What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

blaza88z

Coach
Zero interest. But thanks. Amazing how he lives rent free in the heads of Broncos fans. Siebs was no less or more successful than anyone not named Bennett.

The same way you blokes feel about Bennett I would assume, sent the club spiralling into the depths of hell, your club is only just now recovering from it. Coaches who leave your club in a mess like that don't tend to be forgotten about easily.

Seibold is Matt Elliot v2.0, great tactician but shit at managing men.

Jono078

Referee
The same way you blokes feel about Bennett I would assume, sent the club spiralling into the depths of hell, your club is only just now recovering from it. Coaches who leave your club in a mess like that don't tend to be forgotten about easily.

Seibold is Matt Elliot v2.0, great tactician but shit at managing men.
Sounds like his current role of assistant/defensive coach is perfect then.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Whoosh has a problem with Siebs? Siebold has turned our defence around. Only thing I care about. Clearly the man can coach.

I don’t have an issue with Seibold.
I’m just pointing out his time at the Broncos he was only interested in recruiting players who he has previously worked with at the Storm.
This Lodge signing has Seibs hands all over it.
Why are the Knights offering Mann a new contact when you got Watson?
Let me have a think.
Ohhhh that’s right Mann played in the same NYC team with Lodge at the Storm.
Who was the the coach of the NYC team?
Hmmm
Seems to me Seibs is in charge of recruiting.

PhilGould

Bench
Definitely the guy working 3 days a week at the club making all the recruitment decisions, probably just a coincidence they all share the same manager I'm sure.

PhilGould

Bench
While you're here Woosh what happened to your man Tanah Boyd? You were very confident he was going to be the next big thing

perverse

Referee
Nah they tried just as hard against the cowboys. And we scored one more try against the cows too. Biggest difference was we didn't have a mummified Blake green and rookie centre letting in 5 tries on an edge.
Not having a 5/8th with total dick fingers probably had a hand in it too.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Any updates on Gagai? He has approached the club himself I read. This while Souths and Broncos are still reportedly trying to sign him. If that is fact then perhaps we are getting a player who genuinely wants to be here.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Could be in the Knights best interest that he does test the market..

So basically we offered a really basic/low 2 year contract. Seems like good management. He is barely NRL stardard so doesn't deserve a hefty pay check but it's only 2 years so if he plays out of his skin, he can earn a good contract.

Burwood

Bench
From memory, Fitzgibbon’s last contract was signed when he was seen as “a future origin rep”. If that’s the case, he should be seeing a substantial downgrade this time around.

Jono078

Referee
We should be asking Fitzgibbon to move on and go after Capewell again.
I really rate Capewell, but surely he’d be asking for Frizzel like money now?
From memory, Fitzgibbon’s last contract was signed when he was seen as “a future origin rep”. If that’s the case, he should be seeing a substantial downgrade this time around.
So what’s his status now? Certainly not future rep player. Just average back rower? What is everyone comfortable with paying Fitzgibbkn if he is re-signed at all? I’d be disappointed if he were in any more than 250k. Would rather use that to throw at a youngster and take a gamble.

macavity

Referee

So what’s his status now? Certainly not future rep player. Just average back rower? What is everyone comfortable with paying Fitzgibbkn if he is re-signed at all? I’d be disappointed if he were in any more than 250k. Would rather use that to throw at a youngster and take a gamble.

He doesn't need the money, offer him minimum.

perverse

Referee
He doesn't need the money, offer him minimum.
I really can't conceive of another team offering him more than that, to be honest. Personally I'd be freeing the roster spot, regardless of price... but you could probably justify running him around in NSW cup on minimum wage in case of injuries.

aqua_duck

Coach

To compare it in NIB membership tiers, he's gone from a silver tier that was looking at potentially being gold tier to basics cover minus the dental

aqua_duck

Coach
The edge backrower I'd be going after is Fletcher Baker from the roosters, only 21-22 years old, big and mobile and a local kid (Muswellbrook) to boot.