What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Tedesco is a freak. I am just thinking maybe a stint on the wing, given he started his grade career there, is a better option for him to start origin career. Worked for Slater.

Johns Magic

Referee
Tedesco is a freak. I am just thinking maybe a stint on the wing, given he started his grade career there, is a better option for him to start origin career. Worked for Slater.

Think I've seen you say this a couple of times now(or someone else has then you).

I don't think Tedesco has ever played wing? Not at NRL level at least.

He injured his knee in 2012 very early. Returned as a winger in 2013 and sometime during that season shifted to fullback. I remember Sheens saying he did it to ease him back in. So if we are talking specifics you could argue he was picked out of position then returned there.

Johns Magic

Referee
He injured his knee in 2012 very early. Returned as a winger in 2013 and sometime during that season shifted to fullback. I remember Sheens saying he did it to ease him back in. So if we are talking specifics you could argue he was picked out of position then returned there.

Ah you are correct apologies.

Tedesco would be my first picked player for NSW in any position.

No apologies needed. Technically you are right. Had he been fit he was always a fullback. I agree 100% on Teddy. He is that good I don't want another situation where he gets hammered for two series, gets dropped, when reality is he needs about two series before we will see just how good he is. I just thought it safer they ease him in like they did with Hayne. He will probably play FB and own it. If they can persist with Pearce then they can give Tedesco time too. Patience will see him play fullback at Origin for as long as he wants cos he is a auto selection for mine. His next deal will be enormous.

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Theres merit in that, i agree

However if thats the way it needs to go, then surely putting Dugan at FB with Teddy on the wing is a smarter play. Lets not forget, Coote would be an Origin rookie too

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Well NRL360 just said Gillett and Coote are asking for $700,000 & $600,000 respectively.

Guess that cuts us out..... -_-

Spot On

Coach
Gillett was simply awesome v the Warriors 2 weeks ago. I was in awe watching him absolutely monster blokes in defence. He is a hell of a player. No way Brisbane let him go.

Spot On

Coach
Gillett wants 700k? lol. Thats ridiculous money for a no frills second rower.

...and yet we have plenty of NSW Cup players on 'ridiculous' money. You won't get Gillett for much less than his asking price, especially when we have the aforementioned players on our books for not a lot less.

He's a stock standard back rower, there's not that much special about him. Yeah he can put on a hit but meh. He's no match winner.

It does make it difficult for clubs like us. You get decent first graders go through a winning culture and it makes them look a lot better than they actually are. Melbourne players generally being the case in point. They demand bigger pay packets simply on the back of the players they play with. It is a truly laughable situation. Kirk Reynoldson getting 400 K plus a year from us was the steal of the century by his manager.

Latest posts