What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Telegraph is now saying Scott Drinkwater is the target to replace Pearce with "unofficial" talks happening behind the scenes. Says Cows would be reluctant to release him but they do have depth in the halves/fullback, and they may ask for an experienced forward in return.

:thinking:

Mann has a wealth of experience. He could play lock, and shift JT into the front row where he belongs.

Jono078

Referee
Who do people like more out of Brooks and Drinkwater?

I actually think Brooks sounds like a better fit but Drinkwater has plenty of good in him.. Plenty of bad too.

Burwood

Bench
Who do people like more out of Brooks and Drinkwater?

I actually think Brooks sounds like a better fit but Drinkwater has plenty of good in him.. Plenty of bad too.

Could also be a decision of who plays fullback and who plays 5/8 with him and Ponga.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Are you able to share the article?
Telegraph is now saying Scott Drinkwater is the target to replace Pearce with "unofficial" talks happening behind the scenes. Says Cows would be reluctant to release him but they do have depth in the halves/fullback, and they may ask for an experienced forward in return.
We were already talking to Drinkwater. Rothfield recycles old news.
Newy Herald article just now stating club denies any approach or consideration of signing Luke Brooks.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Drinkwater certainly has points in him but his defence has been a concern thus far. He and Clifford had started playing some really good football together right before Clifford got released, which is a plus. He also has the added utility value, can play 1, 6, 7 and probably centre or lock at a pinch. Has kicked goals too.

Ignoring salaries I would have Brooks ahead of him, but Drinkwater would be cheaper/safer, and definitely an upgrade on Crossland or Clune.

Old dog

Juniors
My choices in order Brooks, Clune, Crosslands, Drinkwater.
Brooks is better and most experienced, think Clune is ok and has some experience, Crossland has potential and Drinkwater I don’t like

SamSepi0l

Juniors
My choices in order Brooks, Clune, Crosslands, Drinkwater.
Brooks is better and most experienced, think Clune is ok and has some experience, Crossland has potential and Drinkwater I don’t like
This is the correct order. Though I think there's nothing separating Clune/Crossland.

Jono078

Referee
f**k that. Better not be any conflict of interest now. We know Johns’ bias toward Hoy. I wanted him focusing on Clifford mostly!

Edit: and just like that our roster is full? What happened to the back rower were meant to sign?

ryana87

Juniors
f**k that. Better not be any conflict of interest now. We know Johns’ bias toward Hoy. I wanted him focusing on Clifford mostly!

Edit: and just like that our roster is full? What happened to the back rower were meant to sign?
I guess they will use Pearce's spot now that our halves will be the premiership winning combo of Hoy and Clifford