What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I found an article stating he has been release from Widnes so I guess it all lines up

Hope he doesnt turn out to be another AK47. We could really use a good, young impact prop

aqua_duck

Coach
He was a decent prospect a few years back but from what I understand he had a bad shoulder injury and from what I've been told he lacked maturity

aqua_duck

Coach
Apparently according to the Broncos forum we've signed Mitchell Frei who's a very good young forward (can play prop or backrow), represented Qld in the under 20's origin this year and has had 3 years of NYC under his belt.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Frei is a good signing and Im sure most Broncos supporters are gonna be pissed about it.

He is a talented ball player, excellent defender and a goal kicker to boot. He spent this year with Norths in the QldCup and thrived imo. More of a backrower but he is a big boy and at his age (20yo) he could certainly move to the front row.

Im really surprised the Donkeys let him get away

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm really digging Bennett's approach. Sign up promising young forwards that he can mould into effective first graders and will follow his game plan.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Bennett can mould guys like Frei, Sims, McKinnon, Rochow, etc then it'll go a long way towards setting us up beyond his tenure. I think having people like Mason, Smith, and Scott around will do wonders for the young forwards

I'm really digging Bennett's approach. Sign up promising young forwards that he can mould into effective first graders and will follow his game plan.

Reminds me of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. Buys young talent for reasonable sums of money and turns them into players worth plenty more if they are good enough. Arsene Wenger is so astute about his managerial practices. Bennett is like that. U need complete faith in your ability to do it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Reminds me of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. Buys young talent for reasonable sums of money and turns them into players worth plenty more if they are good enough. Arsene Wenger is so astute about his managerial practices. Bennett is like that. U need complete faith in your ability to do it.

Except Wenger never wins anything these days

Big Pete

Referee
Frei is a good signing and I'm certainly filthy about losing another prospect we sunk a lot of time developing.

Mitchell has been apart of the Broncos system since he was at least 15 and was along with Korbin our most talked about junior in that age group. Injuries at 17 set his career back but he had enough raw talent to become a permanent part of the Broncos NYC side in just his rookie season.

In 2011, Frei delivered on his promise and delivered a genuinely good season of NYC football where he played in every match for the Broncos. What set Frei apart that season was a good balance between quality and quantity. He wasn't a player who'd only look good in the realm of fantasy football, he was making mature decisions in both attack & defence.

This year the Broncos revised their development policy and fast-tracked him, Maranta & Whitchurch into QCup. From what I understand, his career sort of stagnated this season which is why he was demoted back to the NYC around half-way through the year. Once back in NYC, he was posting the same numbers as he did in 2011 and as expected was one of the better players in the side but he wasn't exactly blitzing the competition.

I can see him becoming a good player in the long-haul. He isn't going to set the world on fire in his first season but his versatility in the pack will ensure that he's going to be valuable and take his fair share of the load. I'm filthy we've let him go in favour of Stagg, Slyney, Lui & Anderson so all I can do is hope that he relishes his opportunity at the Knights and goes onto become a handy Origin player.

He's not the only talented League player of the family either, he's got two younger brothers who may end up joining him down in Newcastle. Right now, I believe they're affiliated with Melbourne.

Yosh

Coach

I hope not... Arsenal haven't won jack in 7 years...

Rolla

Juniors
The Arsenal theory is much more useful/effective in sports where players are bought and sold and no salary cap exists. But i do like the idea of bringing in promising young talents nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.