What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Think how bad we would've been without them. And of course we built the core of the competitive squad we currently have. We were top four before we got caught.

...and its dodgy shit like this that has us coming 14th. Another successful year.

The squad we currently have signed for next year isn't going to play semis. We don't have any halves or a decent hooker, all positions that are harder to recruit quality into. If we somehow put together a competitive squad, it certainly all doesn't come down to Nolan.

I reckon he's a bit of a myth.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
It's getting caught that has us in 14th. How well do you reckon we'll go next year? We might make the finals but I reckon we're no chance of finishing top four.
I'll take that. I know we should accept anything less than a premiership, but all things considered, if they make the 8 with no dramas next year, I'll be a happy boy.

Happy MEel

First Grade
If Nolan was open to handing out cash in paper bags outside the cap as has been alleged, he was essentially working with an unlimited cap in negotiations.

If this is the case then he should have assembled a much better roster than what we had under his watch, just like the storm did.

hindy111

Post Whore
Depends who we sign and how much Bevan gutherson kaysa and Tepai improve. They could all go from good and solid to excellent. If that happens we can win it.
The fact the current team is not only competing but winning says enough.
It will be a better side next season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Nolan was open to handing out cash in paper bags outside the cap as has been alleged, he was essentially working with an unlimited cap in negotiations.

If this is the case then he should have assembled a much better roster than what we had under his watch, just like the storm did.
I don't think it's so easy to launder an unlimited amount of cash. Or we probably would have.

Happy MEel

First Grade
You're bartman's new alt, aren't you? f**ken little sleaze.

Nope...and if you read the post properly I included all of the previous administrations as they have all been as bad as each other. It was a little joke in response to Gary's post but it seems to have struck a nerve.

Agenda driven much, Pou?

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Ha yep. What a geniused recruitment strategy that was
Given what's come out this year, I suspect there may have been another reason for signing a lower grade brother to entice the 'better' brother along. Plus don't forget the Hoppas

hindy111

Post Whore
Brad Murray put up great NYC stats as well. It's a good indicator, but not the be-all and end-all. Cleary looks a fair bit quicker and stronger than Dargan, hence his much earlier NRL debut.
Not seen Dargan. What ive read he is few years away if was to make it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nope...and if you read the post properly I included all of the previous administrations as they have all been as bad as each other. It was a little joke in response to Gary's post but it seems to have struck a nerve.

Agenda driven much, Pou?
What agenda do you think I have?

hindy111

Post Whore
Took me 5 yrs but i think a lot of what pou says makes sense. Doesnt let emotionss effect decisions.

Latest posts