What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Matterson is an unabashed mercenary who has followed the money at every turn in his career. Toohey suggested he was after $800k during the week but I doubt any team will give that to a 28-year old who's never played rep footy or won a comp. Still won't be cheap especially if multiple teams want him.

Good player though, would be a big upgrade on Barnett.
Funny you should say that as he's just been picked in the NSW squad

PhilGould

Bench
Forgot he was still a Rooster then but only played a bit role off the bench, wasn’t a key player like he’s become since

Yosh

Coach
What type of player is Elliot? Is he a clear upgrade over what we have? Or is he the same crap different smell type of player.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What type of player is Elliot? Is he a clear upgrade over what we have? Or is he the same crap different smell type of player.
Debatable whether he’s an upgrade on Barnett but I imagine we’d be paying less for him anyway. Although this young English second rower we’re trying to get for next year probably would be.

Although Elliott is definitely an upgrade on Fitz and Jones so I think overall its an improvement for our squad.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/raiders/adam-elliott/

His average win percentage at the Dogs was 31% and currently at the Raiders its 36% so will fit in spendidly - we defo know how to choose the winners.

Knights will be his 3rd club in 112 NRL games as a 27yr old ( will be 28 when he arrives )

In summary same dog different haircut to the nuffies we already have.

PhilGould

Bench
Pretty average utility forward but he at least has some footwork and a pass/offload. An upgrade on Jones, Johns, Fitzgibbon. I would say he's a similar level to Barnett but I've never been a Barnett fan.

Would like it more if he was a replacement for Mann, but if it keeps Millie Boyle around longer it's fine I guess.

Elliott is not an aggressive middle like Barnett but he has a good footy brain and is a grafter. Has also shown some adaptability by playing very well at dummy half for the Raiders this year so he adds to our very thin options there.

As has been pointed out he is a better depth option than Jones and Crossland

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
The fact we actually signed a genuine first grader is something. Not exciting, but not our standard no one else wants him signing.

Adam Elliott on the bench is not scary. He always has a go. Looked like he would be a good player 5 years ago, just played in a crap team then got a few injuries. There is still time for him to play some good footy.

PhilGould

Bench
Completely different players and roles. Hetherington is the one they'll want to replace Barnett's aggression/brainfarts.

Latest posts