What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Would love Tanah Boyd all things considered.

Our halves will be Mann/Clune with Crossland or Randall utility.

I'd love to ask AOB what he expects us to achieve next year and hear his honest answer.

We're battling for the spoon and I can't be convinced otherwise. Even if we're March premiers again.

Old School

Juniors
One thing about Boyd is he is aggressive not passive like a lot of our protected species, he goes hard at the line & can defend a bit also. Shows a bit of mongrel as well & can kick goals. Doesn't die wondering, I would rather that type of player than someone who turns it up as soon as the pressure is on. I have also been sucked in more times than I can remember by the hype & publicity surrounding a new player or coach we have signed over the years, the only one that more than lived up to it was Ben Kennedy. While most were abject failures in their own right, I do believe that some would have become half capable with some decent coaching & mentoring, not the colouring by numbers style of coaching that we have seen in recent history.

Robin

Juniors
There’s a couple of quotes from Clifford in the Hull press release where is throwing shade at knights in a non subtle way

“I look foward to feeling wanted” things along those lines
FC players are well known for their love of the night clubs and pubs so he will soon get the feeling of being wanted.

for the next round

Has way more upside than the other 3. Is actually a capable playmaker. He’s better than Sexton as well.
Way more is a fair exaggeration mate. Hes a fringe 1st grade half at best, just like our current options

What is it with Newcastle and looking at halves from the worst teams in the comp, fair dinkum

Not sure how that’s relevant. We could be looking at Johns from the Storm.
Thats true but the best teams generally have the best depth in the key positions. Going after depth players at bottom 4 teams is playing the very low percentages

Cooper is a bit of an outlier tbh. I couldnt grasp why Bellamy kept him around for so long when it was clear as day he wasnt anything but a reserve grader. Now hes gone and there doesnt even appear to be anyone interested, even us, in the NRL at least. Speaks volumes

macavity

Referee
Thats true but the best teams generally have the best depth in the key positions. Going after depth players at bottom 4 teams is playing the very low percentages

Cooper is a bit of an outlier tbh. I couldnt grasp why Bellamy kept him around for so long when it was clear as day he wasnt anything but a reserve grader. Now hes gone and there doesnt even appear to be anyone interested, even us, in the NRL at least. Speaks volumes

unfortunately we aren’t exactly flush with options.

our slated starting 7 is a depth player.

unless we can pry someone out of the ESL, we need to look for a diamond in the rough. Boyd has at least shown something at NRL level.

Bdubs

Juniors
Maybe the quality is less sure but they are still the best options we had. Now we have lesser players moving up the order and even less depth now. Clearing roster spots is pointless if we dont fill them with better quality than we let go
clearing the roster spots is exactly what we need to do. What's the point having players here that offer nothing except to take up a roster spot. Then everyone gets on here and complains about how crap said player is, but god forbid we have an opportunity to offload the player and then everyone wants to keep the player because what's left is worse. Change needs to happen.

We all agree we need to fix the roster, to do that we need to create roster spots. Sometimes creating the roster spots will mean getting rid of players who are better than what we have left. Its a process that i'm confident Parr is all over

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got

Trust the process

clearing the roster spots is exactly what we need to do. What's the point having players here that offer nothing except to take up a roster spot. Then everyone gets on here and complains about how crap said player is, but god forbid we have an opportunity to offload the player and then everyone wants to keep the player because what's left is worse. Change needs to happen.

We all agree we need to fix the roster, to do that we need to create roster spots. Sometimes creating the roster spots will mean getting rid of players who are better than what we have left. Its a process that i'm confident Parr is all over

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got

Trust the process
Mate i dont disagree with moving on players to clear space for better ones at all

I do though have no faith that the club will get better players to fill those spots, and that is my issue

I have no trust in the Knights process because its been buggered for ages now and we've seen this all before

unless we can pry someone out of the ESL, we need to look for a diamond in the rough. Boyd has at least shown something at NRL level.
Same can be said about Clune and Clifford tbh

If we get Boyd here we are taking a sideways step imo. He doesnt improve our squad aside from maybe adding depth

Bdubs

Juniors
Mate i dont disagree with moving on players to clear space for better ones at all

I do though have no faith that the club will get better players to fill those spots, and that is my issue

I have no trust in the Knights process because its been buggered for ages now and we've seen this all before
fair point, i just think having Parr here makes it different this time around. He knows what to do to build a roster.

I may be putting too much faith in Parr, but i think he will get it sorted, it just may not happen for 23. There really isn't much available for us for next year, but if we can get our salary cap in a better position for 24, then we can hit the market

mozza91

Coach
Way more is a fair exaggeration mate. Hes a fringe 1st grade half at best, just like our current options

What is it with Newcastle and looking at halves from the worst teams in the comp, fair dinkum
He has talent. Clune, Crossland and Gamble don’t.

Agree with 2nd paragraph. The Tigers and the Titans aren’t exactly the cream of the crop. There’s f**k all available though.

Jono078

Referee
I think we need to accept we are going through a rebuild or remodeling. 2023 is a write off to clear the decks and start fresh from head coach down

Apey

Staff member
Can we rebuild elsewhere so I don't renew and attend most of our home games again this season? Wish I could apply for a leave of absence without losing my seat because that's what I mostly care about. I feel like next year is going to be absolutely dire.

Latest posts