What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

ash411

Bench
Sure, but does that apply to all Kit Kat fans? I'd say most of them love Kit Kats so much they're not satisfied with just one. They taste great, but are still not filling.
IFR33K seems to think so, he's the one that suggested that the hope of a win was the only thing keeping us around..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
IFR33K seems to think so, he's the one that suggested that the hope of a win was the only thing keeping us around..
And you're the one who took the massive leap to the idea that winning would kill our hope. If we could win one it would increase my hope that we could win another. But it's not just hope that keeps me supporting the Eels. Probably.

ash411

Bench
And you're the one who took the massive leap to the idea that winning would kill our hope. If we could win one it would increase my hope that we could win another. But it's not just hope that keeps me supporting the Eels. Probably.
taken out of context, sure.

But freeks use of hope put into context says "The thing is we never will. It's the hope that keeps us going.." meaning that, in that context, should we win, the hope stops, not because it is killed, more satisfied than killed.

Ha, no he didn't.
No, he didn't. I took a little poetic license there, it doesn't change my argument though, and it does nothing to help you win yours.

Better start looking for spelling and grammar errors...

Why? Do you lose interest when we are winning games?

I don't understand the reasoning...
Because I'm unsatisfied without a title. It's like I've been plowing money into a poker machine all night. The next time I hit the feature I might pack it in. But until them I'm not leaving.

ash411

Bench
Because I'm unsatisfied without a title. It's like I've been plowing money into a poker machine all night. The next time I hit the feature I might pack it in. But until them I'm not leaving.
So you're happy just to see us win one premiership? what if that one premiership kicks off a decade of dominance? How awesome would that be? why wouldn't you want to stick around for that?

Noise

Coach
taken out of context, sure.

But freeks use of hope put into context says "The thing is we never will. It's the hope that keeps us going.." meaning that, in that context, should we win, the hope stops, not because it is killed, more satisfied than killed.

No, he didn't. I took a little poetic license there, it doesn't change my argument though, and it does nothing to help you win yours.

Better start looking for spelling and grammar errors...

It shows that you make stuff up and put words into people's mouths, which is exactly my argument - that you made a giant leap by putting words into what ifreak was actually saying.

ash411

Bench
It shows that you make stuff up and put words into people's mouths, which is exactly my argument - that you made a giant leap by putting words into what ifreak was actually saying.
So what was he saying then? What's the other way to interpret that sentence?