What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
In 5yrs we haven't been consistant under BA. It is a concern. Anyhows I not fussed. Whatever club does I will still support.

T.S Quint

Coach
In 5yrs we haven't been consistant under BA. It is a concern. Anyhows I not fussed. Whatever club does I will still support.

In those 5 years Arthur has had to deal with not only a massive salary cap scandal, but also having his best player leave the club halfway through an offseason. Plenty of injury issues, plus upper management that would be lucky to be able to organise a chook raffle.

I’m not saying he is completely blameless, but there have been very few coaches who have had to deal with the shit BA has had to put up with.

chiefy1

Bench
1. French
2. Ferguson
3. Mennings
4. Gutho
5. Hoffman/Siva/GGennings
6. Salmon
7. Hayne (c)
8. Paulo
9. Mahoney
10. Alvaro
11. Lane
12. Moeroa
13. Brown

14. Evans
15. Kaufusi
16. Ma'u
17. Knight

Might not be perfect, but is based on getting rid of Norman and Moses.

Knight ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seriously? Have we signed him??
Emjaycee seems to think so, he has mentioned him a few times. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Canberra are losing their two starting front rowers and still happy to let this bloke go. Speaks volumes.

emjaycee

Coach
Awesome. Another 16 to 26 quality level player...is our goal to have 30 players that would be considered player 16 to 26 at a premiership contender.
Wouldnt the top 17 at a premiership contender also have 2 players that are at the 16 to 26 quality level?

In a top 15 you would expect to have 7 forwards (edge and middle).
Our best 7 so far in 2019 would be (not in order):
Alvaro
Paulo
Mannah
Brown
Moeroa
Lane
Ma'u

Apart from possibly Mannah, I reckon the other 6 make most top 15's.

Need to add 2 more to the top 17 and they have to come from positions 16 and 17 in your overall squad.

Our problem remains having those 6 in the same team, not neceasarily the level of quality of the individual.

Chipmunk

Coach
Wouldnt the top 17 at a premiership contender also have 2 players that are at the 16 to 26 quality level?

In a top 15 you would expect to have 7 forwards (edge and middle).
Our best 7 so far in 2019 would be (not in order):
Alvaro
Paulo
Mannah
Brown
Moeroa
Lane
Ma'u

Apart from possibly Mannah, I reckon the other 6 make most top 15's.

Need to add 2 more to the top 17 and they have to come from positions 16 and 17 in your overall squad.

Our problem remains having those 6 in the same team, not neceasarily the level of quality of the individual.

None of those forwards have ever been at a Premiership contender, nor would a Premiership contender consider them because they're not good enough for the money they'd want. Brown is probably an exception. The rest have hardly even played Finals, let alone won a Finals match. ALL of them are 16 to 19 players in a decent side.

Take your blue and gold goggles off.

Johnny88

Juniors
Buzz Rothfield
Eels sink to record low

THE Parramatta Eels have wrapped up another miserable season by “winning” their 14th wooden spoon in 72 seasons.

That’s close enough to once in every five years that they have been the worst team in the premiership.

This is a “record” no club would be proud of in a competition in which it is all about building for sustained success.

You can’t win premierships or be as good as Melbourne Storm every year but you can at least be competitive.

What the Eels have dished up this year has been totally unacceptable.

Especially a club that is backed by a thriving leagues club and has a massive junior league that their rivals would kill for.

A club many of us tipped to make the top eight and possibly the top four at the start of the season.

I looked back at our pre-season tips. I had them running sixth, Bulldog Ritchie third, Kenty fifth, Dave Riccio fifth, Paul Crawley fifth, Mick Carayannis fifth, Matt Logue fifth and poor old Nick Walshaw had them winning the premiership.

The Eels board is now finalising a strategic plan for the future.

There will be a sharp focus on the Eels’ junior rugby league nursery, which is second only in size to the Penrith Panthers.

It’s okay to be moving into the magnificent new Western Sydney stadium next year but fans want results. This is a business where winning is everything.

Fans will not buy seats and memberships if the team is performing as poorly next season, no matter how good the home ground is.

What we have seen in the past two weeks (conceding 88 points against the Cowboys and the Roosters) has been dreadful.

The halves, Corey Norman and Mitchell Moses, are soaking up more than $1.6 million of the salary cap yet playing like park footballers.

Moses’ kicking game against the Roosters would be unacceptable in under-14s.

Fifth-tackle kicks went backwards or into touch on the full.

Either Norman or Moses has to go.

There are other players in the team who just aren’t having a go.

As coach Brad Arthur said after the game: “I’m glad it’s over. We can’t be too quick to dismiss it and turn a blind eye to it. The feeling we all have at the moment is more than enough motivation and drive to ensure it doesn’t happen again.”

Arthur’s job security will be the subject of much debate in coming weeks.

Everyone is accountable but he deserves to stay because he has held the club together in trying times for three years with the salary cap scandal and boardroom unrest.

The board will make a long overdue major investment into a football club restructure. It will ensure the coach has no more excuses.

Chief executive Bernie Gurr arrived with a great reputation but has done little in two years.

He, too, needs to lift his game.

This football club has to start again and build for sustainable success.

Wooden spoons should be for the clubs without money and juniors.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites...f1c4c14088c2cd03af400606fa1&memtype=anonymous