What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
I reckon they'll get another club in NZ before we can pick any of them up. They are producing way too much talent for one club for one country.

Adsy

Juniors
There is a tiny little tid bit at the bottom of a DT article about Robert Lui that says we could fit Carney in our 2012 on match payments with a back loaded contract. I know it's probably DT bullcrap filler but you never know....

anyone know how long johnsons contract at the warriors is, next time hes free should throw evrything at him, guys gonna be a superstar.

This line gets touted atleast 4 times a week about 4 different, clubs would embarrass themselves if they did this.

Under Bennett after his record of manufactoring halves @ the Dragons I sincerely doubt we'll be throwing massive dollars @ any halves.

Noname36

First Grade
There is a tiny little tid bit at the bottom of a DT article about Robert Lui that says we could fit Carney in our 2012 on match payments with a back loaded contract. I know it's probably DT bullcrap filler but you never know....

We won't sign another half, although if I had the choice between both dickheads I'd take Carney over Lui. I'd say there's a huge chance that our spine next year will be:

1. Boyd
6. Mullen
7. Gidley
9. Buderus

Unless I guess we moved Gids to hooker:

1. Boyd
6. Carney
7. Mullen
9. Gidley

14. Buderus

That looks really good actually, and I think Gids/Buderus could cause the most damage out of dummyhalf. Bennett isn't against having 2 smaller men on the bench either (I.e. Bedsy + Waltzing). We've seen it at Saints a lot. Hilder could be our utility + lock/second row replacement. I can see Edwards starting at lock, but because he doesn't play a lot of minutes, Hilder could come on for him. Then we could move Eddy into the forwards rotation to offer some impact later on.

It's all just speculation anyway. We won't sign Carney.

Alex28

Coach
Carney would be a great addition and would probably win us a premiership, however I can't see it happening...

Todd drinks and basically acts like a tool when on the grog. Lui I would not touch with a barge pole as he has twiced crossed a line you just do not cross if you consider yourself a man.

Sean18

Juniors
I can't see Todd coming here which is a shame because the only coach that could help him is probably Bennett. Does anyone know if we are still a chance of signing Cuthbertson since we signed Bedsy?

Yosh

Coach
I don't see why the love for Carney... He might win games but can ruin whole seasons... Could ruin our dynasty... Why take the risk?

Nuffy

Bench
Put it this way, if Carney comes here, and I think its unlikely, Bennett will not put up with the sort of s*it that he's got away with.

Also I suspect that Carney also knows hes pretty much out of chances and the next club he goes to will likely be his last if he plays up again.

The two things in our favour; Bennett and it seems favourite tattoo parlour.

billy2

Juniors
Garbutt could develop into something good B2?
I said we should give him a pre-season last year, and i said it again this year.
He is a naturally huge unit the same age as Joel Edwards.
It takes huge guys till they are at least 23 before they develop stamina.
He is the same weight as Parsons, and if he gets a firstgrade preparation he could be anything.

Garbutt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts