What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

1qaz

Juniors
Lol @ Benji is the answer to the halves problems.
If Brown doesn't think Lamb is ready then someone like Carney would be worth a risk.
An idiot off the field and unlike Benji, Carneys got a point to prove.

Joel-22

Juniors
Lol @ Benji is the answer to the halves problems.
If Brown doesn't think Lamb is ready then someone like Carney would be worth a risk.
An idiot off the field and unlike Benji, Carneys got a point to prove.

I didn't say that Benji is the answer. I said the above side is collectively capable of scoring tries, which it is. More tries than our current team.

I'm not sure what the halves solution is, I'm thinking we're best off waiting until 2017 when some real talent hits the market.

Benji Marshall! I might buy tickets in row D as I will no doubt get to catch the ball from his cutouts or if I am really lucky get to high five him after he runs and dummies across field to link up with the camera crew running lines up and down the field.

K-Man

Bench
You're easily pleased if you're happy with that team. They would be challenging for the spoon with the current mob.
You talk about xfactor. The only real xfactor in your side is BJ and at a stretch Tapine.
You're not even sure who should play 6. Persall will be turned into utility hooker.
Feeney will never make it as a first grade half. You never saw any of his games in the lower grades at half?
Overlap killer, dummy and go himself was he only play.
Lamb by far is the best choice. I rate him higher than any of the current juniors coming through at Newcastle.
You then have Pete on the wing. By far his worst position. You didn't see any of his games on the wing at Dragons?
Taylor is an automatically selection at the Titans long with Elgey. Roberts will make way for both.
Then you want a 31 year old in Taia back? Real xfactor there.
Someone like Tyrone Peachy would be a much better buy.
Randell on the bench? Does he bring Xfactor or Australian Idol to the team? Lol

Have you watched us play? I said realistic, not let's buy Thurston and Hayne and be done with it. This is the type of side we can actually afford to assemble, that's life. There's no point pretending otherwise. I never said it was a Dream Team, obviously.

The whole point was to highlight how, if we are going to be crap anyway, I would attempt to filter in some more attacking qualities across the 17. A decent fullback, a centre with power, a halfback who can actually create and run the ball, some backrowers who can all run a good line and ball play a little or offload, and a bench forward who offloads extremely well.

That is already an improvement on what we have. If you don't think the team I listed would beat the team we currently have, then we simply don't see it the same way, which is fine. I'm pretty confident that team beats the current team.

I'd love Peachey here, absolutely. And I don't particularly rate Randell. Again, I said the team has to be REALISTIC.

Wait, I thought you didn't watch Knights games? I'm confused how you know so much about the individual performances.

1qaz

Juniors
Have you watched us play? I said realistic, not let's buy Thurston and Hayne and be done with it. This is the type of side we can actually afford to assemble, that's life. There's no point pretending otherwise. I never said it was a Dream Team, obviously.

The whole point was to highlight how, if we are going to be crap anyway, I would attempt to filter in some more attacking qualities across the 17. A decent fullback, a centre with power, a halfback who can actually create and run the ball, some backrowers who can all run a good line and ball play a little or offload, and a bench forward who offloads extremely well.

That is already an improvement on what we have. If you don't think the team I listed would beat the team we currently have, then we simply don't see it the same way, which is fine. I'm pretty confident that team beats the current team.

I'd love Peachey here, absolutely. And I don't particularly rate Randell. Again, I said the team has to be REALISTIC.

Wait, I thought you didn't watch Knights games? I'm confused how you know so much about the individual performances.

LOL @ realistically. Have you even looked at your side?
Coote, BJ, Tapine, Taylor are all contracted for next season.
Realistically are you expecting them to all break their contracts to come to Newcastle next season? What are you smoking?
Hodkinson and Tariq will both be here next season. Brown made them captains for a reason.
Hodkinson is a better player than what he's showing at the moment. Not a long term answer but hes capable of doing a job in the next couple of years for Newcastle.
As for Tariq, penalites and drop balls is all he's good for. He needs to cut the garbage from his game and develop an offload. Even then I have my doubts.
Gagai should be given an off season training at fullback before we write him off as a 1.
Brown has said on number of occasions he's the Knights best attacking player and needs to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.
15 Line breaks and 9 Try Assists in the first 16 rounds last season backs this up.
Realistically the senior players that are most likely to be moved on are Smith, Mullen, Uate, Rochow, Paea.
Realistically this is the side the Knights could assemble next season.

1. Gagai
2. Joseph Manu
3. Sione
4. Pete
5. Ross
6. Lamb
7. Hodkinson
8. Mataora
9. Segeyaro
10. Stockwell
11. Tariq
12. Korbin
13. Peachy

14. Levi
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Jacob Saifiti
17. Jai Arrow

Manu from the Roosters is a talent but with SKD, Ferguson, Copely, Mitchell, Tupou ahead of him, the Knights could nab him and offer him a first grade spot.
Levi has talent but he's better off learning his trade on the bench.
Segeyaro career has been wrecked by injuries so far.
A fully fit Segeyaro is an orgin player and would provide so much spark to the Knights attack.
Arrow is down the pecking order at the Broncos. The Knights could also nab him if they offered him a spot in the 17.

Flame away.

