What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
No matter what marquee player we try and sign, we will have to offer minimum $700k+, but none of them would be a shadow of what Hayne is as a player.

That alone tells you what an insult it was offering Hayne that low ball deal, and why he and his manager both treated it in the way it deserved.

Why do we need to try and sign a marquee player? Norman is a better half then Hayne and proven in the position. Hayne is not proven in the halves. It would take him atleast 12mths to adjust and then he could be off.
Semi is a more dynamic winger then any I have seen.

Hayne is the best fullback but considering we have Bevan who would maybe cost 200k MAX he can do a good enough job while we spend the money to make the rest of the squad strong.

If we signed Hayne we still would of needed a halfback - hooker - Forwards. He would not of solved to many of our problems.

Has anyone actually thought perhaps Hayne wanted only 2 yrs and Parra wanted min 3 yrs?

hindy111

Post Whore
Id throw 650k At tamallolo
and 350k at big ben

Imagine that those 2 + bevan - for 1.2 mill.

or Hayne for 1.2mill + two squad players (rory Obrien say and Hasson) for 1.4 mill
smart operating if pulled that off

IFR33K

Coach
Jesus. Forget Tolo, he is NOT coming!

Ben M would be a good signing though.

We should never discount anyone, even if they are realistically no chance. That way we drive up their asking price to their current club. Maybe putting us in a position to sign a team mate. :)

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we need to look at a few backs to - For back ups.

If one of our 1-5 goes down we do not have a lot . How has Schulte progressed. I seen him at start of season.Needed a lot of work.

Oscarman

Juniors
Didn't Taumololo actually sign then change his mind Papalii style? I seem to recall something mentioned like he would miss his Mum's cooking too much.

IFR33K

Coach
Didn't Taumololo actually sign then change his mind Papalii style? I seem to recall something mentioned like he would miss his Mum's cooking too much.
That's what he said. But he didn't sign I don't think.

f**k if he signs I'll cook for him. Smmfingh.

phantom eel

First Grade
I understand Suitys frustration on not signing Hayne however I don't think even matching the offer would have seen him back at the club anyway. It's always been about the money and the ego. It would not have mattered one ounce what we offered. It was always about who was prepared to meet the fanfare and put him up where he wants to be. It's about his brand and what people can do to promote that brand.

It all happened far too quickly for mine despite his apparent frustrations of not being offered a contract and then it not being enough.

He would have earned considerable legitimate TPA's at Parramatta however a one town team like the Titans will be able to draw on a multitude of businesses. Under Armour, one of his American gained contracts, have just opened on the Gold Coast as well.

IMO He will be at the Titans for two years max. He will then sign a deal with Fiji and play Rugby at the next World Cup before he embarks on another career move.

Good luck to him but he wasn't ever coming "home".
Well said Colonel. Agree with every element of your post.

emjaycee

Coach
Does anyone wonder whether BA is regretting the decision to release Ryan Matterson?
He was in our Top 25 and would have possibly made a difference this year with the halves issues we have had and would he and Norman have been a suitable combo for next year?

Noise

Coach
Does anyone wonder whether BA is regretting the decision to release Ryan Matterson?
He was in our Top 25 and would have possibly made a difference this year with the halves issues we have had and would he and Norman have been a suitable combo for next year?

His biggest regret would have been Foran. I don't think he would have too many regrets about Matterson because Matterson is no better than Robson so it is like for like. In fact Robson only coming for a few months means we probably got him cheaper than Matterson

strider

Post Whore
Im not that convinced about matterson

To me matterson seems like a player who ould have been a good #13 20 years ago

Latest posts