What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
Ese is good
Dan is good
Guerra and Frisby will do a job.
Lotto prop and Jacob?

I guess the master plan will be to avoid any injuries or suspensions.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think we will are looking at being in deep shit again re props. Can anyone see us getting 2 or 3 decent big men before next season?

There are none available so I don't see us getting any names. Need to be inventive, take a few punts and get the Saifitis to pull their f**king finger out. Gloves need to come off with those 2.

Spot On

Coach
1 prop won't do the job unless the contracted bunch somehow improve out of sight and never get injured.

I think history shows us that rarely happens at Newy.

Hit and Spin

Juniors
1 prop won't do the job unless the contracted bunch somehow improve out of sight and never get injured.

I think history shows us that rarely happens at Newy.
I cant see any way out of our mess unless we pay overs for guys like TPJ and Marty Tapau. If we can land them plus a bit more depth in halves assuming we will lose Cogger and Lamb we go close to being more competitive. Guys like Ross, Sio, Buhrer, Heighnington, Lillyman should all be moved on and with that space it should free up some cash to do much better with our current batch of fringe players.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
While Tapau, TPJ or Klemmer would be the dream I would take just about any prop with first grade experience at this point just to strengthen the squad and give us some depth in that position. Surely there’s a couple of guys out there who fits that description and is looking for an opportunity.

Hit and Spin

Juniors
While Tapau, TPJ or Klemmer would be the dream I would take just about any prop with first grade experience at this point just to strengthen the squad and give us some depth in that position. Surely there’s a couple of guys out there who fits that description and is looking for an opportunity.
I just don't get how the current batch of players can be so soft and roll over like they did in the second half to the Bulldogs when they had so much to prove. How can having Pearce and Ponga in the team make such a difference ? Clearly there are guys in the team, who are just followers and are incapable of wanting to be game changers of their own accord. Instead of off these Conditioners and Wrestle Coaches maybe its time for Motivational Speakers to be used more widely in our dressing room to bring out The Beast }

Knight Vision

First Grade
I just don't get how the current batch of players can be so soft and roll over like they did in the second half to the Bulldogs when they had so much to prove. How can having Pearce and Ponga in the team make such a difference ? Clearly there are guys in the team, who are just followers and are incapable of wanting to be game changers of their own accord. Instead of off these Conditioners and Wrestle Coaches maybe its time for Motivational Speakers to be used more widely in our dressing room to bring out The Beast }
They defo need a huge dose of aggro pills, no doubt. If not we are currently looking towards more of the same in 2019.

Yosh

Coach
We still have plenty of space under the cap right? I'd easily pay 150% what other teams are offer to land either TPJ or Tapau. What's the point of keeping empty cap space and keep collecting wooden spoons?

Woosh

Head Moderator
We can keep on talking about needing props but the best recuiment Brown can make is sign someone that can coach defense.
Obviously Brown has no idea how to.
We are conceding 27 points a game this season the exact same as last year.
What an absolute embarrassment

Haffa

We can keep on talking about needing props but the best recuiment Brown can make is sign someone that can coach defense.
Obviously Brown has no idea how to.
We are conceding 27 points a game this season the exact same as last year.
What an absolute embarrassment
Brown coaches the Knights not the Broncos.

Dave_

Juniors
We still have plenty of space under the cap right? I'd easily pay 150% what other teams are offer to land either TPJ or Tapau. What's the point of keeping empty cap space and keep collecting wooden spoons?
Absolutely. We simply MUST throw big overs to both TPJ and Tapau to land them both. If they're all we get for next year, so what. Why are we not throwing the bank at both?

Just fu**ing make it happen

Swarzey

Bench
We can't help influences beyond the club's control. Sometimes, money isn't enough to convince a player to make the move. We could throw the bank at TPJ, every cent left, but it's beyond our control if he wants to be coached by Bennett and remain in Brisbane. Again, like Tim Grant. He had a chance to return to Penrith and he took it, we couldn't control that. But there's two sides to the coin, like while I believe money was a big reason why we landed Pearce, I also believe the opportunity to escape Sydney and the nature of the place influenced him choosing us over Cronulla.

And Tapau, can we please move on from this idea that he's a realistic signing at the moment? He's under contract until the end of next year and all that ever existed on that front is media speculation that he wasn't happy at Manly which was MONTHS ago. Nothing has come out about him moving since. The club - like probably every other club - has kept their eye on the situation but that's all they can do. They can't open negotiations, they can't table an offer, they can't do anything. Don't build up this expectations that we're on some sort of clock to sign him for next year; you're only going to be disappointed when he's still at Manly.

Next year we can be aggressive in signing him. If things change, then I'm sure the club is prepared. It goes for any forward. Look at the Klemmer situation, he's saying he'll leave Belmore if he has to but we can't convince him to because he's still under contract, only when he's free to negotiate for next year can we do so. You can look at any forward that has some sort of speculation around them but all the club can do is prepare to strike first and strike better than anyone else.