What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Chipmunk

Coach
Sorry ok about watmough/Scott

Don’t forget Hayne can kick if he plays fullback and Mahoney seems to have a handy kick too. Bird can kick too.

Bird is a more powerful runner then gutho and wouId help us straighten up our attack which is to side ways.

Peats cost to much and Mahoney is the future, can’t see much available that are better then him. Lichaa on the cheap? Aren’t the dogs shopping him around . Pitts Pritchard is made of paper, plus we have that other gun junior hooker which is apparently training with the nrl squad this off-season.

There was also a rumour (probably bullshit), that Jennings to Gold Coast was a swap for Peachey as he wants to stay in Sydney and panthers can’t afford him.

Napa wouId be ok.

Id be surprised if Jenko left Sydney unless he had to. Plus...he doesnt really have to as he's got a deal. I can't really see anyone in Sydney with the money available to make it worth our while to pay him to play elsewhere.

I think Id probably just persevere with Mahoney unless we can find a senior 9 looking for something for a couple of years. Isaac Luke springs to mind in that regard. Is there someone over in the UK Super League looking to come home?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Id be surprised if Jenko left Sydney unless he had to. Plus...he doesnt really have to as he's got a deal. I can't really see anyone in Sydney with the money available to make it worth our while to pay him to play elsewhere.

I think Id probably just persevere with Mahoney unless we can find a senior 9 looking for something for a couple of years. Isaac Luke springs to mind in that regard. Is there someone over in the UK Super League looking to come home?

But with Jennings he doesn’t have a deal for 2020, so unless another Sydney club wants him, he probably has to move. So if someone offered him a 2 or 3 deal now, he may just take it.

There was talk of Parcell

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Exactly the answer I wouId expect from you ................
What a well thought out post??? Well we all know what we would get out of you, excuses and deflection. Do you think clubs like the Roosters or Broncos give a shit about contract situations??? They just get shit done and do whatever it takes to sign who they need.

What a well thought out post??? Well we all know what we would get out of you, excuses and deflection. Do you think clubs like the Roosters or Broncos give a shit about contract situations??? They just get shit done and do whatever it takes to sign who they need.

You only get to observe the players that those clubs DO move on (just like you get to observe which players the Eels move on mid-contract). How would you know if the Broncs / Roosters / Eels unsuccessfully tried to move a play on mid-contract?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You only get to observe the players that those clubs DO move on (just like you get to observe which players the Eels move on mid-contract). How would you know if the Broncs / Roosters / Eels unsuccessfully tried to move a play on mid-contract?
Oh piss off Barry your logic isn't needed around here, I'm on a f**king rant!! Sack BA and sack the players and sack the EEELLLLLLS!!!

Glenneel

Bench
Why do people think players are just like groceries in a supermarket where you just say “I’m taking you” and that’s it, done deal.

We about to get a third spoon in 6 years, there is a question mark over the long term future of our coach, have a history of boardroom issues, and lack a superstar on the roster - I’d say that makes us in the lower echelon of clubs players would wish to go to - unless we’re happy to pay overs.

I’m sure BA would love TPJ, but it seems he’s only interested in Newcastle outside of staying at Brisbane.
He is a Knights or Tigers junior originally. May have friends down here he wants to reconnect with.

Glenneel

Bench
Oh piss off Barry your logic isn't needed around here, I'm on a f**king rant!! Sack BA and sack the players and sack the EEELLLLLLS!!!
Your rant is well deserved hiney. Did anyone hear BAs press conference after Roosters mauling? He needs to go!!!!!!!
He said we need a fresh start and then towards the end said we have the 'right staff and playing group'.
Wtf Wtf!!!
The right staff and playing group have come f**king last, LAST, you moron. So now we are training to come last are we?
This club, already saying BA is safe before a review has made any recommendations, is an absolute joke. And continuing on with this imposter shows it is a joke. And he has learnt absolutely NOTHING from this year.
Well fans, don't expect anything or result different from this year going forward. End of my rant!

Glenneel

Bench
I for one am confused. Are you saying Matterson is going too Parra? If so, great. Or Matterson is greater than Parra? If so, we know!
We sacked him so why would he come back here? Yet again no foresight from Parra. A good player in the halves (but not a great one) but we couldn't see that he'd make a decent forward. Same with Davis, not a back but may become a decent forward, certainly has the size for a positional change.

Glenneel

Bench
Ok. Next year we have
Mennings $800k
Moses $800k
Norman $900k
Add to that Hayne who wont sign for less than $800 Id imagine.
3.3 Million tied up in 3 players who have been worse than poor this year plus 1 other who has a history of being very good or very average.
We have huge issues. The only opportunity we have to get value out of these blokes is to change it up. If the teams direction and game plan/defensive structures/offensive plan remains as it is then its hard to imagine different results.
We should offer Hayne $400k. As a player that is his worth and he'll not go anywhere else. But this club is so poorly managed they'll probably offer what you said. About time we offered a fair wage for a fair job.

hindy111

Post Whore
We sacked him so why would he come back here? Yet again no foresight from Parra. A good player in the halves (but not a great one) but we couldn't see that he'd make a decent forward. Same with Davis, not a back but may become a decent forward, certainly has the size for a positional change.

Davis looks disinterested and lacks that killer instinct. I'd release him.They also have Parry and Dunster who will take 2 spots for wenty id imagine also Tui and Noel Aka maybe
Any word on Tui Afalou? I heard he was off to titans

hindy111

Post Whore
I have no idea how our backline will be.
At this stage we have these options

1Bevan/ Hoffman
2Hayne/ Dunster/GL
3Gutherson / Parry
4Jennings / Taka
5Ferguson / G.J/ Sivo
6Norman / Salmon
7Moses / Brown

Tui and Noel Aka are possibilities for NSW cup side. But with Sivo,Parry and Dunster almost certain spots I can see 3 guys being released.
Hoffman id say is one. Auvau already gone and I reckon someone from our first grade line up will be punted.Bevan or MJ most likely. That would leave a shoot out for the wing spot as Hayne would shift to centre or fullback.
Jennings vs Sivo vs Dunster vs Parry most likely.

The team should be set up every year with this model. I'd be happy with any of those 3 new guys getting a crack.

JokerEel

Coach
I think you have me mistaken with somone else in regard to the Watmough and Scott signings.

Graham would've been handy for two years from last year. But that ship has sailed now.

I didn't think we should be signing Maloney or any of the players that went to the Warriors. I was using them as examples of players who went elsewhere why still under contract. They signed Harris and Blair, which is what they needed.

Bird I also think would be a decent buy, but then it leaves Norman or Moses as the one and only kicker and they're both unreliable to be the only kicking option. I'm not sure Bird would be any better as a 6 than Gutho. I think Bird would be handy on an edge or centre.

I think we should consider another crack at Peats in the 9.

I'd have a crack at Veki from the sharks for left wing.

If the Roosters end up with Taupau I'd have a crack at JWH, but would take Napa as the second option.

Id tell a number of players in the squad who are signed up next year there free to find a new deal.

Why do we need a hooket Mahoney will have a full offseason to get him ready for next year as the number 9... He is already better than Peats....

We all ready have enough wingers for next season..

Gennings
French
Ferguson
That guy from Penrith ISP
Dunster

I agree we Need to get a forward leader as in JWH.. Napa isn't a leader just like Evans...

JokerEel

Coach
I have no idea how our backline will be.
At this stage we have these options

1Bevan/ Hoffman
2Hayne/ Dunster/GL
3Gutherson / Parry
4Jennings / Taka
5Ferguson / G.J/ Sivo
6Norman / Salmon
7Moses / Brown

Tui and Noel Aka are possibilities for NSW cup side. But with Sivo,Parry and Dunster almost certain spots I can see 3 guys being released.
Hoffman id say is one. Auvau already gone and I reckon someone from our first grade line up will be punted.Bevan or MJ most likely. That would leave a shoot out for the wing spot as Hayne would shift to centre or fullback.
Jennings vs Sivo vs Dunster vs Parry most likely.

The team should be set up every year with this model. I'd be happy with any of those 3 new guys getting a crack.

Hayne is the fullback...

hybrideel

Bench

You realise, the main reason he left us to go to the roosters was that we were trying to get him to move to the forwards as that's where the club saw his future which he didn't agree with because he wanted to play 6.

Chipmunk

Coach
Why do we need a hooket Mahoney will have a full offseason to get him ready for next year as the number 9... He is already better than Peats....

We all ready have enough wingers for next season..

Gennings
French
Ferguson
That guy from Penrith ISP
Dunster

I agree we Need to get a forward leader as in JWH.. Napa isn't a leader just like Evans...

I probably agree that we're better off persevering with Mahoney next year and see how he goes.

French is ineffective on the wing, Gennings is a 22-26 player in your squad and the other two are untried at NRL level.

You're probably right on Napa.