What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m glad we’ve got Watson. Yeah he’s made some errors this year but has been the guy (along with Mann) who has been asked to play a bunch of different positions all year and never seems to get a fair go at any single one of them and always ends up being criticised. His effort is great and he is clearly a dangerous ball runner, some of his work up the middle of the ruck when he was playing hooker was excellent. He’s probably going to end up as our long term no.14 but I would hope that we keep him around.

If both play to full potential Bird is probably the better player but we’ve seen about 3-4 weeks of that in total from Bird over the last few years so I don’t regret that we didn’t get him. Besides he snubbed us at the last minute for Wayne and clearly didn’t want to be part of the rebuild and didn’t see much upside in coming here so I wouldn’t take him now even if he wanted to come for free.

Old dog

Juniors
I hope we keep him, Klem, DanS and Glasby our top 3 middles with Ese’ese and JSaf next, rather let Gavet go with King and Saulo in reserves.

Frederick

Staff member
Bulldogs set to make a big play for esse esse apparently
The Bulldogs have the most money to spend, they're going to be linked to anybody and everybody, whether they're off contract or not.

Kinda like us over the last couple of years

Zoidberg

First Grade
How is Ramien getting an upgrade?
We need to keep Hunt.
I thought our cap was already way under this year?
So we have to lose people because we go and buy people before finding a way to move on people we don’t want.
This cub sucks.
I’m angry after last nights loss, and I will be all weekend.

Burns

First Grade
Yeah I’m a bit confused as well. I thought we still had plenty of room in the cap. Lol at Ramien getting an upgrade.

Yosh

Coach
Looks like we need to loose skd, guerra, Levi and esse esse to keep ponga, dsaf and sign brailey

Sounds perfect to me. SKD has been great this year but needs to make way for one of our star youngsters. Hunt has been amazing. Need to hold onto him. Moga might have more upside but too risky. Can we let Moga go somehow in 2020 to keep Ese'ese.

How long is Gavet signed for?

Swarzey

Bench
Looks like we need to loose skd, guerra, Levi and esse esse to keep ponga, dsaf and sign brailey

Ponga's upgrades are - by all reports ever since he signed - already planned and prepared for. Brailey should be on Levi's money and Saifiti isn't worth a cap breaking upgrade.

If we're not cutting players and freeing up cap space to improve the squad then we're truly f**ked.

I heard in the team release today that we are trying to re-sign both SKD and Lee.
I know some want SKD to go but I reckon he deserves to play out his career with us. He's extremely dedicated and puts a huge effort in. He's also one of the fittest players we have and sets a benchmark for fitness (brought up in another team release).
Let him play it out for another year I reckon.

mozza91

Coach
Re-signing SKD is a no brainer. We’re short on quality outside backs and he’s been excellent for us.

mozza91

Coach
He's also turning 32 by the time next season starts and still extremely error prone
I really don’t think he is tbh. Just looked and he’s made 16 errors in 14 games. Not the safest but there’s more than 40 players who have made more errors and a lot of them are outside backs.

I’d give him 2 more years. As I said we’re short on outside backs and we should be able to keep him for less money than signing a replacement of similar quality.

Latest posts