What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Juniors
2-year deal for Tyson Gamble being announced tomorrow according to Ben Dobbin on Triple M
With all due respect Dobbin is notoriously poor with mail. This is the man who said Hook was a done deal here only for him never to have actually got an interview. Browny got the gig.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I feel like Gamble will at least bring some competitiveness and fire that we clearly are missing. Gamble isn't the most skilled or fluid player but he brings a certain mentality that's similar to Josh Reynolds back in his bulldogs days.
Yeah I can see the appeal in that. Currently none of our squad really have it, or at least they don’t display it on field. We need someone who can get into the game and lift others around them to do the same thing.

Old dog

Juniors
Wouldnt matter who we signed in the 6 or 7 I am not a happy Chappy, may as well signed a young potential and given him his head for a season, “sink or swim son”

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah I can see the appeal in that. Currently none of our squad really have it, or at least they don’t display it on field. We need someone who can get into the game and lift others around them to do the same thing.
all season we've questioned the commitment and desire of this team, I feel like Gamble is someone who win, lose or draw we will never have to question his commitment. Worse comes to worse he'll make a good back up

PhilGould

Bench
Article in the Newcastle Herald says Phoenix Crossland has had interest from other clubs, and he himself says he would have to consider leaving if another team offers a more permanent role in the halves, but the article says he is "understood to be close to re-signing."

I take no joy out of relaying this information.

Jono078

Referee
So AOB has not learnt a thing.

He re-signed a bunch of blokes last year who were lucky to be offered a contract and basically gave them a "one more chance" scenario.. All of them have been shitter than ever... So let's extend them for another year.

Honestly f**k this club. I've seen enough of Crossland to see he offers f**k all and will not be winning us any games.

EDIT: I wonder if AOB knows he's on the way out and this is his parting f**k you gift to us.

Does Gamble offer more than Milf is capable of?
We keep saying we wanted a half but really seem unclear as to what type of half we want - leader, organiser, runner, kicker... It's rare to get all of that in one half.

Who would you pair Gamble with, from current stocks, to balance him out?

I reckon we need an organiser who can take control and direct play.

Bartwah

Juniors
I’m a fan of the gamble signing, purely because we’ll have a player that will have a dig, and have a bit of Mongrel about him. Hetherington might spend more time at the judiciary, but he’s in the same vein. Hopefully a couple of the peahearts we currently have running around learn a thing or two

Both Gamble and Clune should be backup halves. I can see them as our starters next year.
In reality there are only half a dozen 7s and 6s that are genuine 1st grade quality getting around the comp right now, all of them are contracted for 2023. Even the best of the young fellas are locked up too

We need to accept that backups are what we are getting and hope we have the best ones available and that Ponga nd Brails can make up for the shortfall

Old dog

Juniors
Surely Crossland goes, Gamble along with moving Ponga to 6/7 covers Milf and Crossland with Clune and Clifford back up along with Mapapalangi to 6 if needed as we are strong, that’s numbers not talent, in centre/wing

Haffa

Why not go the Johns route with crossland and just give him a recurring one year player option deal. The fact he has more than doubled his total career appearances this season speaks volumes about the state of this club. Our famously low standards are below the line now.

Surely Crossland goes, Gamble along with moving Ponga to 6/7 covers Milf and Crossland with Clune and Clifford back up along with Mapapalangi to 6 if needed as we are strong, that’s numbers not talent, in centre/wing
Ponga is not going to 6 unless we bag a first grade quality fullback. Im not convinced Garrick is coming here and our other options are a rookie with a horrific injury record or a 19yo playing Flegg

PhilGould

Bench

This account has gotten a few things right in the past but plenty more wrong. Toohey saying it’s not true. Mole is saying Su’A has asked for a release to go back to QLD/Bennett at the Dolphins which seems more likely.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Gamble certainly has the attitude we need, not so sure about ability.

I do feel that Wests may have eased their “character” standards that were a feature of Gardner statements some years back.

In recent years, Knights targets (and signings) have included;

Matt Lodge - need I say more.
Anthony Milford - charges dropped, but under a cloud when signed.
Adam Elliott - team player.
Jack Hetherington - 1 in, 3 out.
Tyson Gamble - Headbutt worthy.

Got some issues, on and off field.

Not knocking playing abilty compared to the likes of 80% of our current squad, but they certainly have changed their tune.

Unless someone gobs off to a trainer. Then some Karen from HR is all over it.

Latest posts