K-Man

Bench
LOL @ realistically. Have you even looked at your side?
Coote, BJ, Tapine, Taylor are all contracted for next season.
Realistically are you expecting them to all break their contracts to come to Newcastle next season? What are you smoking?
Hodkinson and Tariq will both be here next season. Brown made them captains for a reason.
Hodkinson is a better player than what he's showing at the moment. Not a long term answer but hes capable of doing a job in the next couple of years for Newcastle.
As for Tariq, penalites and drop balls is all he's good for. He needs to cut the garbage from his game and develop an offload. Even then I have my doubts.
Gagai should be given an off season training at fullback before we write him off as a 1.
Brown has said on number of occasions he's the Knights best attacking player and needs to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.
15 Line breaks and 9 Try Assists in the first 16 rounds last season backs this up.
Realistically the senior players that are most likely to be moved on are Smith, Mullen, Uate, Rochow, Paea.
Realistically this is the side the Knights could assemble next season.

1. Gagai
2. Joseph Manu
3. Sione
4. Pete
5. Ross
6. Lamb
7. Hodkinson
8. Mataora
9. Segeyaro
10. Stockwell
11. Tariq
12. Korbin
13. Peachy

14. Levi
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Jacob Saifiti
17. Jai Arrow

Manu from the Roosters is a talent but with SKD, Ferguson, Copely, Mitchell, Tupou ahead of him, the Knights could nab him and offer him a first grade spot.
Levi has talent but he's better off learning his trade on the bench.
Segeyaro career has been wrecked by injuries so far.
A fully fit Segeyaro is an orgin player and would provide so much spark to the Knights attack.
Arrow is down the pecking order at the Broncos. The Knights could also nab him if they offered him a spot in the 17.

Flame away.

I'm guessing you are really bad at hypotheticals. When did I say those players were off contract? When did I say I think we can actually put this side together? Never. It's a hypothetical for a reason. The point is to show that I personally think we lack some spark and creativity, even if at comes at the expense of experience / size etc. Someone like Tariq for example, he's a fine player, but he's not giving us much. He'd probably kill it if he was back a top club again. We need a few backrowers with more strings to their bow, like a Lewis or Tapine.

Anyway you don't understand hypotheticals, so I'm done.

League_God

Juniors
I'm guessing you are really bad at hypotheticals. When did I say those players were off contract? When did I say I think we can actually put this side together? Never. It's a hypothetical for a reason. The point is to show that I personally think we lack some spark and creativity, even if at comes at the expense of experience / size etc. Someone like Tariq for example, he's a fine player, but he's not giving us much. He'd probably kill it if he was back a top club again. We need a few backrowers with more strings to their bow, like a Lewis or Tapine.

Anyway you don't understand hypotheticals, so I'm done.

I kind of agree with both of you if that's possible.

1.Nathan Ross
2.Jake Mamo
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Chanel Mata'utia
6.Brock Lamb
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Jacob Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.Daniel Saifiti
11.Tariq Sims
12.Korbin Sims
13.Luke Lewis

14.Tyrone Peachey
15.Sam Mataora
16.Pauli Pauli
17.Jack Stockwell

Release Mullen, Snowden, Jimmy, Smith, Rochow, Aku, Gagai and Paea etc.

Sign Peachey and Lewis.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
This would be the perfect signing for us imo, I can't believe he can't crack a first grade spot every week (even off the bench) over at Penrith. He has so many attributes that our current forwards lack.

Peachey is a dangerous broken play runner with some ability to throw an offload and that's about it. He has filled in at 5/8 on occasion. Small for a forward, slow for a back.

Nonetheless he's played every game at Penrith this year, except the Cowboys game when it appears the coach wanted more size off the bench. He was also the club's player of the year last season.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I wouldnt mind getting Benji...

The might be rock and diamonds, but he will bring more energy than either Hodko or Mullen and at least he is demanding the ball when he's f*cking up.

+ id rather the halves coming through the ranks now learned from him instead of Mullen

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Peachey is a dangerous broken play runner with some ability to throw an offload and that's about it. He has filled in at 5/8 on occasion. Small for a forward, slow for a back.

Nonetheless he's played every game at Penrith this year, except the Cowboys game when it appears the coach wanted more size off the bench. He was also the club's player of the year last season.

IMO He reminds me a lot of Dean Widders in his prime from '04-'06 when he just seemed to bring a bit of xfactor to the team every time he was on the field. Similar build as well, small for a forward but explosive and skillful.

Spot On

Coach
Don't mind the Peach as a bench player. Nowhere fit enough to play 80 mins. He can really struggle defensively as the game wears on.

League_God

Juniors
Konrad Hurrell set to be cut by the Warriors... are we interested?

1.Dane Gagai
2.Sione Mata'utia
3.Konrad Hurrell
4.Pete Mata'utia
5.Aku Uate

that certainly looks a tonne better

slotmachine

First Grade
they re-signed because the knights can offer them something no one else could, upgraded contracts for 2017.

sounds like snowdens money is getting put to good use.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
they re-signed because the knights can offer them something no one else could, upgraded contracts for 2017.

sounds like snowdens money is getting put to good use.

Fair point and not actually a bad trade off...

That seems far to logical for the Knights. Im sure we will have put a clause in their that lets them leave at any time with us footing the entire bill.

THAT would be the Newcastle way ;-);-)

Latest posts