What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

I just think it is hardly punishment if you can still rebuild a squad around marquees after being caught cheating. That is completely unfair.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
How are those 4 nobodies going to cover $575K?

If Parra are allowed to get rid of nobodies and keep the stars they so blatantly cheated to get on board it makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Just means when we get a new owner, first thing they should do is cheat the cap in order to jump ahead 10 years of development and pain. Looks like it will work for Parra...

Worked for the Dogs and Storm.

Cheating pays off in the NRL - absolutely positively.

Best case, you don't get caught. Worst case, you get caught, but keep all the players you want to keep.

The standard should have been set the first time - the offending clubs players (in cases of blatant cheating) should be put to tender - and have to go to the highest bidding club. The original club gets to bid also, of course - but this guarantees they don't get to act strategically to most benefit from their cheating.

Of course it will never happen in the NoviceRL.

Yeah take Semi and Foran aswell

We not gonna f##king let our stars go the people that will be released will be average players like

Toutai
Ryan Morgan
Peni Terepo

And if need be
David Gower

That will more than cover it but it watmough retires we will lose no one

Mate. Seriously. You have huge issues at Parra. Firstly Watmough can turn around and say it is not his problem and play on. If he does you are up shit creek. Secondly if you read today's SMH column this is not as clear cut as it seems. You will lose at least one person big name, most likely Norman. i actually wonder if subconsciously every Parra fan was asking themselves how can we afford Watmough, Foran, Jennings, and Beau Scott all in the space of a year. I think truth be told this surprises nobody.

I feel for their fans. It is terrible. However the board are not going without a fight it seems meaning the fans are in for more unnecessary pain. The game again suffers. My question is if the Eels make the finals and win the Comp (They are good enough) how will this competition ever take itself seriously again?

Last edited:
Photo today of Papalli and Semi Radradra visiting Knights training on Twitter today. If it wasn't for the fact the Roos are in town you would be excited by that given what happened in the last 48 hrs with Parra.

League_God

Juniors
Is anyone else concerned about the total lack of rumoured signings?

We were linked to Brenko Lee but now it looks like he's off to Brisbane. Given the shit comprising our current top squad, how the f**k are we not more active in market?

We were linked to Brenko Lee but now it looks like he's off to Brisbane. Given the shit comprising our current top squad, how the f**k are we not more active in market?

Maybe we are, but players have pretty much black listed the knights and just reject anythig we offer. Why would anyone want to come here unless you want a retirement package. Any young player that comes here is going to take big backwards steps in their career and ruin their long term money makinf ability.

Frederick

Staff member
Why would brisbane want brenko lee. That make no sense

To troll the rest of the competition.

"We have allllllllllll the monies, which means we can buy alllllllll the players and not play them, and there's not a thing any of you can do about it!"

slotmachine

First Grade

We were linked to Brenko Lee but now it looks like he's off to Brisbane.
Given the shit comprising our current top squad, how the f**k are we not more active in market?

No cap space.
Everyone seems pretty confident Mitch Barnett ends up here by 30 June.

perverse

Referee
I think Korbs was linked with Cronulla, too. Out of the 3, Korbin is the only one I'd be keen to keep.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Honestly, id not like to see TSims go either

Sure hes not been at his best, but we know what he is capable of and I still hold a bit of hope that he will deliver that again.

Not fussed on Rochow though

slotmachine

First Grade
Tariq never been the same since he broke his leg twice.

We know what he is capable of, spending a large chunk of the season suspended and delivering well below his pay cheque.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Tariq was awesome for country last year playing at prop.

Im not convinced the structures around him at Newcastle arent partially to blame for his poor form with us