What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
If we get him on 500k then the club deserves to get another wooden spoon.

Look at Croker, on bare minimum and he is performing solidly. I'd rather keep Jirah or Saulo on bare minimum and use the remainder elsewhere.

At first I thought Hetherington would be near bargain basement and AOB was trying to do some money ball shit or follow Bellamy's lead in signing unwanted players and get them to perform above expectations here. But 500k would be madness. It doesn't fit a need, nor is it money well spent.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Lol Mann was never on 550k, it was 350k for that first deal.
if you say so and are quite certain,

I thought I read in a twiiter thread from Barry Toohey when asked why it was taking so long to re-sign Mann - I'll paraphrase "" becuase he is one of the Knights highest paid players, around 550K per season""

Hetherington is a penalty and judiciary magnet however he is an exceptional athlete and that is exactly what we need

Now saying that he is not worth anything over $300k and from what I've heard that is what the club has offered so I'm ok with it

Jono078

Referee
Hetherington is a penalty and judiciary magnet however he is an exceptional athlete and that is exactly what we need

Now saying that he is not worth anything over $300k and from what I've heard that is what the club has offered so I'm ok with it
Where did you hear this?

I would be OK with that.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I think Hethrington’s biggest selling point is his agro.

The issue I have is that neither Saifiti can do that when they are big “intimidating” bastards

Old dog

Juniors
Aggression is what our pack is lacking except for Klem and Barnett so anyone in that mode will be good, controlled aggression that is.

Jono078

Referee
What’s with these Qld targets of ours signing one year extensions…….probably just want to get dolphins to stop pestering them
It's really odd.. Gotta be backing themselves to get better deals next year? Or hope they have word the cap will go up a bit..

perverse

Referee
What’s with these Qld targets of ours signing one year extensions…….probably just want to get dolphins to stop pestering them
It's really odd.. Gotta be backing themselves to get better deals next year? Or hope they have word the cap will go up a bit..
We're targeting young kids on the rise. They are backing themselves to get a bigger deal in 12 months, simple as that as far as I can see.

Knight Tales

Juniors
We're targeting young kids on the rise. They are backing themselves to get a bigger deal in 12 months, simple as that as far as I can see.
Exactly. It is a smart move by them and their managers. We’ll see more of it. What is encouraging though is we seem to often be the final club they decide between before staying and going. Dolphins seem to be a very difficult sell. Broncos rise has been times to perfection. It has really thrown a grenade into the Dolphins bunker.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Bulldogs enforcer Jack Hetherington is hot property following the departure of Trent Barrett.

The Canterbury-Bankstown club are set for a huge clear-out, with players who signed to play under Barrett seeking a move away from the struggling side.

Brent Naden was the first to go, and now Hetherington is being heavily pursued by multiple clubs, with the Newcastle Knights tabling an offer.
The 25-year-old enforcer is contracted until the end of the 2023 season, but has a mutual option for the final year, meaning he can walk away at the end of the 2022 season.

“The Knights are chasing, is it good news if they sign Jack Hetherington from the Bulldogs?” Andrew Voss asked in SEN 1170 Breakfast.
“Not as yet, I expect them to forward a three-year deal for Jack Hetherington the Newcastle Knights, they want to stiffen up their (forward) pack,” The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio said.
Michael Maguire’s Tigers released prop Thomas Mikaele to join the Super League, which could potentially free up cash to make a play for the tough backrower.

“That’ll free up some salary cap room, they had been in discussions with Angus Crichton, but I believe that’s going south due to the asking price of Crichton.

“Hetherington at the Tigers might just start to fit into their cap space.

“They might have to come knowing the Knights are prepared to offer three years.

“Watch this space with the Knights and Tigers around Jack Hetherington

perverse

Referee
Herald saying 3 years well over a million dollars. Lol.
Ugh I mean... going off media reporting... that could be anything between 350k and 500k a year. 350k would be a bit overs you'd think... but not drastically or negligently. Much more than that and you're getting into eyebrow raising territory.

Latest posts