What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Kornstar

Coach
No buddy, but we choked and have been for 32 years. It’s sad and I’m sick of it which is why we need mentally tough players. We were duped into thinking that Foran was that man and on face value he was and we know what happened there.

BA’s recruitment besides Brown and Gutherson has been shit. I think it’s a myth that players want to play for him, not what I’m now hearing and I think you know what I mean. PM me if you are interested.

This rumour was around after we lost 4 in a row last year, then went away.

We've now lost 4 in a row again and it's back.

2 things from me;

1) BA doesn't shirk anything and protecting those merkins in 2016 when everything was going down. He was the face of the organisation and handled himself f**king beautifully and has ever since. He even went on TV on Monday night after those pea hearts didn't turn up on Sunday. If he were my boss i would run through a wall for him!

2) If you don't want to play for him DON'T f**kING SAY YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM, it is pretty f**king easy! I don't have a problem that you don't want to play for him if you have reasons but just don't f**king lie, i hate that shit!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
I think you have nailed it dead on, and it’s a factor of both.

Mannah has dropped his head at 12 nil and we know there are a few in the team with a reputation of doing as they please at times.

Our high intensity defence can also take it’s toll and if everyone isn’t putting in like they should you get what happened on Sunday. The weather just amplified it.

I don't reckon it's Mannah tbh. He does the same whether we're up by 20 or down by 20. Yeah he's not a rev up type but he always keeps trundling

I just think there are some personalities in the side who need a rev up merchant out there and apart from Scott and Kenny we don't really have one.

We miss Kenny heaps

Noise

Coach
Could be a very astute spot there Pou. I do believe I claimed that will happen this morning!

I called it Monday:

I'd go as close as possible to the team that did so well in the back end of last year (minus the semis bow out):

1. Hayne
2. French
3. Jennings (right)
4. Taka (left)
5. Auvaa
6. Moses
7. Norman
8. Mannah
9. King (if injured Kaysa)
10. Matagi
11. Mau (left)
12. Moroea (right) if injured Edwards
13. Brown

14. Edwards or Will Smith if Edwards starts
15. Peni
16. Alvaro
17. Evans or Vave if he's back from injury

BA has really f**ked up with his selections in the first 2 rounds

hindy111

Post Whore
And after running for a whopping 80 metres on the weekend, Traumalolo (who had a quiet game and nearly doubled that) came out and said Pangai can be better than him. So he will surely be open to reasonable offers now.

I heard he wants to play for Bennet and will do it for under 200k just to be there.

hindy111

Post Whore
He wasn't that big. The exceptional thing about Wicks was his athleticism.

And a mongrel.
Sharks packs smaller then ours but more mognrel. I like dirty players.Elbows in faces,fingers in eyes. Ankle twists. They annoy the other team.Greg bird, Gallen types.

Noise

Coach
The selections have had nothing to do with it. It's been all about attitude.

Bullshit. Attitude and selections were both contributors. Hayne moving to fullback, and Jennings swapping sides isn't being done to improve the team's attitude. It is being done to improve the team. 'Resting' Beau Scott last week wasn't about attitude either

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't reckon it's Mannah tbh. He does the same whether we're up by 20 or down by 20. Yeah he's not a rev up type but he always keeps trundling

I just think there are some personalities in the side who need a rev up merchant out there and apart from Scott and Kenny we don't really have one.

We miss Kenny heaps
Agree in missing Kenny big time.

He’s the heart beat of the side, couldn’t believe he wasn’t named in round 1.

