What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full strength, does anyone see this;

1 Boyd
6 Mullen
7 Gower
9 Gidley & Buderus

? I wouldn't be all that surprised. But anyway, I love it as a short term signing and we'll see how it pans out towards the end of the season.

No

Full strength would be this

1. Boyd
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
9. Buderus

14. Gidley (c)

However if gower could regain his form from 2003-2007 then he would be a good option, but at 35, and having been playing union and also in an inferior league comp, i am willing to bet he will be as good as matt orford was when he returned

Frederick

Staff member
With gower joining us we could possibly have the most experienced team in the history of rugby league :lol:

perverse

Referee
Eh, we have absolutely nothing to lose with the signing. Will be interesting to see how Wayne intends to use him. Certainly a lot of old timers in the squad now, lol.

Nuffy

Bench
Does anyone else think that this is a bad sign for Bedsy, maybe he is struggling to come back.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect that after being out of the NRL for so long, he will struggle big time.

Really strange call.

Swarzey

Bench
I'm 50/50 on this. On one hand, he'll bring in the structure we lack taking pressure off Mullen and allowing him to run the ball much more which really tore the opposition in his early years of first grade. On the other hand, he's 35 and while I don't believe age is an issue, it's the amount of time he's spent outside of the NRL that really does make me wonder how effective he'll be for the rest of the season.

If he smoothly returns to the game in great form, then I have no doubts he'll be an incredible asset for the team.

Gowie has a superb passing and kicking game. He just needs to do that and run when it is on and we get quality all the way. 35 is not old. Sick of hearing it. He is fit. If we got this and next year from him we are laughing. He will be dirt cheap too.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Gowie has a superb passing and kicking game. He just needs to do that and run when it is on and we get quality all the way. 35 is not old. Sick of hearing it. He is fit. If we got this and next year from him we are laughing. He will be dirt cheap too.

Does anybody know how he has been for the Broncos this season?

Does anybody know how he has been for the Broncos this season?

Everything the Broncos do is off the back of Gower. He is still class. Jason Smith like. Doesn't overplay his hand but makes the right play when it is on. If he was halfback I think we would create plenty of chances. Tyrone needs to really get more involved. Don't really want to see him lose his spot but maybe Bennett is thinking Mullo needs the playmaking pressure taken off him. Who knows.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Certainly a lot of old timers in the squad now, lol.

knightsz.png

rnb11

Juniors
Originally yeah but the last I heard was they're likely to give him until after the bye and come back against the Titans at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts