What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
This was just posted in the nrl rumoured signings thread
"Key sources telling me Chris Houston -> Penrith Panthers, 3 year deal."
Yeah, just posted my thoughts on this in the 2013/2014 team thread. Long story short, it would be the right decision to let him go provided we are filling the gap with something worthwhile.

First Grade
Yeah, just posted my thoughts on this in the 2013/2014 team thread. Long story short, it would be the right decision to let him go provided we are filling the gap with something worthwhile.

I know what you mean, House is another like faas that are a fan favourite but has been struggling lately.

Rod

Bench
I would be sad to see how House go, mainly because he always has a go and covers up a lot of our crap around the ruck (and also doesn't seem to get injured, touchwood). He obviously doesn't provide a lot with ball in hand though, and with Scott incoming perhaps they are just too similar.

RABK

Referee
Put it this way. Houston went from very deep in negotiations and close to resigning with us to to very close to signing with Penrith within a week. What changed in the last week? That's if the Houston to Penrith mail is right because last i heard Houston was next to be resigned after Willies stitched up.

perverse

Referee
Put it this way. Houston went from very deep in negotiations and close to resigning with us to to very close to signing with Penrith within a week. What changed in the last week? That's if the Houston to Penrith mail is right because last i heard Houston was next to be resigned after Willies stitched up.
indeed, i was under the impression that things were almost sorted with House to re-sign, too.

Nuffy

Bench
I nearly fell out of my chair! Woo Hoo if true!

I wouldn't be doing hand stands just yet, who exactly are we replacing him with?

We are moving a lot of blokes on currently, we've signed a singe replacement and our juniors aren't exactly demanding to be promoted.

I'm all for moving blokes on to improve the roster but there hasn't been any thing of the sort yet.

Bicey_18

Bench
I wouldn't be doing hand stands just yet, who exactly are we replacing him with?

We are moving a lot of blokes on currently, we've signed a singe replacement and our juniors aren't exactly demanding to be promoted.

I'm all for moving blokes on to improve the roster but there hasn't been any thing of the sort yet.

Mr negativity rears his head once again...

If this is true in regards to Houston leaving then obviously Bennett has a suitable replacement lined up.

K-Man

Bench
If Houston does leave I'd say it will be because he's a victim of circumstance rather than because Bennett doesn't rate him or wouldn't want him.

Two reasons make this a potentially good move:

1. We don't have other explosive backrowers that make Houston at lock a solid balance for the team. Scott, Costigan, Edwards, McKinnon reaching potential - it needs more size and power.

2. The signing of someone better or more suitable. While I hope it's Lewis, there must be others out there who would fill the role required in our forward pack as well. But please let it be Lewis.

Bicey_18

Bench
NEWCASTLE has expressed an interest in Australian international forward Luke Lewis for season 2013.

Lewis, who began the year as captain of Penrith, shocked the League world on Monday after requesting a release from his contract with two years remaining.
The Panthers granted his request with Lewis a free agent at the end of the season.
Already his manager Greg Willett has fielded interest from every NRL club except the Dragons, Broncos, Roosters and Cowboys.
Bennett, a fan of Lewis, is in search of adding size to his pack and in need of an inspirational type player like Lewis.
Bennett coached Lewis in the NRL All Stars match last year and told Knights Insider that Lewis is the type of player he is hoping to recruit to the club.
“I rate him very highly as a player and as a person,” Bennett said.
“If he is on the market and that is the type of player we are looking for then obviously we would explore that option if that is what we wanted to do.”
The Knights have a host of players off contract at the end of the year including Willie Mason, Joel Edwards, Chris Houston and Evarn Tuimavave while the Knights are attempting to offload Junior Sa’u and Wes Naiqama.
Having recruited Mason and centre Dane Gagai mid-year and Beau Scott for next season, the Knights have been relatively quiet in the market for 2013.
“It is a process and we can’t make any announcements until we have the deals done and see what we have got,” Bennett said.
“There is certainly a lot going on behind the scenes.”

Sports news first

Last edited:
Luke Lewis has certainly changed the game for House. It would be ludicrous if they let Luke go and Houston is his replacement. They also have recruited pretty solidly for 2013. If Sau, wes and House all go i reckon we are as big a chance as anyone of signing Lewis.

NEWCASTLE has expressed an interest in Australian international forward Luke Lewis for season 2013.

Lewis, who began the year as captain of Penrith, shocked the League world on Monday after requesting a release from his contract with two years remaining.
The Panthers granted his request with Lewis a free agent at the end of the season.
Already his manager Greg Willett has fielded interest from every NRL club except the Dragons, Broncos, Roosters and Cowboys.
Bennett, a fan of Lewis, is in search of adding size to his pack and in need of an inspirational type player like Lewis.
Bennett coached Lewis in the NRL All Stars match last year and told Knights Insider that Lewis is the type of player he is hoping to recruit to the club.
?I rate him very highly as a player and as a person,? Bennett said.
?If he is on the market and that is the type of player we are looking for then obviously we would explore that option if that is what we wanted to do.?
The Knights have a host of players off contract at the end of the year including Willie Mason, Joel Edwards, Chris Houston and Evarn Tuimavave while the Knights are attempting to offload Junior Sa?u and Wes Naiqama.
Having recruited Mason and centre Dane Gagai mid-year and Beau Scott for next season, the Knights have been relatively quiet in the market for 2013.
?It is a process and we can?t make any announcements until we have the deals done and see what we have got,? Bennett said.
?There is certainly a lot going on behind the scenes.?

Sports news first
Wayne must rate his chances.

K-Man

Bench
?It is a process and we can?t make any announcements until we have the deals done and see what we have got,? Bennett said.
?There is certainly a lot going on behind the scenes.?

Sports news first

These words are music to my ears. Even just hearing that from Wayne gives me more confidence than I had about 2 minutes earlier.

You know what else is jizzworthy? Not only the fact that we would have a backline with Scott and Lewis, but can you imagine the potential of guys like Mckinnon, Odonnell and Sims with a full off season training alongside these guys? Not to mention the confidence it will give the young blokes.

All our gun young forwards will feed off guys like Mason, Scott and Lewis. They can show them the way.

RHCP

Bench
I'm going to try not to get too far ahead of myself yet. We're a chance but so are many other clubs.

It's good news that Shane Flanagan says Jeremy Smith is going nowhere. The Sharks were frontrunners but that certainly limits the amount they have to spend. It's not as if they need another second rower either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts