What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
I think White_Knight was talking about Gagai. Hard to tell given that you both phrased your sentences vaguely.

perverse

Referee
it's hardly classic Knights, either. classic Knights would be to cop it in the papers and do little or nothing about it whatsoever.

RABK

Referee
classic knights, well hagan era knights, would be to sign someone like isaac gordon, not a future supertar like Gagai.

aqua_duck

Coach
Chris Houston, Sam Anderson, Danny Buderus, Ethan Cook, Marvin Filipo, Daine Laurie, Rodney Mason, Willie Mason, Robbie Rochow, Mark Wade, Chris Adams, Joel Edwards, Richie Fa'aoso, Siuatonga Likiliki, Kevin Naiqama, Kyle O'Donnell, Evarn Tuimavave

That is a list of our off-contracts. I can't see too many aside from House and Willie, if he wants to stay, earning another run. Bedsy of course, too.

I'd keep Filipo, Cook, Rod Mason and Liki for minimum wage contracts.
Definitely need to re-sign Willie and maybe House

Footin mouth

Juniors
I have been watching NSW cup all year and I must say Ethan Cook and Robbie Rochow has my picks to sign. Filipo and Likiliki defence is a bit of a worry. Young Mitch Williams has been playing good along with Josh Mantellato (leading points scorer at the moment in NSW cup) both players are part timers but both deserve a contract in my opinion. Sam Anderson should be signed up again. Anyway thats my two bob's worth.

Nuffy

Bench
It was said tonight that Sam Kasiano still hasnt signed with the Dogs, seems they are waiting to see what happens with T Rex.

I know we were interested but we could do worse than to take another look at him.

aqua_duck

Coach
Kasiano is being very smart by not signing anything, his value is going up every game. Shame that can't be said about Eddy

Johns Magic

Referee
Chris Houston, Sam Anderson, Danny Buderus, Ethan Cook, Marvin Filipo, Daine Laurie, Rodney Mason, Willie Mason, Robbie Rochow, Mark Wade, Chris Adams, Joel Edwards, Richie Fa'aoso, Siuatonga Likiliki, Kevin Naiqama, Kyle O'Donnell, Evarn Tuimavave

That is a list of our off-contracts. I can't see too many aside from House and Willie, if he wants to stay, earning another run. Bedsy of course, too.

Edwards, Fa'aoso, Liki, Tuimavave should all go. I wouldn't bat an eyelid, and will be surprised if any of them are actually retained.

Filipo should go if he is on any more than the minimum.

And it pains me to say it but it might be time for Bedsy to go as well. Nothing to do with money, I just think it's time for the team to move forward. That is to assume we have a suitable replacement, which at the moment we don't. I could definitely see the upside in terms of experience and leadership if he stayed on though. Not convinced either way on this one yet. Ideally we find a great halfback and move Gids into 9, but even his physical shape is a concern.

Beau Scott and Gagai are two big steps towards success. The signings are coming. Rothfield says we have no 2013 cap space. He is wrong. Wayne will clean house. They deserve it. House will be re-signed i hope. As JM said in another thread, the Gagai signing is big and shows Rothfield makes stuff up. Rothfield had Wayne at Souths and then the Broncos with us no chance. We all know how that ended.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
I still remember when he had the 'scoop' that Wayne wouldn't sign anywhere for at least another couple of days, then a matter of hours later Wayne announced he was coming to us :lol:.

Muppet.

Nuffy

Bench
This from the NRL rumour signing thread.

The rumour (repeat rumour) is

Hasler is after McCullough (Broncos), to then release (and free up some $'s with the change over)

Ennis to Knights, as Bennett wants him to replace Budeus.

The Bennett & Ennis thing has some substance as Ennis did have the option to leave end of last yr to go with Bennett, but stayed. For some reason Bennett loves him.

I would expect Hasler would have gone in for Ballin first. Interesting all the same. Mick would add the niggle and passion we so sorely lack.

perverse

Referee
i can't stand Ennis, but he's a pretty good footy player. also a local. ticks all the boxes. i can't imagine the Broncos allowing all this to happen without them getting some sort of replacement, though? why would they let McCullough go?

Joker's Wild

Coach
I cant understand why the Dogs would want him tbh. McCullough is in the bottom 1/4 of NRL hookers and not what you'd call consistent.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I don't think the Broncos would be too upset if they lost McCullough. Kurt Baptiste is a quality prospect and I feel he would fill the dummy half role for the Broncos admirably.

rnb11

Juniors
I don't see why Ennis would leave his new 3 year deal and give up his captaincy when he had the chance to join us this season, doesnt make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts