What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
Where are you hearing this?

It's outrageous if true. It would signal that he's happier to play reserve grade stuck behind The NZ halfback and the Australian 5/8th (at the very least) for the next 2 years (minimum) rather than even entertain an offer to play first grade for us pretty much immediately.

God that's grim if there's any truth to it.
I saw it on Instagram lol. Apparently the Storm are grooming him to take over from Munster? I reckon he will get plenty of games off the bench and cover for injuries throughout the season.

If I was a young half I'd probably choose to stay and learn at the Storm for two years over going to a crappy team who is midtable at best one one injury away from a wooden spoon every year.

perverse

Referee
I saw it on Instagram lol. Apparently the Storm are grooming him to take over from Munster? I reckon he will get plenty of games off the bench and cover for injuries throughout the season.

If I was a young half I'd probably choose to stay and learn at the Storm for two years over going to a crappy team who is midtable at best one one injury away from a wooden spoon every year.
If they have time for him on the field, I suppose sure.

Doesn't say much about our chances to ever compete for a premiership again though. Can't even entice a guy that's stuck behind 3 other blokes that still have plenty of years ahead of them.

slotmachine

First Grade
It's a Brent Read article. Says the storm have a three year extension on the table, Pezet doesn't want to leave and there might be a clause that if Hughes extends past 2026 Pezet could leave.

Apey

Staff member
Well I wouldn't want to leave the Storm either. But I guess it depends how long he wants to wait for his shot. Hughes and Munster are both 30. Munster looks on the decline to me but he's contracted until the end of 2027 and that's obviously the 5/8 position.

perverse

Referee
Well I wouldn't want to leave the Storm either. But I guess it depends how long he wants to wait for his shot. Hughes and Munster are both 30. Munster looks on the decline to me but he's contracted until the end of 2027 and that's obviously the 5/8 position.
He won't get a shot at a full time gig until 2027 if he stays - at the earliest.
It's a Brent Read article. Says the storm have a three year extension on the table, Pezet doesn't want to leave and there might be a clause that if Hughes extends past 2026 Pezet could leave.
Depressing, but he hasn't signed it yet. Who knows what games his management (Bwaif) are playing. I guess we'll see what happens.

It's remarkable that some clubs manage to just keep a hold of these kids when they're ready for first grade and hold them back for years until they're ready to use them. Penrith managed the same with Jarome Luai. Meanwhile kids we develop that are still underdone can't wait to run off to another club. The gap between the haves and the have-nots in the NRL continues to widen, and has done for decades. It's hard to ever see our path out of it tbh.

Apey

Staff member
He won't get a shot at a full time gig until 2027 if he stays - at the earliest.

Depressing, but he hasn't signed it yet. Who knows what games his management (Bwaif) are playing. I guess we'll see what happens.

It's remarkable that some clubs manage to just keep a hold of these kids when they're ready for first grade and hold them back for years until they're ready to use them. Penrith managed the same with Jarome Luai. Meanwhile kids we develop that are still underdone can't wait to run off to another club. The gap between the haves and the have-nots in the NRL continues to widen, and has done for decades. It's hard to ever see our path out of it tbh.
He'd be 1 year older than Hughes was when he started playing for Melbourne. I'd be surprised if he does stay because it's a long time and he could be getting more money elsewhere and have a starting spot much earlier.

Still, wait a few years behind Hughes & Munster in the Storm culture and get developed by Bellamy (for however much longer) isn't exactly a hard sell either.

Woody90

Juniors
Tbh I’d be more concerned if the Storm didn’t want to keep him so much. They’re benchmark for player identification so if they were happy to let him walk I’d be concerned. Even more of a compliment to him that fact that they’re offering him 3 years coming off an ACL.

Latest posts