been setting up for the past 2 years.

Maybe 500k, one year, with an option to extend for another year if WE want, would be a great contract. Not realistic at all though...

Spot On

Coach
The last player the club would think about. Effort at training and attitude are two things Brown has based the past 2 seasons on - Hayne has neither.

No good for anyone, especially us.

Last edited:

Joel-22

Juniors
If Jarryd Hayne had the work ethic and drive of Kurt Gidley I truly believe he would have been the greatest player of all time. I honestly believe that. In 2009-2011 he literally had everything - he was big, strong, lightning fast, unbelievable ball player, the longest boot in the comp, fleet footed, kicked field goals, aggressive in defence.
As it is now, he has a f**king terrible work ethic, looks unfit, seems to have slowed down, looks disinterested and arrogant.

No thanks.

Burwood

Bench
Pretty sure browny got asked if he was interested before Hayne signed his extension with the titans, definitely no interest there I don’t think

From memory he gave a very diplomatic response along the lines of, “Jarryd is a marquee player who would suit a club that was missing the final piece of the puzzle to win a grand final, but not what our club needs at the moment when we are in a rebuilding phase”.

voltron

Juniors
I've seen on Twitter that Moylan to Sharks

So out of Maloney and Pearce who would you prefer?
You would imagine they would be offered about the same.
But how many years could you get out of either?
What would be best for the club going forward?

Latest posts