What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
already got too much $$$ tied up spine players lamb/cogger/mullen/hodko/levi/randall/gagai

if tariq and rochow leave and smith and snowden retire going to need 4 new forwards

Burns

First Grade
Is there anyone off contract anywhere that is even feasible for us to sign? Should cast out our net to the Super League, must be someone there Brown has contacts too.

Things to remember are that the young guys we keep will want more coin and we need to build up reserve grade again.
I reckon a class fwd with leadership qualities for next year. Another experienced fwd if we can.
I'd like a good half.

newyboy

Juniors
If I had a work contract to perform a certain duty or at a certain level and I did not meet those expectations. I would expect an meeting with upper management and a review, some skills training etc, etc and If I did not perform I would be sacked contract or not without compensation. Why should these guys be any different?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I'd rather build with some young players that are waiting to break out from around the league, is there a list of players we could obtain?

I remember in 2005 when we had a huge injury crisis having Craig Smith really helped some of the younger guys that were getting thrown into first grade. A couple of older hardhead forwards willing to put in the effort he did would be great.

Craig Smith was nothing short of outstanding that season and possibly played his best ever footy. He really turned the place around and was a big reason we finished so strong when Joey returned from his broken jaw.

General Knight

Juniors
Craig Smith was nothing short of outstanding that season and possibly played his best ever footy. He really turned the place around and was a big reason we finished so strong when Joey returned from his broken jaw.

Cant remember off the top of my head but we had another experienced prop at some stage who pretty much played a similar role to Craig Smith did. Think he was from the Raiders. Just cant remember his name.

Off Contract 2016: Cory Denniss, Bryce Donovan, Krys Freeman, Josh King, Tama Koopu, Alex McKinnon, James McManus, Robbie Rochow, Nathan Ross, Tariq Sims, Bradie Smith, James Taylor, Tekina Vailea, Paterika Vaivai

I'd keep Denniss, King, Ross.
Some of the other guys might be ok in lower grades if they have potential and don't take up much coin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off Contract 2017:
BHANA, David
FEENEY, Jaelen
FITZGIBBON, Lachlan
GAGAI, Dane
LAMB, Brock
MAMO, Jake
MATA'UTIA, Peter
MATAORA, Sam
PAEA, Mickey
PAULI, Pauli
PEARSALL, Will
RANDELL, Tyler
SIMS, Korbin
SNOWDEN, Kade - gone
STOCKWELL, Jack
UATE, Akuila
YATES, Luke

ryana87

Juniors
Can someone explain something for me please

Konrad hurrell has been released from his contract with 2.5 yrs left......... Why cannot we do the same with some of the dead weight we have?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Hurrell's release would have been by agreement between both parties. Most dead weight wouldn't agree to that because they couldn't get another contract elsewhere.

ryana87

Juniors
So could we force a mutual release

As in.... Tell the player they will not play first grade here..... This would obviously drive down their market value and force them to go to another club earlier

TooheysNew

Coach
So could we force a mutual release

As in.... Tell the player they will not play first grade here..... This would obviously drive down their market value and force them to go to another club earlier
And who do we put in first grade in their place?

And if we drive down their market value, and someone else signs them for half the price, we still pick up half the contract. No player is going to accept a release to go somewhere else and get paid half of their salary.