What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serc

First Grade
lol well in all seriousness I doubt he'll have the same effect on the ESL as Dureau (and even that surprised me a little)

billy2

Juniors
lol well in all seriousness I doubt he'll have the same effect on the ESL as Dureau (and even that surprised me a little)
If you put the illogical hate aside for a while, you will be able to see that Dureau has studied for years under the best halfback coaches in the world, starting with the same people who taught the Johns brothers as a 16 year old, going on to do more time with Johns than any other young halfback and finally getting to work with Dunneman, who was an NRL and ESL halfback for 15 years at 7 different clubs and learnt everything there is to know from the best coaches in the business. He is also a very bright boy who took all of it in.
He is taking things to the ESL that are cutting edge by any standard you want to apply.

Shannon is just an undersized back who can spot a gap - just like every second player in the ESL.

Shannon has more in common with Ben Cross, who went over there with no skills other than ones they already have plenty of, and sank without a trace - although Shannon is young and probably has several years of mediocraty ahead of him.

Players like Shannon are a dime a dozen in the ESL.
He has the same skillset as half the backs they already have.
Being just under NRL standard, he will probably be a regular ESL player, but it's a poor use of his salary cap by Sandercock, unless he got him real cheap.

Can anyone else imagine how Billy would explode in his pants over Shannon if he was a Newie Junior?

billy2

Juniors
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/sam-anderson-in-demand/2308908.aspx

Article says Wayne Bennett has phoned Sam Anderson and promised him a spot in the firstgrade training squad if he stays with the club - but just as importantly, it's also the first report we have seen saying Rod Mason is in the senior squad next year.
He is a guy who should blossom under Bennett. Best game I ever saw from him was an 80 minute effort for the Centurions that got him back into the NYC squad the next week, and he is one of the few guys in our NYC team that looked strong enough against the Warriors. He is more at home against the seniors than he is in the juniors, and a good off season with the firstgrade squad could see him make huge strides.
Article also seems to imply that Robbie Rochow could play prop. I've never seen him play prop, but he's big enough and has a big enough motor.

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
To complicate things with Anderson, he will soon be a tradesman in the coal mines. He will take a huge paycut to play lower grades. If he doesn't see a firstgrade future, he'd be better off playing for Kurri and working in the mines.

billy2

Juniors
So has anyone tried to put together a list of our training squad?

daine Laurie
Sam Anderson
Rodney Mason
Ethan Cook look to be in

aqua_duck

Coach
To complicate things with Anderson, he will soon be a tradesman in the coal mines. He will take a huge paycut to play lower grades. If he doesn't see a firstgrade future, he'd be better off playing for Kurri and working in the mines.

Yeh but it's a risk vs reward scenario, he'll lose a few dollars but the lifestyle is more rewarding and besides in 10 years time he'll be able to say he was coached by Bennett

Big Tim

First Grade
Yeh but it's a risk vs reward scenario, he'll lose a few dollars but the lifestyle is more rewarding and besides in 10 years time he'll be able to say he was coached by Bennett

Whilst living in a caravan in Kurri........

He would be giving up a lot of short term $$ for a chance at being a grade footballer.

Big call when there are no guarantees.

Its not as if he has been guaranteed a top 25 contract.

Alex28

Coach
Let's hope that Hasler leaves Manly and one of the players of the 6 that have get-out clauses is Foran or Cherry-Evans. Great games today by both of them. Would be great to get a gun half and rip Manly apart in the one movement!

88.Knights

Juniors
anyone know how long johnsons contract at the warriors is, next time hes free should throw evrything at him, guys gonna be a superstar.

Rusty

Juniors
I know Maloney's contracts up next season but he's 25.

What about Carlos Tuimavave? He's gun.

The kid who won the Jack Gibson medal for the baby warriors is worth a look. Man they are loaded with talent. It is only a matter of when for that club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts