What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Cogger and Meaney going alright now so was it the way we handled them, coaching problem or suddenly they have become better players. Don’t think either were junk or rubbish, maybe not in our plans and wanting to play 1sts so moved on.

Knight Vision

First Grade
What's wrong with Watson? I think he is miles ahead of Cogger in terms of skill and potential.
Reminds me of a Josh Reynolds all speed and effort and not much skill. Once the speed and effort fade so to does the star. Early days yet though so hopefully he develops into something special.

slotmachine

First Grade
The nicest thing you could say about cogger for us was that he had a real go in defence.

I guess he can pass as well, which is not something you can say about Watson.

Yosh

Coach
Let's keep Hunt as well. Saifiti is a no brainer. Wants to stay so will take a cheaper deal and will play harder for the club. All win.

Hunt has been so good. I like having one solid centre on one side and a strike centre, the good old Gaz and Cooper set up. Ramien is a great strike centre and I think if we were gonna blood a outside back, give him SKD's spot maybe?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Let's keep Hunt as well. Saifiti is a no brainer. Wants to stay so will take a cheaper deal and will play harder for the club. All win.

Hunt has been so good. I like having one solid centre on one side and a strike centre, the good old Gaz and Cooper set up. Ramien is a great strike centre and I think if we were gonna blood a outside back, give him SKD's spot maybe?
read that Hunt is only on a 140K contract as well. Great value...I love what he's doing at the moment.

aqua_duck

Coach
Just watching the Doggies game and I reckon the Knights made a couple of big mistakes in retention. If we were ever going to move Ponga to 5/8 we should have kept Meany and if we were keeping Ponga at FB and wanted a 5/8 we should have kept Goggar and never recruited Watson - hindsight is 20/20.
We tried to keep Meaney but at the time he signed for the dogs there wasn't this speculation of Ponga to 5/8th.
I think Meaney and Cogger will turn out to be good first graders but I'm fairly confident that neither will turn out to be a major regret that will haunt us for years to come.

aqua_duck

Coach
read that Hunt is only on a 140K contract as well. Great value...I love what he's doing at the moment.
Hunt no doubt will have added some extra dollars to his value and is definitely worth retaining. I don't think SKD will be retained considering we have a guy like Moga in reserve grade and youngsters like Toa, Cooper and Best coming through.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Hunt no doubt will have added some extra dollars to his value and is definitely worth retaining. I don't think SKD will be retained considering we have a guy like Moga in reserve grade and youngsters like Toa, Cooper and Best coming through.
I'm thinking the same SKD is coming to the end.

Hunt has been a surprise package, he's actually a big human, I sometimes get him and Herman mixed up.

aqua_duck

Coach
I hope so.
I've watched all the dogs games this year and whilst Meaney is fairly safe and reliable and has some speed he doesn't really who how to inject himself nor does he actually break many tackles. Cogger has been solid for the dogs, long term I think he'll be a good solid NRL half like a Chad Townsend

General Knight

Juniors
Are we looking at anyone to replace Levi? The way hes been playing lately in addition to us telling him hes free to go elswhere its only a matter of time before another club picks him up?

aqua_duck

Coach
Are we looking at anyone to replace Levi? The way hes been playing lately in addition to us telling him hes free to go elswhere its only a matter of time before another club picks him up?
If he leaves I suspect Slade would slot back in and Luke Huth will be groomed long term