84 Baby

Referee
BA has really f**ked up with his selections in the first 2 rounds
?
So I'm assuming Edwards round 1 and Scott round 2 were his f**k ups? In which case do you honestly reckon 1 player makes a difference? Maybe against Penriff, but last week?
Unless you mean having Mannah/Alvaro start against Penriff? In which case well he fixed that last week.
Or do you mean Hayne/French/Auvaa doing swapsies? In which case Hayne & French had both had time at back
Or do you mean Jennings on right? In which case, a lot of Penriff's attack was effected on his side, so would he have been better swapping against Moanly, who threw all their attack down our right?
Or do you mean not picking the injured Penishands?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bullshit. Attitude and selections were both contributors. Hayne moving to fullback, and Jennings swapping sides isn't being done to improve the team's attitude. It is being done to improve the team.
Hayne to fullback would be to get him away from the defensive load at centre - it's a defensive position! Jennings swapping sides would be to allow Auva'a to play on his preferred side. I agree it's to improve the team, but our problem has been our defence, not who is returning kicks. And Hayne was already attacking at fullback for our good ball sets, at least until he got tired. I reckon Hayne will spend time on the wing this week.
'Resting' Beau Scott last week wasn't about attitude either
Scott was crook. Was probably coming down with it while playing against Penrith too. Do you think it's coincidence that we conceded 54 points without Scott in the team?

Noise

Coach
?
So I'm assuming Edwards round 1 and Scott round 2 were his f**k ups? In which case do you honestly reckon 1 player makes a difference? Maybe against Penriff, but last week?
Yes I am talking about round 1 in terms of Edwards. So I am glad we can agree it was a f**k up in round 1
Unless you mean having Mannah/Alvaro start against Penriff? In which case well he fixed that last week.
Yep, again against Penrith...another f**k up in round 1.
Or do you mean Hayne/French/Auvaa doing swapsies? In which case Hayne & French had both had time at back
Yep which was a cluster f**k in round 2. You don't chop and change 3 outside backs several times during a game. If you aren't good enough for the position don't play there. Seems like BA has fixed this stupid 3 player swap ploy this week
Or do you mean Jennings on right? In which case, a lot of Penriff's attack was effected on his side, so would he have been better swapping against Moanly, who threw all their attack down our right?
Yep Jennings moving back to the left for the first 2 rounds was dumb. We were best defensively when he played next to Moses. Many people questioned this decision in the off season. Stupid decision. Defence wins matches.Glad he is rectifying that f**k up now
Or do you mean not picking the injured Penishands?
Nope he was injured so that wasn't a f**k up.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Hayne to fullback would be to get him away from the defensive load at centre - it's a defensive position! Jennings swapping sides would be to allow Auva'a to play on his preferred side. I agree it's to improve the team, but our problem has been our defence, not who is returning kicks. And Hayne was already attacking at fullback for our good ball sets, at least until he got tired. I reckon Hayne will spend time on the wing this week.

Scott was crook. Was probably coming down with it while playing against Penrith too. Do you think it's coincidence that we conceded 54 points without Scott in the team?

Agree that Jennings moving back to the right is about improving defence. Which is why he should never have been moved to the left. You don't fix what is not broken.

Hayne at fullback will be better in attack and defence than whatever French was offering.

Scott may have been crook in round 1...He was gassed after 5 minutes. Which makes the decision to play him over a healthy Kenny Edwards even dumber.

TheRam

Coach
Fair enough, and so do I. I agree with you about the last 2 weeks. We were shit. I disagree about how we improve. I disagree that BA never changes. I disagree that our roster hasn't improved. I agree that Semi is a loss, but disagree about how big.

Bottom line is that I'm a glass half full type of fella. You're not. That's OK. All I'm asking is that you judge us on more than the two games which were clearly very out of character for this team. They were the Parra of old and I thought had gone. Let's see how the year progresses. I'm still confident.

Fact is that no team has ever won a premiership that has had more then 49 points scored against them in one game. So unless we can break a 110 year record with this team...HAHAHAHA!!!! I have already written off this season as far as winning it goes.

The best we can hope for is we somehow make the semis and maybe win a game.

Bazal

Post Whore
Fact is that no team has ever won a premiership that has had more then 49 points scored against them in one game. So unless we can break a 110 year record with this team...HAHAHAHA!!!! I have already written off this season as far as winning it goes.

The best we can hope for is we somehow make the semis and maybe win a game.

If you seriously though we'd be a good chance of a premiership before last week, given the strength of the Storm and the Cowboys and the Roosters, you've got rocks in your head anyway. Semis and knocked out by one of those sides is probably realistic.

The advantages those sides have over us at the moment are massive and it's nothing to do with coaching or administration.