What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burwood

Bench
Wadells only here till June 30. Gower will be his replacement. Gowers 35 it wont impact Clydesdale at all.

So what's the go with Waddell? All the press mentioned that we signed him to a two-year contract. But then I hear that he is flown down from the QLD Cup or something to play for us?

slotmachine

First Grade
Old Wayne has finally woken up and realised Waddell is garbage.

Clydesdale can't play 80 minutes, Bedsy might have 3 games left in him, Gidley is made of glass, so fair enough signing IMO.

Might be Bedsy won't be back.

From the Knights Facebook page in response to a photo they posted with him on the field as trainer:

"Newcastle Knights: We have had a chat today to Danny about the experience - stay tuned for more!"

Last edited:

rnb11

Juniors
So what's the go with Waddell? All the press mentioned that we signed him to a two-year contract. But then I hear that he is flown down from the QLD Cup or something to play for us?

My understanding of it is that when Waddell signed, we only guaranteed him 2014 while he'd make himself available if we needed him for this season. So we can send him back to QLD Cup for the rest of this year but he'll be back next year as a full-time member of the squad, or we can activate some clause which keeps him here for the rest of this year as well as next but that decision has to be made by June 30.

rnb11

Juniors
Brett Keeble is saying it looks to be a done deal, announcement in the next day or 2. He's pretty reliable as much of a wanker he at times.

Rod

Bench
Even in his short time here Wayne has pulled off several masterstroke signings that a lot of people questioned at the time: Mason, Fa'alogo etc.

I don't understand why people blow up at these sorts of signings before we even know how he's going to be used. It's only until the end of the year and it's spare cap space, what's the harm? I think Bennett's track record with these sort of signings means he should at least be given the benefit of the doubt if in fact we do end up getting Gower.

rnb11

Juniors
Yeah, his manager has confirmed it too. Now just waiting for the Knights.

I don't know what's going to happen when Gids and Buderus are back together but that's not until at least 6-8 weeks away. I'm happy to see Gower and Clydsdale play together until Buderus returns and then decide who gets the bench spot out of the 2 until Gidley returns.

Just having him around the club will be a bonus no matter where he plays. Having someone with so much experience and leadership along with guys like Buderus and Gidley, Clydsdale and co could never dream of having such mentors around them.

Last edited:

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I like It! Great signing! Personally could be a season changer, I haven't seen him play since he left, but experience alone is worth while.

Anyone know how his fitness and talent is? Still up there?

Was a great player in his day, excellent hooker and an even better halfback.

No one here can really judge just yet because none of us know where the f**k he has been for the last 5 years.

Jono078

Referee
Full strength, does anyone see this;

1 Boyd
6 Mullen
7 Gower
9 Gidley & Buderus

? I wouldn't be all that surprised. But anyway, I love it as a short term signing and we'll see how it pans out towards the end of the season.

rnb11

Juniors
The uproar from the anti-Bennett fans will be out of control if Roberts is dropped for Gower lol

Looking at that spine, it does look good but only if Gower can come back and perform otherwise I'd prefer for him to just be a replacement hooker for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts