What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bartwah

Juniors
So this year we’ve lost Jack Cogger, Chris Heighington, Brock Lamb , Jacob Lillyman, Chanel Mata'utia, Pat Matautia, Nick Meaney, Dylan Phythian, Ken Sio and likely Cory Denniss.
But we’ve picked up Glasby (origin), Ramien (possible future origin), Lee, Lino, Gavet (Samoan international), Klemmer (fingers crossed) and Hymel Hunt.
Apart from Meaney and Heigno, we’ve replaced the dead weight with equivalents or easily better. Another successful recruitment drive IMO, and we’ve still got 2-3 more spots on the roster to fill!

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Care to read Cory Dennises stats for us? We need a 30 man squad, he provides decent depth cover for I’m assuming not much coin. I’d rather spend the money on him than pay overs for Jennings who’s well past his prime
Sure.

Comparing strictly games at centre (all that Denniss has played in the past two years):
Denniss - 21 years old, 11 games, 1 try, 3 line break assists, 2 try assists, 81.70 tackle efficiency
Hunt - 24 years old, 17 games, 1 try, 2 line break assists, 0 try assists, 81.80 tackle efficiency

Bartwah

Juniors
Sure.

Comparing strictly games at centre (all that Denniss has played in the past two years):
Denniss - 21 years old, 11 games, 1 try, 3 line break assists, 2 try assists, 81.70 tackle efficiency
Hunt - 24 years old, 17 games, 1 try, 2 line break assists, 0 try assists, 81.80 tackle efficiency

Fair enough. Hunt can play Centre, wing, fullback or backrow. And his manager didn’t try and hold the club to ransom. Wonder how he’s going trying to get Dennis a better deal?

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Fair enough. Hunt can play Centre, wing, fullback or backrow. And his manager didn’t try and hold the club to ransom. Wonder how he’s going trying to get Dennis a better deal?
And he plays none of them well.
I'm not saying Denniss is a world beater or we should have kept him at all costs.. but personally I think at the same price there is more upside to Denniss than Hunt.

Ideally, you wouldn't want either as a first choice player and I'll be a little discouraged when Hunt is named.

Brown's recruited fantastically though, so hopefully this is just picking up cheap garbage to keep funds in reserve for a starting calibre player.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Brown's recruited fantastically though, so hopefully this is just picking up cheap garbage to keep funds in reserve for a starting calibre player.
Thats what I think this signing is. I agree on Dennis, but only at the right price and it sounds he wanted more than he's worth which means we would of had less money for our blue chip signings.

My guess would be Hunt is on 100K less than Rossdog and offers more versatility and just as much fire power. Bet Brown regrets upgrading Rossdogs contract.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Thats what I think this signing is. I agree on Dennis, but only at the right price and it sounds he wanted more than he's worth which means we would of had less money for our blue chip signings.

My guess would be Hunt is on 100K less than Rossdog and offers more versatility and just as much fire power. Bet Brown regrets upgrading Rossdogs contract.
Even still - I think Hunt offers essentially no strike power. Ross would be preferred to Hunt.
His role should be "just don't mess everything up".
The only time I'd like to see Hunt in the side is if we've exhausted all other centre options, including promising juniors and it prevents playing a second rower in the centres.

Spot On

Coach
Broncos HQ - NRL Rumour and Movements - read from post #133.

Seriously, this is why the Broncos are hated. Andrew Gee and the missing 300K but we have given every player a million dollars and they can't work out how we have done it!!

FMD.

Words can not describe the hypocrisy and irony of some of the dribble in that thread.

Here's hoping Bennett takes 3 or 4 players with him to Souths this year.

Haffa

Broncos HQ - NRL Rumour and Movements - read from post #133.

Seriously, this is why the Broncos are hated. Andrew Gee and the missing 300K but we have given every player a million dollars and they can't work out how we have done it!!

FMD.

Words can not describe the hypocrisy and irony of some of the dribble in that thread.

Here's hoping Bennett takes 3 or 4 players with him to Souths this year.
Quality read. That one post which says we must still be paying all the Chanel and Pat was great. Those blokes complaining about the roosters is hilarious too.

aqua_duck

Coach
Quality read. That one post which says we must still be paying all the Chanel and Pat was great. Those blokes complaining about the roosters is hilarious too.
Those moron love ignoring facts, truth is we took a gamble on Ponga which turned out to be a massive win, likewise Ramien. Those two blokes are probably on about half their market value because we got in early

Burwood

Bench
Someone should get in contact with the RLPA- it's quite concerning how many players didn't want to come to the club, but were lured here nefariously.

Jamie Buhrer must be on a big contract because he played one game for NSW back in 2012. :D

"They're rorting the cap- there's no way they're under"
"Nah, it's all good- they're actually 2.2m under the cap this year"
"They're rorting the cap because they're 2.2m under the cap"
"Well no, they front-loaded the contracts to make them compliant with the new rules"
"......"

f**k, it must be painful being one of only a few sane people in your own club's forum. Is this what Marathon is like? It seems relatively free of idiots in here.

Bartwah

Juniors
Dunno where else to ask this question, so I’ll throw it in here. Does anyone know a player that has played with us, manly, and the tigers?

First Grade
Dunno where else to ask this question, so I’ll throw it in here. Does anyone know a player that has played with us, manly, and the tigers?
Depends which tigers, Josh starling played for Manly the knights and the Oberon Tigers

Knight Vision

First Grade
f**k, it must be painful being one of only a few sane people in your own club's forum. Is this what Marathon is like?
contains an enlightened guru with a fascination of Knights juniors and illusions of self grandeur calling for Browns head and a vitriolic cretin of all things Sione - great for comic relief and housewife style gossip though. .