What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woosh

Head Moderator
Tevita has already told Knights officials he has no interest coming back home
So we can scratch him off the list.

I’m telling you we should go after Fifta.
Andrew Voss wrote in his column last year that young Fifta is the best schoolboy forward he has watched in his 20+ years of calling the competition.
We don’t want to take a punt on that?
We got rocks in our heads if we don’t chase him.
Sign them while they are still relatively cheap.

Noname36

First Grade
Tevita has already told Knights officials he has no interest coming back home
So we can scratch him off the list.

I’m telling you we should go after Fifta.
Andrew Voss wrote in his column last year that young Fifta is the best schoolboy forward he has watched in his 20+ years of calling the competition.
We don’t want to take a punt on that?
We got rocks in our heads if we don’t chase him.
Sign them while they are still relatively cheap.

There’s no reason not to go hard for TPJ. Even if he’s not interested in coming home it could force up the Broncos offer. Win win.

I’ve never seen Fifita but I’m sure if he’s that good Brown and Mooney would be looking at him. Only if he’s cheap enough that signing him wouldn’t interfere with offers to established/marque props. We need them more than Fifita.

blaza88z

Coach
Who said we don't comprehend it? Nothing wrong with us trying to drive his price up.

The bloke pledged his allegiance to Tonga over Australia, forfeiting potential origin money in the process, he's not motivated by cash

mozza91

Coach
Bennett also said that TPJ is only in Brisbane because of him. If Bennett goes forced or otherwise he might just reconsider his Bronco for life view.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not going to happen but I can dream:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Jesse Ramien
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Connor Watson
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.David Klemmer
9.Slade Griffin
10.Martin Taupau
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Herman Ese'ese

14.Danny Levi
15.Tevita Pangai Junior
16.Daniel Saifiti
17.Leeson Ah Mau

I'd probably suck somebody's dick just to see that side run out in knights' colours

Thats a Premiership right there. Ponga Clive Churchill winner and Fitzy first try scorer.

perverse

Referee
There's something about "I want to be a Bronco for life" that Newcastle fans aren't comprehending
If clubs respected what players said in the media then you'd have a lot more 1-club players. If TPJ is dead set then that's fine, he won't accept any offers we put in and all is well. To say we should stop offering his manager contracts because TPJ told the papers he wants to stay in Brisbane is a bit stupid and naive even. Hell, our recruitment manager should be sacked if that was enough to stop him chasing.

The fact is that he hasn't signed any contract yet. If he's so adamant to stay in Brissie, you'd think it would be an easy one to get over the line for an extension. He's exactly what we need, so I expect those in charge of our recruitment to chase him until he's no longer on the market. Pretty simple, really.

Noname36

First Grade
The fact is that he hasn't signed any contract yet. If he's so adamant to stay in Brissie, you'd think it would be an easy one to get over the line for an extension.

Exactly. So if it still hasn’t gotten over the line yet when he said he wanted to stay in Brisbane ages ago and they were talking extension offers in the media, one of two things have likely happened:

1. He’s seriously considering other offers

2. He’s true to his word and will stay in Brisbane but the other offers have been enough to make him and his manager push for a higher salary and that’s causing the hold up in negotiations.

Either way, win, win from my perspective.

Frederick

Staff member
No player has ever said they wanted to be a one club player and then left said club. It just doesn't happen.
Not the best comparison, but Hayne did say when he went to follow his many dreams that if he returned to the NRL it would be with no-one but Parra.

Money talks, no matter what people say

Latest posts