What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Can someone explain something for me please

Konrad hurrell has been released from his contract with 2.5 yrs left......... Why cannot we do the same with some of the dead weight we have?

Hurrell probably asked for it knowing he will get better offers elsewhere....

Our overpaid lot know they will never have offers this good so they dont ask for an out.

Joel-22

Juniors
I wouldnt want him here.....

Youre right that he would be a beast for most teams, but if he came here he'd be worse than Joey Leilua

I agree. We're simply not ready to have a player like Hurrell here. Once Browny turns this place into a military-like camp with everyone giving 110% at training and on the field THEN we can think about bringing a player like Hurrell here.

Peter Badel from Courier Mail claims we are a good chance of getting Greg Eden from Broncos. Classy fullback who Browny coached in UK. I think this is the start of Browny's SL recruitment drive. If we do sign Eden,there is a strong chance Dane will be back to centre. Eden is a pure fullback.

Spot On

Coach
Geez, just when I was thinking about changing my sig, Brown decides to buy a woeful fullback and put Gags back to the centres.

Browny doesn't rate Dane as a fullback at all if he's going to replace him with a bloke who sounds like he'd fit into a bush footy side???

Pure fullback? You ever seen him play? Or you talking crap as usual?
He's a journeyman at best.
Played QLD cup all of last season for the Seagulls. Was shifted from fullback to wing as he was costing his team games due to his errors.
He debut for the Broncos in round 1 this year on the wing and made 4 handling errors.
Many of the Broncos fans have called it the worst Bronco debut ever.
Funnily enough it was Nathan Brown that called him the British Billy Slater.
He has been through 5 Super league clubs and been stuck playing in QLD Cup since.
He's actually playing this weekend for the Broncos.
If Eden does sign, the Knights will be over the cap for sure.
Surely you can't be under the cap with 2 Billy Slaters in the team lol

He is a fullback. He is not a winger or a centre. That is all that needs to be said. Lions don't waste their time responding to the views of sheep. Thanks for the desperate attempt to troll though.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Geez, just when I was thinking about changing my sig, Brown decides to buy a woeful fullback and put Gags back to the centres.

Browny doesn't rate Dane as a fullback at all if he's going to replace him with a bloke who sounds like he'd fit into a bush footy side???

I really hope Gags is not Brown's idea for a long term fullback....

Ive never heard of this Greg Eden bloke, so i cant comment on him, but i hope we bring in SOMEONE!!!

(i am interested to see how Mamo goes this week, but of the current team, Ross is the guy id want at the back)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/9a8dc18d4cee37dca15fb3a097d3a4c5

1qaz. Just for you. Kind of contradicts you in the way you lambasted his QLD Cup form, but who is really surprised. Not the use of the word outstanding season by Badel. 17 tries in 22 games is hardly a bad effort. Only you know why you react the way you do. It is sad. Really sad. I see a fullback. You see a winger. Learn to accept others views. The minute anyone dares suggest your precious Dane is under threat at fullback you lose it. All i said is he may move. Never said it was set in stone. Truth be told I believe Eden will go back to the UK.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
“He just had that error in him,” Seagulls coach Jon Buchanan said.
“When he made one, then two or three would follow.

“He is a confidence player. He needed to think more positively.

“We played him on the wing for most of the year and people thought I should have played him at fullback, but I felt he just had that error in him that can cost a game. He also won us games through his own brilliance.
Hmm, sounds like our current fullback :sarcasm:

A guy who is 27 next year may not be the answer to our fullback problems, but then again neither is the guy who turns 26 next year and is stinking it up for us at the moment. But you wouldn't know anything about how badly he's been playing for us, would you? After all, you don't watch knights games at all, do you? All your information must come second hand, which means it's obviously skewed to be in Danes favour. In other words, you have NFI

K-Man

Bench
Hmm, sounds like our current fullback :sarcasm:

A guy who is 27 next year may not be the answer to our fullback problems, but then again neither is the guy who turns 26 next year and is stinking it up for us at the moment. But you wouldn't know anything about how badly he's been playing for us, would you? After all, you don't watch knights games at all, do you? All your information must come second hand, which means it's obviously skewed to be in Danes favour. In other words, you have NFI

Has 1qaz ever acknowledged this or definitively answered if he watches Knights games or not? Or if he's really Dane's cousin or not? I thought maybe I'd missed it.

If not then I have to hand it to you 1qaz, you possess politician-like ability to deflect a highly relevant question.

Obviously you do watch Knights games, but why not just admit that you lied?

Spot On

Coach
C'mon fellas, I've been asking those exact questions for 12 months. He's dodged them each and every time. If you haven't noticed, another user by the name Turton Road will show up shortly to deflect even further. Or maybe this time, after pointing this out, he won't.

I'm looking forward to watching Gags next Wednesday night. Another stellar performance on the wing should see him move to that position for his club side - permanently.;-)

Jono078

Referee
Anyone else pissed that the Broncos are favorites to sign Chris Grevsmuhl? Like how the actual f**k do they have money to sign all these players that have been released..

Spot On

Coach
Ha yeah, then we'll have over a million dollars tied up in our wingers. Joy.

Oh well, you can't have them play any where else. Just have to suck it up till the contract ends and hope Brown is smart enough to buy players who can defend. A prerequisite for playing rugby league at the highest level and being paid a half million dollars or more from the club's salary cap.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
As far as I know he went to Penrith nearly 2 weeks ago. Where did your read about the Broncs? That's what happens when you have in excess of over 2 million in TPA $$$. Pretty much buy who you want.

Latest posts