What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I really don't want BJ Leilua here, he is a fairly average outside back who hasn't done anything memorable in any of the games I have seen him play. And he already seems to have a reputation as a walking headline with a bad attitude. I know that we have turned a couple of guys like that around this year (e.g. Mase and Dane G.) but both of them were worth the risk because they were players that we actually need in the team, we don't need Leilua.

Byron Knight

Juniors
Bit of an update on the Quinn situation. Looking at signing an incentive based deal. Just waiting for the cap to increase before it's official.

Good result too. He appears to have been told (or he is aware anyway) he is down the pecking order so having another experienced head around training hard to force their way into the team can't be a bad thing. Rate him or not, I don't see too many issues with this if it goes ahead as the article suggests.

ANTHONY Quinn will happily lend a hand to the club's established wingers and rising stars when he rejoins the Knights next season.
See your ad here

The veteran of 103 games for Newcastle and just as many for Melbourne is keen to force his way into first grade and extend his NRL career into a 12th season.
By mutual agreement, Quinn and the Knights are waiting for the NRL salary cap rise to be ratified before he signs an incentive-based contract for 2013.
But he completed the first block of pre-Christmas pre-season training and was one of a select group of players who took part in a two-day team-building bush camp in south-eastern Queensland last week.
"All indications are looking like I'll be at the Knights next year, and I'm keen to contribute in any way possible," Quinn said.
Coach Wayne Bennett signed veterans Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith and David Fa'alogo to give the Knights a harder edge, and Quinn is cut from the same cloth.
"I turn 30 next year so I'll fit into everyone else's age bracket then," said Quinn, who will be one of eight players aged 30 or older.
"But Wayne has indicated that age isn't a factor, especially with the people that he's brought to the team. Their ability to play football is what he's looking for.
"With those guys coming in, the experience they have brings a lot to the team.
"Except for myself, they have all been coached by Wayne before, and the rest of the team have all had a year of being coached by him.
"The main thing we're trying to reinforce is that we're all on the same page and we're all working together."
Though he acknowledged he would start behind Aku Uate and James McManus, who were still playing under-20s when he last played for the Knights in 2006, Quinn does not want to spend next season playing NSW Cup.
A calf injury sidelined him from Melbourne's 2012 finals campaign, but he has recovered from that and is no longer bothered by the neck injury that threatened to end his career three years ago.
See your ad here

"I still think I've got a lot to contribute to not only the Knights but the NRL," he said.
"If I can be a mentor and help any of the young kids out through the experience I've gained throughout my career, I'll definitely be doing that, but I'll also be trying to push to get into the top squad."

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1208510/veteran-quinn-happy-to-share-experience-at-knights/?cs=306

Bird would be a great acquisition. We are in with a real chance with Thurston as well i am hearing. He has shown more interest than they thought he might.

Silent Knight

First Grade
It would take a major re-shuffling of the decks to acquire Thurston. He's probably just using us as leverage to get a better contract at the Cowboys though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It will be a cold day in hell before we see JT pull on a Newcastle jersey, even with Wayne here and it would mean getting rid of too much of our current personnel for my liking.

He will re-sign with the Cowboys or go to the Broncos imo

There have been whispers of a hush hush aporoach to attempting to sign JT. I don't see him leaving NQ. He will be a Dad in June. I have read concerns about Him being 31 in 2014. Wayne has shown age means jack shit to him when he decides to sign a player. A million a year i do not see us parting with for one player though.

Rod

Bench
Interesting, I wonder where this leaves Kev. Other teams will be sniffing around him already you would think.

Spot On

Coach
Interesting, I wonder where this leaves Kev. Other teams will be sniffing around him already you would think.

A fair bit of action around rep time for him and any injuries of course but will that be enough to for him??? When's his contract up?

Rolla

Juniors
Great work from Jimmy to earn it, he has worked hard for it!

It will be disappointing if this spells the end of Kev's time here as i think he is a special player, and certainly too good to be not starting for a first grade team somewhere. It will be a shame if it isn't here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts