What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

perverse

Referee
I mainly remember 2014 as the year McKinnon had his injury. But totally forgot about Mullo being injured too. Everything went to shit that year.

The Tinkler era was basically one half decent year where we caught fire just at the right time and went on a nice little run to a prelim. But outside of that 2012 and 2014 were both pretty disappointing and the 3 years after that were disastrous and we still haven’t recovered as a club and it feels like we’re just constantly rebuilding.
We've been rebuilding since 2007.

Knight Tales

Bench
Apparently Dragons are chasing RCG, D Saf and Holmes according to Mick Caryannis. Ravalawa free to look around along with Bird and Lawrie. I’d be very tempted to get Bird and Rava if Dragons pay main freight next season and see where it ends up. Bird in the 6 with Jacko may just motivate Jacko to find another level. They are great mates. It might centre Jackson once and for all.
Injury risk yes, but we have to be competitive next year to start to become a place people want to be again. Rava and Gags would be a handful on the right.

Yosh

Coach
Apparently Dragons are chasing RCG, D Saf and Holmes according to Mick Caryannis. Ravalawa free to look around along with Bird and Lawrie. I’d be very tempted to get Bird and Rava if Dragons pay main freight next season and see where it ends up. Bird in the 6 with Jacko may just motivate Jacko to find another level. They are great mates. It might centre Jackson once and for all.
Injury risk yes, but we have to be competitive next year to start to become a place people want to be again. Rava and Gags would be a handful on the right.

What you want is sort of exactly the opposite of what I want.

I hate Bird. Last thing I want to see at the Knights is him and Hastings taking up 1.5m of the cap and taking the piss every week. Then spending their week posting on Instagram together.

Rava is worse than Marzhew. Much rather see Schiller or Sharpe play wing on that side.

I want to see us sign professionals who want to win premierships. Had enough nuffies for a whole life time and more being a Knights fan.

Knight Tales

Bench
What you want is sort of exactly the opposite of what I want.

I hate Bird. Last thing I want to see at the Knights is him and Hastings taking up 1.5m of the cap and taking the piss every week. Then spending their week posting on Instagram together.

Rava is worse than Marzhew. Much rather see Schiller or Sharpe play wing on that side.

I want to see us sign professionals who want to win premierships. Had enough nuffies for a whole life time and more being a Knights fan.
It was more a case of gap filler for a year without fully tanking another season. If we get Pezet and another outside back with good yardage ability neither is necessary. But next season is looking dire until we hear otherwise. I do have great faith in O’Sullivan. He will fix this mess but we may have to wear the short term pain first. Pretty much what we are accustomed to.

mozza91

Coach
I’d approach Jack Bird, give him every indication that we want to sign him on a good deal, keep him waiting a few weeks and then tell him to f**k off.
Let the bitch know how it feels from the other side. f**k Jack Bird!

Sadly, the days are very much gone where players genuinely played for whom they are representing. I'm not going to say "Back in my day...", but when I was growing up, players played for Newcastle, Brisbane, Parramatta, ect. These days the players play for the Knights who just happen to play home games in Newcastle, the Broncos who happen to be based in Brisbane, ect.

I know it was a golden moment in time, forever in the past, but look at the 1997 team as an example. Most were from the Hunter, so they passionately represented their people on the national stage. They played for their region and the fans. Most of the 'we play for the fans' talk these days is purely aesthetic. Because it looks good.
this is why I'm a huge fan of what the Panthers have done. Developed young boys into high quality NRL men, (May family aside),

Local boys playing together in front of family. Yes money talks but 4 GF appearances is a great run.

Compare that to the likes of the Rooster mercenaries that should be leading the comp and winning it every year but their heart just isnt there.

Woody90

Juniors
this is why I'm a huge fan of what the Panthers have done. Developed young boys into high quality NRL men, (May family aside),

Local boys playing together in front of family. Yes money talks but 4 GF appearances is a great run.

Compare that to the likes of the Rooster mercenaries that should be leading the comp and winning it every year but their heart just isnt there.

I agree with your general point, but a lot of that current Panthers squad are complete dickheads. Talented ones though yes.

If your point though is that they’re more committed to the cause because they’ve grown up at the club and care more than than say the Roosters players who are brought together for money then I completely agree.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The Penrith system is absolutely what we should be trying to achieve. Their success comes from within, and because they’re so successful they can practically sign whoever they want (If they need to) because players know that if they go there they have a legit shot at winning the comp every year.

Those guys may come across as dickheads but quite often that’s what winning teams look like, and you usually need some arrogance to win consistently like they do, and you sort of earn the right to be arrogant in a way.

Honestly, the Knights come across as a bunch of nice guys way too often. It’s like we’re just there to make teams like Penrith look good, which I’m sure is what will happen tomorrow. Even if we play well we’re still likely to be beaten comfortably and the coach will say how “brave” and “tough” we were in defeat. But none of that means anything really because we’ve heard that so many times. This club needs to develop a winning mentality from the ground up. Once they get onto the field, Penrith will do anything to win, and they will make you play top football until the 80th minute (or beyond) to beat them.

Jeez I envy Panthers fans, like how good must it be to turn up every week literally knowing you’re team will win, and if they don’t then it’s still going to be one hell of a fight. On the other hand we turn up and literally know that on any given day we could lose to any other team in the comp, and even a hopelessly out of form Broncos team that’s lost 6 on the trot is every chance of beating us at home.

Honestly I have no idea whether we are ever going to get that winning feeling again as a fan base. The way we played in the back end of last year was the closest thing we’ve had to that in a long time and it was wonderful but unfortunately fleeting.

Latest posts