What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We offered what we wanted to spend, he refused it, as was his right.

I personally wouldn't have wanted them paying more than they offered, even considering how good he is.
Exactly. He might be worth that much as an individual but he wasn't worth it to our team. That's why there was no sale.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, when the club had to be prodded to even put in an offer, and when they did it was a laughable one, they must have realized it was pointless negotiating any longer. I think BA got this one wrong. A mill or so and a promise to use best endeavours to find TPAs might have done the job.
No player or manager trusts our TPAs. And the ones they can get themselves have nothing to do with the attractiveness of our offer.

ash411

Bench
Exactly. He might be worth that much as an individual but he wasn't worth it to our team. That's why there was no sale.
That's the thing that a lot of people are overlooking..

Yes, Hayne is a world class player, but world class players can still not into into a team dynamic, and end up damaging the team more than they help.

If nothing else, NSW origin has been teaching us that for a decade now,

oldmancraigy

Coach
Lowball? 2.5 mill for 3 years is a decent deal considering he's been out of the game for 2 years.

Not sure many peeps wanted us to match the Titans offer, let alone go above it. He proved what he's about and the club made the right call IMO.

Exactly.

I'm of the opinion that Hayne is one of the best players in the history of the game. But 2 years out trying to play a power game rather than an aerobic game... I wouldn't have offered more than we did. It was a generous offer - and good luck to the Titans if they have the cash to splash - we're not in the same position unfortunately.

The Colonel

Immortal
Yes but he's a Parramatta icon and as such it's possible he could get TPAs with us that wouldn't be available elsewhere.

Yes. But in a one team town he is more likely to get TPA's over and above what being a Parramatta icon would offer.

In Western Sydney, besides the NRL sides he has GWS and Wanderers.

In the Coast, he has the Suns who are struggling and not much else.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And the Titans have more need for Hayne's crowd pulling factor, meaning they are in a better position to include it under their cap (since what a player is paid to play footy and what he is paid to promote the club can't be separated, from a salary cap point of view).

Yes. But in a one team town he is more likely to get TPA's over and above what being a Parramatta icon would offer.

In Western Sydney, besides the NRL sides he has GWS and Wanderers.

In the Coast, he has the Suns who are struggling and not much else.
True, but even with all that competition more people watch eels game than they do the Titans. And when Maxi pisses off we might be able to plug the cheat machine back in.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think one of the dudes associated with TCT suggested on nospam46 that Parr is coming but taumalolo is a long shot

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Parr is a smart operatorer, exactly what we need.

Lolo is no chance. and would want too much. We had our chance to get him in 2011 or 2012 before he became the best prop in the game.

Latest posts