What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
i really don't see what everyone's issue is with Levi.

I suspect it's a reaction borne of in-group loyalty following his reaction to being dumped to Cup in favour of Lamb.

The solution is simple for mine; Levi starts in the 9. and Buhrer in the 14.

Anyone who think Levi isn't the most talented hooker the club has had since Bedsy is f**king kidding themselves. He was a f**king 21 year old kid when Lamb and Slade were selected ahead of him. Most of us on this forum are 30+ and we can't even come to a consensus as to whether his disgruntlement was justified. He's a footballer, not a moral psychologist. It's all a learning experience. If we sign Klem and Glasby, Daifiti, Gavet all fire, Levi's running game will tear sides apart. He's 22 ffs and already played for the kiwis.
I think some in this forum need to look at the situation without having their lens coloured by their tribalist loyalty to the club and remember we're talking about normal kids, not robots.

I teally like Levi too as he has some really good attributes as you've listed but he has not yet become anywhere consistent enough on the park and I think its fair to say Brown also feels his attitude is not good enough either.

But yes, he definitely has the potential to tear teams apart.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Be tearing them apart for the eels or someone soon enough. Will have the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder when he plays the knights.

macavity

Referee
Be tearing them apart for the eels or someone soon enough. Will have the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder when he plays the knights.

Cue 30 attempted barge overs.

I like Levi as a player, but there is obviously something not right.

Might be a personality clash with Brown (and/or other leaders in the club), may be that he is not getting a fair go, or may be that he is a giant douche.

Might be a combination of all three.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Anyone who think Levi isn't the most talented hooker the club has had since Bedsy is f**king kidding themselves. He was a f**king 21 year old kid when Lamb and Slade were selected ahead of him. Most of us on this forum are 30+ and we can't even come to a consensus as to whether his disgruntlement was justified. He's a footballer, not a moral psychologist. It's all a learning experience. If we sign Klem and Glasby, Daifiti, Gavet all fire, Levi's running game will tear sides apart. He's 22 ffs and already played for the kiwis.
I think some in this forum need to look at the situation without having their lens coloured by their tribalist loyalty to the club and remember we're talking about normal kids, not robots.

Agree with what you're saying, I also think Levi could be a great hooker and I'd go so far as to say one of the best in the competition. However IF what's been reported about him is correct then sadly it will be what's between his ears that will prevent him realizing his potential.

Yes he is only a young fella but he's also a professional athlete on good money, and with that comes a certain level of expectation. An attitude like Levi's is a cancer to team sport.

There are many tales of some of the games greats being dropped in earlier parts of their careers, they didnt throw in the towel they just worked on their game. Does Levi have the skill set to be great ? I think so. Does Levi have the attitude to be great ? The signs arent good.

Spot On

Coach
....or Brown is just one hard marker when it comes to no. 9. Could also be part of the problem and part of the reason he has had so many have-a-go there.

Who do we chase if Levi goes?

Spot On

Coach
Can pretty much forget Griffin then.

Any reason Woolford can't replicate what Jaiden Brailey did in his first season???