What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
In that case we should go hard for taumalolo.
If JT2 was in the papers acknowledging the possibility that he could be pushed out of his current club then yeah, we should definitely make some enquiries, lol.

Soliola wouldn't be a horrible pickup, wouldn't break the bank.

Also Glasby is meh.

Old dog

Juniors
Glad we have Glasby and not ruling out our chances of big boppers but at this time, rumours or not, don't rate our chances of getting Klemmer or Taupau, would be nice if we got either, but!!!

Woosh

Head Moderator
450k is about 200k too much for an "honest" bench forward.

The extra $200k is because he’s a from a good system.
It’s interesting talking about how we should go after players so other clubs have to pay overs to keep them.
Meanwhile we are paying overs for honest toilers because they come from good systems.

Burwood

Bench
Jacob Lillyman was a QLD rep last year too.

That’s probably the worst comparison you could have made. ;)

Lillyman was picked due to loyalty and dropped after QLD got completely dominated in the forwards in game 1. I forget which prop replaced him in the final two games that QLD went on to win- I think it was some guy by the name of Glisby or Flasby or something??

macavity

Referee
That’s probably the worst comparison you could have made. ;)

Lillyman was picked due to loyalty and dropped after QLD got completely dominated in the forwards in game 1. I forget which prop replaced him in the final two games that QLD went on to win- I think it was some guy by the name of Glisby or Flasby or something??

Yes, Glasby got them over the line...

Spot On

Coach
The extra $200k is because he’s a from a good system.
It’s interesting talking about how we should go after players so other clubs have to pay overs to keep them.
Meanwhile we are paying overs for honest toilers because they come from good systems.

Some clubs must be forced to pay what the player is worth. Brisbane have been getting away with that shit for decades but they are seemingly having to fork out more than Wayne would like nowadays.

Keep the bastards honest at least.

Anyway, we are farked when it comes to props.

Burwood

Bench
Yes, Glasby got them over the line...

I must have missed the part where I said that? :confused:

Just pointing out that it’s hardly fair to compare their value when one is a former SoO player dumped mid series, whereas the other is at the beginning of their rep career (even if it doesn’t turn out to be illustrious or notable).

As someone else mentioned, Frisby is just a younger version of Lillyman, and with the modern salary cap I don’t think $450,000 is ludicrous money. It’s definitely at the upper end of his value, but I doubt we’ll be looking back in future years ruing the day we signed him.

macavity

Referee
I must have missed the part where I said that? :confused:

Just pointing out that it’s hardly fair to compare their value when one is a former SoO player dumped mid series, whereas the other is at the beginning of their rep career (even if it doesn’t turn out to be illustrious or notable).

As someone else mentioned, Frisby is just a younger version of Lillyman, and with the modern salary cap I don’t think $450,000 is ludicrous money. It’s definitely at the upper end of his value, but I doubt we’ll be looking back in future years ruing the day we signed him.

I think the opportunity cost of paying him $200k more Than he is worth is too high. Hope he proves me wrong.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
With the average income being over 300K, the 450K isn't even close to big coin. So many of the players that we have bought from the top clubs have performed well. I'm hopeful that Glasby will do the same. If he performs like Glen Grief of Clinton O'brian did in 2001 then I'll be happy.

Frederick

Staff member
With the average income being over 300K, the 450K isn't even close to big coin. So many of the players that we have bought from the top clubs have performed well. I'm hopeful that Glasby will do the same. If he performs like Glen Grief of Clinton O'brian did in 2001 then I'll be happy.
I'm just hoping he doesn't perform like Kirk Reynoldson *shudders*

macavity

Referee
Crossy did ok, just was always injured.

I will cop Glasby for the work horse role as long as we sign a big unit to actually make an impact (and teach the Safitis how do to the same).

Jono078

Referee
Very uninspiring signing I'd say. But I'll take it as direct replacement for Lillyman if he retires.

Old dog

Juniors
If he retires, surely if he doesn't it won't be with Knights, Glasby is every bit as good and younger so we should be in front. We need others but we must keep seeking replacements for out going players that improve our squad

macavity

Referee
Apparently Glasby is 188cm, 109kg. (exactly the same stats as me, as an aside... but I have a feeling I am much, much, much fatter).

Taupau is 190cm, 111kg.

Ah Mau is 185cm, 110kg.

Matt Scott is 185cm, 106kg

Klemmer, JWH, Boyd.... are at least 10kg heavier each.

So given this he SHOULD be big enough to make some sort of impact.... has anyone seen him bend the line?

Frederick

Staff member
Apparently Glasby is 188cm, 109kg. (exactly the same stats as me, as an aside... but I have a feeling I am much, much, much fatter).

Taupau is 190cm, 111kg.

Ah Mau is 185cm, 110kg.

Matt Scott is 185cm, 106kg

Klemmer, JWH, Boyd.... are at least 10kg heavier each.

So given this he SHOULD be big enough to make some sort of impact.... has anyone seen him bend the line?
I saw him go through one when he scored against us.

Does that count?