What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Haffa

Donkeys are okay.
Boyd isn’t on much coin.
The Donkeys were the only team looking to sign a 30 year old with dodgy hamstrings to 4 years.
Milford and Bird are both on good coin though.
Then the rest of the spine Nikorima and McCullough aren’t on good money.
Yes McCullough played origin this year but he’s one of the worst 9s in the comp.
Roberts was re-signed last year before he played origin and the donkeys aren’t getting into bidding war to re-sign Oates.
Lodge signed for minimum and they are only offering 1 year deal for next season.
You love dem broncos

Willie Ray

Bench
Donkeys are okay.
Boyd isn’t on much coin.
The Donkeys were the only team looking to sign a 30 year old with dodgy hamstrings to 4 years.
Milford and Bird are both on good coin though.
Then the rest of the spine Nikorima and McCullough aren’t on good money.
Yes McCullough played origin this year but he’s one of the worst 9s in the comp.
Roberts was re-signed last year before he played origin and the donkeys aren’t getting into bidding war to re-sign Oates.
Lodge signed for minimum and they are only offering 1 year deal for next season.
C'mon Wayne...you can do better than that.

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Watson
6. Ponga
7. Pearce

Niiiiiiice

I really think Watson could be a great fullback in the Billy mould(not saying as good obviously).

Shame to lose Meaney though...

Old dog

Juniors
1. Watson
6. Ponga
7. Pearce

Niiiiiiice

I really think Watson could be a great fullback in the Billy mould(not saying as good obviously).

Shame to lose Meaney though...
Wonder if he has had second thoughts with this probable change, might get him back but will still be tough to put out Watson.

Dave_

Juniors
Disappointing that Luke isn't likely to come. Even more disappointing that Levi will ask for an immediate release if he comes instead of staying and learning from his supposed "idol".

He really is a little flog isn't he?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Disappointing that Luke isn't likely to come. Even more disappointing that Levi will ask for an immediate release if he comes instead of staying and learning from his supposed "idol".

Yeah the shoulder surgery seems to be a sticking point as it should be. We’ve been burned way too many times in the past by injury prone players and guys coming off surgery only to re-injure themselves and as much as I like Isaac Luke as a player I wonder if we’d actually get good value for money if he missed the whole pre-season and then took a while to get back to his best, or maybe not getting back to that level at all. I’ll trust Brown on this one because he doesn’t make panic signings but it’s definitely a risk.

The Danny Levi thing really irks me. He seems to only want to be at the club if he’s guaranteed the starting hooker role which is ridiculous given his form has been patchy and he still has some stupidity in the way he plays.

Sounds like we’ll get Mason Lino which is a handy back up to have, he impressed me with what he did this year filling in for Johnson & Green.

Spot On

Coach

Yes, it would seem he is.

I'd like to hear him come out and say that there are numerous areas of his game he needs to work on and improve in rather than ask for a release if it looks as though there is a little competition for his spot.

Yosh

Coach
I'm excited to see Watson at the back. I am still really worried about his defense from the back because Ponga did some amazing stuff in defense as well. However, I really like Watson as a footballer and it'd be great if he made the fullback position his own.

Now onto Levi... Can't get myself to like the guy. He is the Woosh of the Knights. Isn't great on the field and seems like an arsehole off it. I wouldn't be bothered if he left at all. Rather give the position to someone a little less talents but willing to give 120% for the jersey. We have enough talent now in other areas of the squad to afford to have a passion player over Levi.

Is Cook really available in 2020?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yep Levi does come across as a tosser. He joins the list of kids like Lamb, Cogger, Dennis etc who tasted first grade earlier than they should of and now feel entitled to the jersey.

If that is really is his attitude I'd look to move him on. it's a red flag that promises the kid will never reach his potential.

Swarzey

Bench
Souths are looking at extending his contract before he comes off contract in November. I'm going to assume that he'll resign with them before that date, meaning we won't be able to talk to him about it. But if he doesn't, then the club should swoop and try to land him on a big value contract.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Huge decision to move Ponga.

He came to Newy to play fullback so I hope he is 100000000% happy with the move to 5/8.

I have no doubt Watson will make a good go of fullback. Damn shame Meaney is out the door.

1 Meaney
6 Ponga
7 Pearce
9 ( Insert a hooker who isnt a dickhead )
14 Watson

Bartwah

Juniors
Huge decision to move Ponga.

He came to Newy to play fullback so I hope he is 100000000% happy with the move to 5/8.

I have no doubt Watson will make a good go of fullback. Damn shame Meaney is out the door.

1 Meaney
6 Ponga
7 Pearce
9 ( Insert a hooker who isnt a dickhead )
14 Watson
100% agree with this. Ponga has said all along that his preferred position is fullback. I just bloody hope he’s happy with the move, I’d be letting him play wherever he likes

Old dog

Juniors
Can't believe the hate for Levi, sure he spat the dummy earlier on but am sure that's all water under the bridge and hopefully he has learned from it. Am sure he HASN'T said he is going if Luke comes, just someone starting the story again and everyone has jumped on the hate wagon without proof or thought. Until we get someone else he is still by far our best hooker, still young and developing his game.

Feeney (meant Pythian) must be also kicking himself for his stuff up. Apparently he has signed to a feeder Gold Coast club.

Last edited: