What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hybrideel

Bench
I went through this years team lists and here is what we have had missing in games this year. I didn't include Watmough at all and took each player out as they were released. I only included an estimate of what the top 13 would be

1. Foran

2. None

3. Peats, Mau

4. Peats

5. Peats, Mannah

6. Mannah

7. Mannah

8. Mannah

9. Foran, Meroa

10. Foran, Mannah

11. Mannah

12. Jennings, Mannah

14. Taka, Foran, Mannah

15. Taka, Foran, Mannah

17. Taka, Foran, Mannah

18. Jennings, Taka, Foran

19. Radradra, Taka, Norman, Foran

20. Radradra, Jennings, Norman, Foran, Scott

21. Radradra, Jennings, Norman, Scott

22. Radradra, Norman

23. Radradra, Taka, Norman, Scott

Happy MEel

First Grade
I went through this years team lists and here is what we have had missing in games this year. I didn't include Watmough at all and took each player out as they were released. I only included an estimate of what the top 13 would be

1. Foran

2. None

3. Peats, Mau

4. Peats

5. Peats, Mannah

6. Mannah

7. Mannah

8. Mannah

9. Foran, Meroa

10. Foran, Mannah

11. Mannah

12. Jennings, Mannah

14. Taka, Foran, Mannah

15. Taka, Foran, Mannah

17. Taka, Foran, Mannah

18. Jennings, Taka, Foran

19. Radradra, Taka, Norman, Foran

20. Radradra, Jennings, Norman, Foran, Scott

21. Radradra, Jennings, Norman, Scott

22. Radradra, Norman

23. Radradra, Taka, Norman, Scott

Junior Paulo and Peats? I think you also need to include Watmough because we went into the year thinking he'd be a part of the roster.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Junior Paulo and Peats? I think you also need to include Watmough because we went into the year thinking he'd be a part of the roster.
He was in our top 25, even though didn't play a game since last July. it was awesome by the NRL to decide not to backdate his retirement. Further proof Todd can't wait for us to be a powerhouse.

phantom eel

First Grade
Good work Hybrid.

Including Watmough as missing for every game this year would just extra typing, and doesn't provide additional information. I think Foran (like Peats and Paulo) should not be included from the time of their releases.

For comparative purposes below is a list of the win/loss records for each round - the only games where we weren't really in the hunt/were outclassed were Rounds 1, 8, 11, 17, 20, 21, and 23 against Brisbane, Cowboys, Storm, Sharks, Titans, Wests, and Brisbane (again).

1. Home Loss 4-17 V Brisbane
2. Home Win 20-16 v Cowboys
3. Away Win 20-6 V Bulldogs
4. Away Win 8-0 v Wests
5. Home Loss 18-20 v Panthers (going down in final minute)
6. Home Win 36-6 v Raiders
7. Away Win 22-10 v Manly
8. Away Loss 16-32 v Cowboys
9. Home Win 20-12 v Bulldogs
10. Home Loss 20-22 v Souths (another close one)
11. Home Loss 6-18 v Storm
12. Away Win 20-18 v Knights
14. Home Win 22-12 v Titans (Darwin)
15. Away Win 12-30 v Souths
17. Away Loss 34-24 v Sharks
18. Home Win 22-18 v Roosters
19. Away Loss 18-22 v Panthers (another close one)
20. Away Loss 14-34 v Titans
21. Home Loss 8-23 v Wests
22. Home Win 10-9 v Manly
23. Away Loss 16-38 v Brisbane

Of that lot, the Tigers and Titans losses were disappointing - losing against four of the teams in the running is typical for a 5th-8th placed team (and great considering other aspects of the season we've had). Not shutting down close games against Panthers twice and Souths was also disappointing.

Noise

Coach
Pou, this morning you said that our money is better spent on forwards for next year. I don't disagree with you but an interested to hear who you would punt form our current top 17 to make way for some new ones

phantom eel

First Grade
His answer (only given in retrospect) will be... whoever the coach decides to punt.

Pou has so many splinters from not offering an actual opinion, his nickname will be paling soon.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Pou, this morning you said that our money is better spent on forwards for next year. I don't disagree with you but an interested to hear who you would punt form our current top 17 to make way for some new ones

De Gois / peni / Gower / obrien could all be punted from our 17 from last night. Add Scott, that leaves spots for 2 forwards and a hooker.

Plus there is no guarantees for alvaro ( is getting better each week but) / wicks ( does miss a few tackles but) either. Additionally we could go with no hooker on the bench.

Add Scott, better hooker, Vave and TBC $400k prop, our pack would be pretty good.

hindy111

Post Whore

Mannah terepo Alvaro gower.

hindy111

Post Whore
Try and give Mannah and gower a release and Other two viewed as back ups the same way they where start of 2016.

phantom eel

First Grade
Agree with punting Mannah if possible, and replacing with a starting front rower with some starch. The others are on minor money and can stay as useful back-ups imo.

Gower brings some good skills, Alvaro is only young and may develop further, Terepo should be back-up/Wenty level at best. De Gois and O'Brien are also in that back-up Wenty only category.

Dibs

Bench
De Gois / peni / Gower / obrien could all be punted from our 17 from last night. Add Scott, that leaves spots for 2 forwards and a hooker.

Plus there is no guarantees for alvaro ( is getting better each week but) / wicks ( does miss a few tackles but) either. Additionally we could go with no hooker on the bench.

Add Scott, better hooker, Vave and TBC $400k prop, our pack would be pretty good.
Thanks pou

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Why do people want to get rid of Mannah? By giving him up we basically exclude ourselves from 300k from the cap for the long-service player. He'd be on next to nothing towards the cap and probably the best valued player in the comp. Sure he isn't the best prop running around but his salary along with Wicks and Alvaro means that you can go out and buy a really good prop or keep our second rowers who we rely on more.

Dibs

Bench
If you only want Pou to answer a question you should message him personally. This is a forum and when you put up a question, no matter who it is directed to, others are going to answer it too.
I didn't ask a question what are you talking about? Obviously the person wanted pous opinion not yours because yours is crap compared to Pou's, and you couldn't even answer the question properly he never asked for replacements just who to get rid of. Do you struggle to read properly?

IFR33K

Coach
Punting mannah is stupid. He's the only player in our ranks that's eligible for long service player allowance. Smmfingh

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Punting mannah is stupid. He's the only player in our ranks that's eligible for long service player allowance. Smmfingh
Apparently Peni and Prichard are as well, not saying I would punt him but think they also are eligible.

Latest posts