What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot On

Coach
Be careful there. 2 of those 3 players were involved in coast blokes star studded 2011 team.......... :roll:

....but, but Coasty kept saying that people with a better idea on league who use another site where saying that those blokes were the pick of the 2011 squad. Now they aren't even part of the 2012 squad. Who's right here?

Silent Knight

First Grade
....but, but Coasty kept saying that people with a better idea on league who use another site where saying that those blokes were the pick of the 2011 squad. Now they aren't even part of the 2012 squad. Who's right here?

Speaking of that "other site". I found a LOL@50uff$ thread over there the other day but one of the douchebag "mods" decided to ban all reference to LOL@50uff$ and spoke ill of us here at LU. What a w*nker.

Sean18

Juniors
Speaking of that "other site". I found a LOL@50uff$ thread over there the other day but one of the douchebag "mods" decided to ban all reference to LOL@50uff$ and spoke ill of us here at LU. What a w*nker.

I saw that. What kind of dickhead doesn't like to have a LOL@50uff$ and bans any mention of it. He has serious problems.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I really enjoy both forums tbh. Both have a different feel about them which I like. It would be cool if both could get along, but I guess to many bridges have been burnt in the past for that to happen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Every time Ive been over there it always remindes me of this

HKDL_its_a_small_world_performance_CRD.JPG

billy2

Juniors
The other forum has a young and enthusiastic moderating crew that really work hard to make sure all topics are covered, but they also make the mistake, IMO, of being too much of forum nazis to kill off all controvery.

This forum has a much more Laissez faire moderating style, which i shouldn't complain about, because i argued long and loud when the forum was being set up for just such a style (along with all the 'founders', who were all in broad agreeance), but i do feel you need moderators with a strong moral compass for this to work, and there are a bloody lot of things that go on here now that are very far from the original concept. Some things are frankly appalling.

otori

Juniors
Their forum is useless if you're looking for news and opinions. Living outside the Hunter, I like coming here to chat with fellow fans and get articles from the Newie herald.

Sean18

Juniors
Like billy said the mods over there are forum nazis. If you don't have the same opinion as the mods then you are an outcast.

Also Shannon McDonnell is expected to sign with Hull KR.

Last edited:

Perth Knights

Juniors
Also Shannon McDonnell is expected to sign with Hull KR.

Another nuffy bites the dust!!! McDonnell Signs with Hull KR

"Full-back Shannon McDonnell will be new Hull KR coach Craig Sandercock’s first signing, the Mail can reveal.

The 24-year-old was released by Newcastle Knights at the end of the season and will pen a deal with KR in the coming days.

The news comes after confirmation of the signing of Crusaders hooker Lincoln Withers, while the capture of Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop Micky Paea is expected in the coming days.

McDonnell is the first player to have been identified and signed by Sandercock, with the pair having worked together at the Knights for the past two seasons.

A shoulder injury limited McDonnell’s involvement this season as he battled with Kurt Gidley for the number one shirt. But he now looks set to compete with fellow new signing Misi Taulapapa, another former NRL player who is joining KR from Sheffield Eagles, for the position left vacant by Shaun Briscoe’s departure.

McDonnell was born in Sydney but holds a British passport, meaning he will not count on the Robins’ overseas quota.

With more than 60 NRL first-grade appearances, he is versatile and can play on the wing or at centre.
"

Good signing for an ESL club. Will go well in a substandard comp against relatively poor defences, and not counting as an import is a massive bonus.

RHCP

Bench
Maybe it'll be another Dureau/roopy situation with Coasty trying to say 'I was right all along!!' after Shannon makes the SL Dream Team for 2012.

billy2

Juniors
Players like Shannon are a dime a dozen in the ESL.
He has the same skillset as half the backs they already have.
Being just under NRL standard, he will probably be a regular ESL player, but it's a poor use of his salary cap by Sandercock, unless he got him real cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts