What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Johns Magic

Referee
Crossland is depth at best at this point but doesn't seem like the club has any belief in him as a half and is no guarantee to even be here next season. Clune was literally signed to back-up Pearce. Whatever plans they had for Hodgson are on hold until he can stay on the field.

If they're at the club and there's players being picked ahead of them - they're depth

What are you talking about sorry?

League guru

Juniors
Crossland is depth at best at this point but doesn't seem like the club has any belief in him as a half and is no guarantee to even be here next season. Clune was literally signed to back-up Pearce. Whatever plans they had for Hodgson are on hold until he can stay on the field.

If they're at the club and there's players being picked ahead of them - they're depth
I don't see Tex Hoy mentioned in the equation. Joey says he can play. In Joey we trust?

Johns Magic

Referee
Well it would be between Ponga vs Hodgson for the #1 jersey, so whoever gets a better pre-season beep test score gets the nod, I guess.

Yeah a big happy family. Hodgson will be calling all his superstar buds asking them to join the club he is planning to leave.

Burwood

Bench
You'd think that Pryce would be getting plenty of ideas about Newcastle with Danny Levi, Jake Wardle (Joe's younger brother), Jack Cogger and Luke Yates in the Huddersfield squad. They even have some hooker named Adam O'Brien in the team. :D

Jono078

Referee
I'm good with that. Minimum level contract and provides depth or may even be a key later in the season.

For someone who's always had their commitment level questioned, that is my big concern with him just being here on a stop-gap contract. Maybe Joey gets the best out of him.

Pros:
We get a FG ready half for minimum cost.
We can add some much needed experience to the spine

Cons:
We get a player with low confidence who wont be here beyond 2022.
We risk having an outside player come into a group whos done a whole preseason together and it getting players offside if hes given a free ride into a 1st grade jersey

If he signs im hoping for the best but absolutely expecting the worst

ryan.a87

Juniors
take it with a grain of salt

But NRL elite expert commentator Laurie Daley says Milford will be playing 14 for us.........I don't see the thinking behind this unless the plan is to move Mann into hooker when Milford comes on and he plays lock?

I only see him as a depth signing or a 80min 5/8 to partner Clifford if Clune doesn't work out

PhilGould

Bench
The article indicates he won't be available to play until round 5 so I doubt he goes straight into first grade unless injuries have already struck.

Old dog

Juniors
Best thing is it will give us options and he might put in big time after getting a scare he might not play again or earn the big money 2023 might bring.
Like to see him play 6, reserves to start, should be training with us as soon as can, needed a player in the halves especially with experience

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
At $150K and 1 year it seems like a good deal. There’s always the risk with any player that they won’t meet their potential due to injury/form/attitude etc but I expect he’ll be pretty motivated given he’s probably playing for his future in the NRL. Either way the possible reward for the club is worth the risk imo.

Ideally we start him in reserve grade and he has to earn a call up to the NRL team. He could play 5/8 at a pinch and would be a handy fullback replacement if Ponga goes down and Hodgson isn’t ready to play yet. He definitely wouldn’t be any worse than Hoy as a backup.

Latest posts