What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

League guru

Juniors
It's a hard market at the moment because the Dolphins will throw around all the cash they have a drive up prices. Also, can't blame any Queenslander choosing WB and the new franchise over us.
The Dolphins aren't the ones paying overs. Look at you blokes talking about signing a player in Nanai who, has played 4 games at 500k a season. Newcastle will be the ones paying overs for Ponga, not the Dolphins. All the Dolphins need to do is mention a player and their current clubs get frightened.

Burwood

Bench
The Dolphins aren't the ones paying overs. Look at you blokes talking about signing a player in Nanai who, has played 4 games at 500k a season. Newcastle will be the ones paying overs for Ponga, not the Dolphins. All the Dolphins need to do is mention a player and their current clubs get frightened.

Back in 2016 a lot of Cowboys supporters also called a $600,000/yr contract for a certain fullback with only 2 NRL games experience as overs.

League guru

Juniors
Back in 2016 a lot of Cowboys supporters also called a $600,000/yr contract for a certain fullback with only 2 NRL games experience as overs.
Was a lot in 2016 and still a lot today. What have the Knights achieved since he arrived. Plus you'll pay twice that to keep him. And as Joey reminds us, you already have Tex Hoy.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Was a lot in 2016 and still a lot today. What have the Knights achieved since he arrived. Plus you'll pay twice that to keep him. And as Joey reminds us, you already have Tex Hoy.
He got us off the bottom of the ladder and into the finals back to back which is something. We’re not a premiership threat yet but I’m much happier with where we’re at now than where we were before KP came to the club that’s for sure.

ryan.a87

Juniors
He got us off the bottom of the ladder and into the finals back to back which is something. We’re not a premiership threat yet but I’m much happier with where we’re at now than where we were before KP came to the club that’s for sure.

clarkey posted our team from 5 years ago and it was literally so depressing

Silent Knight

First Grade
I've noticed there's a lot of resentment from fans of clubs that we leapfrogged after making a few astute signings and started making the finals. I think in their warped minds they would have preferred if we remained at rock bottom because that is what we deserve, despite having the most loyal fanbase in the NRL. And that their team deserves to be in the finals and enjoy success, not us. I still remember the likes of JT and Paul Gallen warning players not to risk their careers by signing with the Knights.

I don't get the hate considering during the 90s and early 00s we were a lot of people's second favourite team, but the hate is there. You just need to see the social media pages where people delight in the prospect of us falling apart again because Pearce left, or Kalyn is going to the Dolphins, or Brailey got injured. They want us to fail.

KP made me proud to be a Knights fan again. Now we just need to hang onto him long term, and put a team around him that can challenge for a premiership. We're not there yet, but we're in a much better place with KP in the team.

Its weird, especially from the NQ fan base

I mean. aside from KP, who have we recruited from them that they really wanted to keep? Most wanted Clifford gone and Im very doubtful any of them even knew who Tuala was when he left.

I guess when youre going as bad as they are right now you look for any thing to blame

aqua_duck

Coach
I remember asking the question when it was first mentioned we were after a backrower from the cowboys. Nanai did seem to have a higher ceiling IMO.
Nanai is almost 2 years younger as well. Luki is a big, tall, fast athlete but Nanai seems to have abit footy in him in terms of footwork, offloads, etc

I've noticed there's a lot of resentment from fans of clubs that we leapfrogged after making a few astute signings and started making the finals. I think in their warped minds they would have preferred if we remained at rock bottom because that is what we deserve, despite having the most loyal fanbase in the NRL. And that their team deserves to be in the finals and enjoy success, not us. I still remember the likes of JT and Paul Gallen warning players not to risk their careers by signing with the Knights.

I don't get the hate considering during the 90s and early 00s we were a lot of people's second favourite team, but the hate is there. You just need to see the social media pages where people delight in the prospect of us falling apart again because Pearce left, or Kalyn is going to the Dolphins, or Brailey got injured. They want us to fail.

KP made me proud to be a Knights fan again. Now we just need to hang onto him long term, and put a team around him that can challenge for a premiership. We're not there yet, but we're in a much better place with KP in the team.
Its the Johns factor. Both the brothers use their media platforms to show bias towards the Knights, and KP, over and over, it becomes nauseating. I personally feel a little this way (about the constant Knights love) but I dont hate the Knights like others have started to. I see it for what it is.
Lets face it, the brothers are two of the biggest, if not THE biggest, media personalities going around.
Dont take it to heart
I forgot, it did start with the Tinkler saga.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Its the Johns factor. Both the brothers use their media platforms to show bias towards the Knights, and KP, over and over, it becomes nauseating. I personally feel a little this way (about the constant Knights love) but I dont hate the Knights like others have started to. I see it for what it is.
Lets face it, the brothers are two of the biggest, if not THE biggest, media personalities going around.
Dont take it to heart

True. Same as a lot of Newcastle supporters can’t stand Cronulla because of Gallen running his mouth off about the club and players years ago.

True. Same as a lot of Newcastle supporters can’t stand Cronulla because of Gallen running his mouth off about the club and players years ago.
100%, I know a fair few Sharks supporters who dont like him as well. It happens. And I do remember him saying that about your club, it was a bit silly. I think it was just after you guys bought Ramien and thats Gal's mature way of showing hurt.

Burwood

Bench
100%, I know a fair few Sharks supporters who dont like him as well. It happens. And I do remember him saying that about your club, it was a bit silly. I think it was just after you guys bought Ramien and thats Gal's mature way of showing hurt.

It was two years earlier back in 2016 after beating us 62-0. At the time he had one of the worst origin records, had achieved absolutely nothing at club level plus the whole drugs issue was still fresh- he hadn’t really earned the right to be slagging off others.

Bit different if it were coming from a Cameron Smith type player, although they are usually a bit more diplomatic in their responses.

It was two years earlier back in 2016 after beating us 62-0. At the time he had one of the worst origin records, had achieved absolutely nothing at club level plus the whole drugs issue was still fresh- he hadn’t really earned the right to be slagging off others.

Bit different if it were coming from a Cameron Smith type player, although they are usually a bit more diplomatic in their responses.
Like I said, he isnt liked by some Sharks supporters as well, for a reason. What a stupid thing to say after winning like that.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Dont take it to heart

I can understand how the Ponga love-in (I’m not denying it) would be extremely irritating for the other club supporters, especially the Cowboys fans. But you’re right in that we shouldn’t be hated for that, it’s what the media does and it’s completely out of our hands. The same thing happened when Joey was playing.

I loathed the Sharks while Gallen was playing. After that 62-0 loss while Gal was slagging us off in the press conference I said to myself “I’ll remember that one day if we rise and the Sharks fall”. I know some of our players feel that way as well, they love beating the Sharks.

But I can’t really hate the Sharks that much now that loudmouth Gal is gone, and that smug hack Townsend is going to fail in NQ. Some of your players seem like decent blokes, Blake Brailey, Will Kennedy, Ronaldo Mulitalo (does a lot of charity work) and your forward pack hits hard but plays fair. I loved that game against you at Redcliffe last year. What a physical game that was, both teams really went at each other. It was a classic rugby league game.

I can understand how the Ponga love-in (I’m not denying it) would be extremely irritating for the other club supporters, especially the Cowboys fans. But you’re right in that we shouldn’t be hated for that, it’s what the media does and it’s completely out of our hands. The same thing happened when Joey was playing.

I loathed the Sharks while Gallen was playing. After that 62-0 loss while Gal was slagging us off in the press conference I said to myself “I’ll remember that one day if we rise and the Sharks fall”. I know some of our players feel that way as well, they love beating the Sharks.

But I can’t really hate the Sharks that much now that loudmouth Gal is gone, and that smug hack Townsend is going to fail in NQ. Some of your players seem like decent blokes, Blake Brailey, Will Kennedy, Ronaldo Mulitalo (does a lot of charity work) and your forward pack hits hard but plays fair. I loved that game against you at Redcliffe last year. What a physical game that was, both teams really went at each other. It was a classic rugby league game.
You know the one thing that I remember about that game (the big loss), it was seeing Gagai break down after as his mother, I think, had just died. It was heart breaking.
Matt Johns ripped our club apart when he organised that episode in NZ in 2002. Make no mistake about it, it was his doing. I have talked extensively about it with a player who was there.
I have no time for him, and absolutely no respect for him.
I've often said of my soft spot for the Knights, dad from Stocko. You are one of the few clubs I watch besides the Sharks. Braileys dad is heavily involved with our junior set up, I hope the kid brings you guys through.
Get prepared to laugh at the Cow supporters this year with Chad at the helm. Join us as we are already pissing ourselves!

Latest posts