What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We spend a lot of money developing these guys but seem willing to throw them onto the scrap heap very quickly. As you know some players take a while to mature and achieve their potential. I would have thought that those with potential be developed further. Give them a minimum NRL contract, mentor them, give them full time training and see how they go. If they don't improve in 12 months then make a decision on their future. They can't be worse than some of the nuffies we have signed up for more than minimum lately.

Are you drunk? FFS how are we throwing juniors on the scrap heap?

We have 8 players, in stone, kafusi, Mahoney in the top 21 this week, plus brown, Dunster, GL, Fainga’a and Utoikamanu in NSW cup - who have played 20’s for us. Plus a 19 year old Salmon and Marata who we poached from the warriors in our top 13.

That’s 10 players all between the ages of 18-22 playing NSW cup / NRL.

What more do you want the club to do? Come on, rather then just making statements actually say what else they should do that they aren’t already doing?

TheRam

Coach
Targeting him for what?...and when has he been targeted?...and by whom?

Still a lot of semen to push down the drain.

How do you "push" it down the drain GreedyGuts? Don't you just wash it down the drain? I know we have taught you many new tricks in Bones on Bones, but I don't remember that one. Maybe now you can teach me and Hindy a thing or two?

From the pupil to the master.

Clarification: GreedyGuts is the new nickname both Hindy and I gave Gutful after his stellar but, unsurprising appetite during our long session at the club. At the end of them he'd always leave with a gutful though.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bullshit, see my reply to Josh, they still won 9 games in 2015 with the the worst injury toll in league. As I said Josh is happy to downplay Cleary that season but is also happy to make all the excuses under the son for BA.
You said they finished Top 4. That was wrong.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How do you "push" it down the drain GreedyGuts? Don't you just wash it down the drain? I know we have taught you many new tricks in Bones on Bones, but I don't remember that one. Maybe now you can teach me and Hindy a thing or two?

From the pupil to the master.

Clarification: GreedyGuts is the new nickname both Hindy and I gave Gutful after his stellar but, unsurprising appetite during our long session at the club. At the end of them he'd always leave with a gutful though.
His name makes much more sense now.

TheRam

Coach
You sure about that?

I thought Cleary’s last year was 2015 where the panthers finished 11th on 22 points only 2 points from last position!

Hiney never lets the facts get in the way of a good whine.

Have you forgotten that that year was riddled with injuries and they never really recovered, kind of like us this year. How come so many of you are willing to throw that up as a valid excuse for why our team has been ordinary this year and ignore a similar injury toll that impacted the Panthers and their coaches performance back then? Not to mention Cleary's better resume then BA at this point.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Have you forgotten that that year was riddled with injuries and they never really recovered, kind of like us this year. How come so many of you are willing to throw that up as a valid excuse for why our team has been ordinary this year and ignore a similar injury toll that impacted the Panthers and their coaches performance back then? Not to mention Cleary's better resume then BA at this point.
You are doing the opposite of what you accuse me of. Excusing Cleary but marking BA hard.

You can’t have it both ways.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

That wasn’t the point, I was only pointing out some incorrect information about where Penrith finished in 2015.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So some coaches have bad years because of bad luck but not Arthur?
How many coaches in their 5th year have survived the axe after winning the spoon???

My main problem with BA is the style of football we are playing, it has barely changed since 2014. We look like strangers on the field and we are god awful boring to watch.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How many coaches in their 5th year have survived the axe after winning the spoon???

My main problem with BA is the style of football we are playing, it has barely changed since 2014. We look like strangers on the field and we are god awful boring to watch.

Fair enough we argue all day about what style we are playing.

But regarding BA how many coaches have had to deal with what he did with in 2016? Because of how we went in 2017 we tend to forget 2016 was a total f**k up, which had nothing to do with BA. The fact BA even got us to finals in 2017 let alone the top 4 was a f**ken miracle!! Based on that he at least deserves in my opinion to see out his contract - also it’s not like there are any standout candidates or BA is doing a “Hasler” with our squad (we have plenty of promising juniors and cap space ). He could have quit in 2016 and totally stuff up the club!!

I reckon we all have no idea how much the 2016 disaster has affected our cap management and ability to recruit for 2017/18 along with the resources available to BA!

Latest posts