What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
Least we linked to players I've actually heard of. Normally we chasing guys noone has ever heard of...

Apey

Staff member
I agree with Perverse as far as Snowden goes.

Call me crazy but Boyd would be pretty low on my priority signings... not because I don't rate him highly as a player, I certainly do, but because we have way bigger problems than our spine... put it this way, if we manage to snag Snowden, Green & Hoppa Jr (or some form of a centre), not a single shit would be given by me about Boyd.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'd rather get Boyd and Snowden; not really fussed about anyone else ...

RABK

Referee
We should run a challenge - guess how many dollars in talent we'll be linked to by the end of 2015.

I'll say 7.5 Million. This thread will be 130 pages long.

Big Tim

First Grade
all i want is Kade. if we miss out on Kade then i don't think any other signing will possibly make up for the disappointment. they'll take the edge off, sure, but Kade is the one i think would have the biggest impact on our game. we just don't have anyone that is in the same galaxy in his role at the club.

i feel so strongly about it that i would happily take no other signings if we got Kade.

does anyone want to contemplate the thought that we miss out on all these blokes? i must admit, i expected a deal to close by now.

Boyd is priority for me.

As far as "game-winning" talent goes, Boyd has more in his little finger than Kade. Kade is on his way to being the best forward in League, but the Sharks have "the best Front Row" in football, and look at where they are.

Add to that, we have Bennett coming on board, we do not NEED a 5 star prop. WB could make me a SOO prop if he wanted.

Guys like Boyd dont come along very often. We will forever regret missing out on him if he ends up at the Titans.

CLARIFICATION: The above in no way implies that I am against signing Kade Snowden, quite the opposite in fact. But a Front rower isnt going to win you a competition on his own.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Agreed on all fronts tim. To get both would be a tremendous result.

Question - if SBW wants back into the NRL after the RWC is he a viable target for our new owners? Do you think we'll chase the real big names if available? I mean to chase Snowden/Boyd is big but players like Falou or SBW are something else.

Alex28

Coach
...the Titans will get Boyd (do they even have a cap up there)
They were suggesting today that they don't have cap available for Myles at $300K a year. Not quite sure where they are fitting Boyd on that basis.

RABK

Referee
And whilst you're on here what about making serc a mod matt? I don't think pumba is around much and sercs always posting articles. Just a suggestion.

Serc

First Grade
Its funny that since Pumba announced that he was sorta back about a month ago, I've been busy and haven't been posting as much stuff (and hoping that he would fill the breach)...but I promise I will be back to my best form soon :p

Edit: Actually ended up sitting next to Pumba during our first home game a few weeks ago, had a yarn about a few things, including all that...we're both pretty happy with whoever wants to do whatever, he said to me that I could officially take over his mantle but I said its still his title if he wants it! lol

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
And whilst you're on here what about making serc a mod matt? I don't think pumba is around much and sercs always posting articles. Just a suggestion.
Coby's the man to talk to about that, but your right there he would make a good mod, as would a few other's here.

Jono078

Referee
Id love to have SBW here. Not only did I consider him the best and most dominant forward, he compared to halfbacks as far as what he was doing for the Bulldogs when he played.

But I think that's in a reality very far away lol.

Johns Magic

Referee
SBW is my favourite athlete.

Slater a close second, no one else comes close(Johns of course retired).

perverse

Referee
Boyd is priority for me.

As far as "game-winning" talent goes, Boyd has more in his little finger than Kade. Kade is on his way to being the best forward in League, but the Sharks have "the best Front Row" in football, and look at where they are.

Add to that, we have Bennett coming on board, we do not NEED a 5 star prop. WB could make me a SOO prop if he wanted.

Guys like Boyd dont come along very often. We will forever regret missing out on him if he ends up at the Titans.

CLARIFICATION: The above in no way implies that I am against signing Kade Snowden, quite the opposite in fact. But a Front rower isnt going to win you a competition on his own.
all fair points, there is a good chance Bennett can find cheaper options to do the job up front, or make more of our own options. they obviously wouldn't be as incredible as Snowy, but honest toilers no doubt. there's a good chance we could pocket the Boyd money and Bennett might make a Boyd out of one of the talents we have now. the truth is that we can sort of answer anything with "Bennett waves his magic wand". it's almost our new deus ex machina for premiership success... except it's probably not that contrived, because we know he's going to do it in at least some areas. i didn't think i would be before we signed him, but i'm a little concerned about the expectation around Bennett - my own included. the higher the expectation, the further the fall.

still, i expect us to be competing for the trophy within the next year or 2. i trust Bennett, but i'm wary. there's something about things being too good to be true at the moment... but Bennett will need to bring some troops with him. i'll be pretty bloody disappointed if we end up with a bunch of fringeys like every other year. i'm sure Bennett will be able to get value out of them, but geez it'd have to be a bit of a failure if we don't get a big name this time. i'd still take Snowy first, i'm a big believer in having a big, strong pack of forwards that does plenty of work on both sides of the ball... and i'd probably set aside a big paycheque for at least one of them. i also think our roster can compete for premierships without Boyd, but not without a strengthening of the pack. all of this, and of course i just really want Snowy home. i honestly can't see him being anything less than the prop of the current generation that's starting to blossom, and he should be playing at home.

Last edited:
I will take kade for 2012 and dugan in 2013 as he is only contracted till next season. Dugan is the talent of his generation. He will be nsw fullback and is arguably better than boyd when fit. Can't call it but Dugan has a bit more steel in his game. Darius is starting to wear thin with his ongoing delays in announcing his plans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.